Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Best & Worst #6  (Read 3870 times)

Craig Karlberg

Best & Worst #6
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2004, 05:04:21 AM »
Here's my picks:

BEST: WWTBAM, The Challengers.

WORST:  The USA block of Quicksilver/Free 4 All.

As far as Nick Arcade goes, there's a strategy in this game that tends to lure Mikey away fron the Goal.  If the team ia ahead, they might want to hunt for a prize or two while the team that's trailing might hunt for points squares.  Rerely(& it happened on a few occasions), a team can "backtrack" to a previously occupied square where a bomb resides.  When landed, each team member must alternate spelling out a word in 10 seconds or less.

tvwxman

Best & Worst #6
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2004, 09:57:40 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jul 26 2004, 07:55 PM\']
I would say "A Perfect Score" pioneered the concept of taping one show over a period of weeks.  As you recall, the first twenty minutes of the show took place on one day and then after a commercial break, all of a sudden, it was two weeks later. [/quote]
 And, it felt like weeks had passed after spending time watching it!
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Jay Temple

Best & Worst #6
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2004, 01:24:23 AM »
BEST:  WWTBAM, Challengers  (But are they sufficiently different from The $64,000 Question and The Who, What and Where Game to qualify?)
HONORABLE MENTIONS:  Debt, Idiot Savants

GUILTIEST PLEASURE:  Studs
WORST:  Monopoly

To everyone who mentioned a show I never saw as worst, I'll take your word for it.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Don Howard

Best & Worst #6
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2004, 10:24:15 AM »
THE BEST: The Challengers. Loved everything about it. While I didn't like the elimination of the Ultimate Challenge, that didn't knock out my enjoyment of the show and I followed it from 7pm to 2am to 10:30am to 5am and was sorry to see it go.
RUNNER-UP: Debt. Why they got rid of the "I am/You are" format for the front game, I don't understand. That was a cute gimmick. I was excited to see an article in Broadcasting magazine in 1997 saying the show might hit syndication or a network with the chance to pay off someone's credit trouble up to $100,000. Darned shame that one went away. Two good years, though.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2004, 10:24:55 AM by Don Howard »

Jimmy Owen

Best & Worst #6
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2004, 10:28:37 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jul 28 2004, 09:24 AM\'] THE BEST: The Challengers. Loved everything about it. While I didn't like the elimination of the Ultimate Challenge, that didn't knock out my enjoyment of the show and I followed it from 7pm to 2am to 10:30am to 5am and was sorry to see it go.
RUNNER-UP: Debt. Why they got rid of the "I am/You are" format for the front game, I don't understand. That was a cute gimmick. I was excited to see an article in Broadcasting magazine in 1997 saying the show might hit syndication or a network with the chance to pay off someone's credit trouble up to $100,000. Darned shame that one went away. Two good years, though. [/quote]
 "Debt" was in some limited syndication.  WWJ in Detroit had it on at Noon right after TPIR for a year or so.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

adamjk

Best & Worst #6
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2004, 10:31:21 AM »
Just one of many shows airing after Price here in recent years. We've had MG98 follow it, Card Sharks, the aforementioned Debt(which I never was aware of), Louie Anderson Feud, and I know this one isn't really recent, but I seem to remember Dawson Feud 94 following it at some point. Don't remember if it was the full hour or not. Can someone confirm this?

Jimmy Owen

Best & Worst #6
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2004, 10:37:36 AM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jul 28 2004, 09:31 AM\'] Just one of many shows airing after Price here in recent years. We've had MG98 follow it, Card Sharks, the aforementioned Debt(which I never was aware of), Louie Anderson Feud, and I know this one isn't really recent, but I seem to remember Dawson Feud 94 following it at some point. Don't remember if it was the full hour or not. Can someone confirm this? [/quote]
 When 62 switched to CBS, "ShopTil You Drop" followed TPIR, then Debt, etc.  I think O'Hurley's TTTT filled in for awhile at noon as well.  "Feud '94" was on Channel 50 at Noon for a half-hour.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

adamjk

Best & Worst #6
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2004, 10:39:44 AM »
Oh yeah, I forgot about To Tell the Truth. Didn't know about STYD though.

zachhoran

Best & Worst #6
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2004, 10:52:20 AM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jul 28 2004, 09:39 AM\'] Didn't know about STYD though. [/quote]
 Both Supermarket Sweep and STYD were test-marketed in syndicated reruns in the mid-90s(Sweep first, then STYD). Reruns of the Lifetime versions of both were shown, but like Debt in 1998, the show wasn't well received enough in syndication to try a rollout of first-run episodes.

TrplPlayRD

Best & Worst #6
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2004, 12:27:04 AM »
Best:
Win Ben Stein's Money
WWTBAM
The Challengers
Idiot Savants
Supermarket Sweep
Debt

Best Dating Shows:
Singled Out