Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Yet another proposal  (Read 2529 times)

beatlefreak84

Yet another proposal
« on: July 13, 2003, 06:46:04 PM »
Hello all,

I've been tinkering with this proposal for quite some time now, and I think it's got potential.  I'd like to pitch this to my college TV station and see if they'd consider producing it, but, first, I'd like to see what you think.

I have no name for it yet (maybe you can help?), but I think I have the rules:

This is a straightforward quiz show with lots of questions representing various subjects (school and pop culture), and all three rounds represent that.

Round 1:

Three contestants compete.  General knowledge questions are asked one-by-one to the players with difficulty level around $OTC's level.  Whoever can buzz-in with a correct answer receives 5 points; a wrong answer costs nothing for this round.  This is played until time runs out.

Round 2:

A category is given, and a toss-up question is read for 10 points.  Whoever gets it right then has the chance to go for a follow-up question in the same category for another 5 points; missing it costs 5, and there's no penalty for missing the original toss-up.  The follow-up is only given to the player who answered the initial toss-up correctly, and questions get a little harder in this round.  Oh, and each new toss-up is a different category.  Again, this is played until time runs out.

Round 3:

Three different categories are offered, and whoever is behind in terms of points (if there's a tie, some other method will be used) picks which category all toss-up questions for the round will be asked in.  This is a speed-round of 60 seconds, and each correct answer is worth 10 points; each wrong answer costs 10.  Only one answer will be accepted per question, and the player with the most points at the end of the round wins the game.  If there is a tie, then one more question is asked to determine the winner.  The difficulty will be about the same as round 2 (not J! caliber, but close).

Bonus Round:

I'm mainly including this one to get some laughs, as the winner competes for the \"King's Crown\" with one final question.  Two subjects will be offered, and the contestant picks one from which to answer one final question.  Here's the catch, though:  One category will contain a REALLY hard question (i.e. Name the 7 former Soviet republics) while the other will contain a question nearly impossible to miss (i.e. What state is directly south of North Dakota?).  Answering the question right wins the \"King's Crown;\" answering it wrong wins the \"Dunce Cap,\" which the lucky contestant will wear proudly (or not!) into the closing credits.

The main game will be the basis for assessing winners:  I was thinking of having an elimination tournament extending over a year with the top winner receiving $1,000 in tuition money.  Either that, or have three new players each day (I'd like this to be a weekly show) with the winners receiving $50 in cash.  Not much to a traditional game show fan, but PLENTY to a college student!

Maybe we can have some college clothes and souvenirs for losers?

I don't know; what do you think?

Anthony
« Last Edit: July 13, 2003, 06:50:51 PM by beatlefreak84 »
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

Brandon Brooks

Yet another proposal
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2003, 08:05:57 PM »
Well, it's alright... but it's just not really exciting.  It's a striaght quizzer, but it's a little too straight (no pun intended).  I don't know how you would \"jazz it up,\" but it's seems too dry.

Brandon Brooks

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Yet another proposal
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2003, 10:29:46 PM »
It's Yet Another College Bowl. Nothing really to distunguish it. The Crown or Dunce Cap thing would work for a panel show format, like Whose Line Is It Anyway, but I dunno if you want to be embarrassing regular contestants like that.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe