The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Illinois Instant Riches

(1/3) > >>

beatlefreak84:
Hello there,

I'd like to make a page devoted to the great lottery game for my website, and, in order to do that, I would like a list of the games with rules that were on the show \"Instant Riches,\" NOT \"Illinois' Luckiest.\"  Any help would be appreciated!

Here are the ones I know already how to play:

Force Field
Home Run/Touchdown
Double Dollars
Knockout (first incarnation)

Here are the other ones I know about but can't recall how they worked:

Mismatch
Knockout (second incarnation)
Thunderball
Pot of Gold

I think there was maybe one or two that I'm missing in either of the two lists; can anybody do me the service of filling in these blanks!

Many thanks in advance,

Anthony

Brandon Brooks:
[quote name=\'beatlefreak84\' date=\'Jul 12 2003, 07:57 PM\'] Pot of Gold [/quote]
Pot Of Gold; this is what I can remember.

You have the champion at a podium stage left at the end of the road to the pot.  On stage right lies Mark and the high winning contestant du jour.  The road looked like this

(1)    (2)    (3)    (4)    (5)    ($10K)    ($25K)    (Big Bucks)

... or something similar to Big Bucks.

The champion would  bobby trap one of the three spaces in front of the challenger.  The challenger would pick a spot to advance to.  

- If it was booby trapped, s/he would go back to  the place where they were before.  
- If it wasn't bobby trapped, s/he was safe and advanced again.  
- If the challenger got bobby trapped twice while playing, s/he was done, and the champion won I think $20K.  
- If the challenger chose $10 or $25K and was not trapped, they won that and displaced the champion.
- If the challenger chose Big Bucks and was not trapped, s/he was the champion and was presented with a tray of oversized coins (I think there were six or eight of them).  S/he picked one and Mark would pull the slip out inside of it to show what the new champion won (up to $250K).

That's what I remember.

Brandon Brooks

Michael Brandenburg:
For the record, I preferred that show to Ohio's Cash Explosion Double Play show and would watch it when I was at my mother's for the weekend when it was on Saturday nights on the WGN cable channel.  However, I don't remember games on that show called \"Mismatch\" or \"Thunderball.\"

I'm a little vauge on the second \"Knockout\" game, but this was sort of how it worked: Two vertical sticks were set up in a playing area and a \"bouncing cube\" was turned loose in the area for 10 seconds.  If both sticks remained standing after the 10 seconds, the player's initial $3,000 bankroll was doubled to $6,000; otherwise it remained at $3,000.  Then the game was played again with three sticks and the player's bankroll was tripled if all three sticks remained standing after 10 seconds of being attacked by the \"cube.\"

At this point, the player could elect to stop the game with his/her winnings to that point or play one more time with four upright sticks in the playing area.  If the player chose to play and all four sticks remained upright after another \"cube attack,\" the player's bankroll was quadrupled; otherwise it was cut in half.

\"Pot of Gold\" was the end game, played by the top winner for the show against the returning champion from the preceding week.  Eight \"pots\" were on stage, with the first five from the left numbered from 1 to 5, and the last three bearing (from left to right) cash amounts of $10,000, $25,000, and \"Big Money.\"  To play, the challenger started from the left of Pot #1 and took 1, 2, or 3 steps toward the right of the stage -- but before making his/her move, the champion would \"booby trap\" one of the challenger's possible selections.  If the challenger chose a \"booby trapped\" pot, he/she would have to return to his/her previous position to try again, and if he/she landed on a \"booby trapped\" pot again, he/she lost the game and the champion would win an additional $25,000 and return to the following week's show to meet a new challenger.

However, if the challenger managed to land safely on any one of the three \"money pots\" on the right end of the board, he/she became the new champion and won the amount in that money pot -- either $10,000, $25,000, or \"Big Money,\" which was selected from a tray of 9 coins that had concealed values inside ranging from $50,000 to $200,000.  (Note that the only way to reach that last \"money pot\" was to first get to Pot #5 safely and then take three more steps to the \"Big Money\" pot at the end, which made for some interesting strategy on the part of the players.)

There was also a game called \"Fast Break,\" which was \"Home Run/Touchdown\" with a basketball theme, one called \"Vortex\" that was played with balls that were rolled into an inverted cone, and one called \"Wrecking Ball\" in which a ball on a pendulum was swung across a rotating turntable having 12 \"buildings\" on it, at least three of which had to be standing at the end of the game for the player to win the game's top prize.   However, I have to go to bed right now, so we'll let someone else fill in the details on those games.

Michael Brandenburg
   (Oh, yes, \"Illinois Luckiest\" had that crazy pinball machine -- but you won't believe what I discovered earlier today about that \"Card Sharks\" pinball machine I'd poked so much fun at for a while!)

Strikerz04:
I absolutely hated the pinball machine (for both the endgame and the contestant selection) because it was the worst way to determine who would play the next game. I liked the other version with the lights (this was about 1997 what I am describing). After they brought the pinball game in, I kinda just gave it up on the show.

cyberjoek:
The Pot Of Gold endgame was played for a while with everyone who was there to play that night.  All players selected slots 1, 2, or 3 to start the game after the Champion (top winner for the night) had picked two slots to boobie trap, everyone who was left was to pick one of the next three slots after the Champion had boobie traped two of them, repeat untill someone lands on a money step or all players are eliminated.  If all the players are eliminated then the champ gets to pick one of the big money tabs to win upto $300k

Thunderball was a version of Vortex played for a short while, it added a \"thunderball\" into the mix, if it landed in the center the contestant won a mystery prize, in exchange for this risk the player had to have one extra black ball (no one ever won the prize, most beleve it would be some instant tickets)
-Joe Kavanagh

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version