Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lingo  (Read 10719 times)

inturnaround

Lingo
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2004, 10:24:01 PM »
Game Shows are filled with people whose main purpose is to look good in front of the camera. I have no problem with this.

Has she added to my enjoyment of the show? Yes, yes she has.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

HairMetalLives

Lingo
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2004, 10:25:20 PM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Jul 9 2004, 07:24 PM\']Game Shows are filled with people whose main purpose is to look good in front of the camera. I have no problem with this.

Has she added to my enjoyment of the show? Yes, yes she has.[/quote]
[mimicking Brandon Brooks]Then you're just as rediculous as I am.[/mimicking Brandon Brooks]

Brandon Brooks, as I'm not calling every female in the world a "bimbo," just Stacy. How does she seem together in the head, mind you? She's just a blonde figure head trying to attract young viewers. And as a young viewer, I was not impressed. She adds nothing to the game. On camera, she appears to have the inteligence of a baked potato. She might be sharp as a tack off stage when not playing a "bimbo" on TV, I don't know. Would I be suprised? No, actually, I wouldn't. She might be TOLD to act like she does.

By the way, Smart Guy: HOW THE HELL AM I "REDICULOUS" FOR TELLING IT LIKE IT IS?!

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Lingo
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2004, 10:35:00 PM »
[quote name=\'HairMetalLives\' date=\'Jul 10 2004, 09:25 PM\'] By the way, Smart Guy: HOW THE HELL AM I "REDICULOUS" FOR TELLING IT LIKE IT IS?! [/quote]
 Ahh..the ignorance of youth!
Do you even know what a bimbo is?

From dictionary.com:
Slang. A woman regarded as vacuous or as having an exaggerated interest in her sexual appeal.

Tell me on screen, what makes her a bimbo?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

HairMetalLives

Lingo
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2004, 10:42:31 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Jul 10 2004, 07:35 PM\'] [quote name=\'HairMetalLives\' date=\'Jul 10 2004, 09:25 PM\'] By the way, Smart Guy: HOW THE HELL AM I "REDICULOUS" FOR TELLING IT LIKE IT IS?! [/quote]

From dictionary.com:
Slang. A woman regarded as vacuous or as having an exaggerated interest in her sexual appeal.

Tell me on screen, what makes her a bimbo? [/quote]
 You noticed her wardrobe? Kinda hard to miss, what's there anyway! And yes, I knew what a bimbo is; maybe I made a poor choice of words. Let's try "air head," "ditz." Happy, smart guy?! Ahh, yes. The ignorance of youth. Stuff it! I'd elaborate, but I'd get kicked off the board.

Brandon Brooks

Lingo
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2004, 10:48:28 PM »
[quote name=\'HairMetalLives\' date=\'Jul 10 2004, 09:25 PM\'] By the way, Smart Guy: HOW THE HELL AM I "REDICULOUS" FOR TELLING IT LIKE IT IS?! [/quote]
 So you've concluded that she's an empty-headed tramp because she has a job on Lingo, because that's what a bimbo is.  If you do, then you're a judgmental, thick-headed person.  Besides, who are you to put someone's job down when you are seeking one yourself?

You know, Mark (do you mind if I call you Mark?), I don't think it's youth.  I'm only three years older than he is.  I think it is just verbal diarrhea.

Brandon Brooks

HairMetalLives

Lingo
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2004, 10:52:48 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Jul 10 2004, 07:48 PM\'] ...you're a judgmental, thick-headed person... [/quote]
 Look in the mirror, pal.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Lingo
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2004, 10:53:48 PM »
[quote name=\'HairMetalLives\' date=\'Jul 10 2004, 09:42 PM\'] [quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Jul 10 2004, 07:35 PM\'] [quote name=\'HairMetalLives\' date=\'Jul 10 2004, 09:25 PM\'] By the way, Smart Guy: HOW THE HELL AM I "REDICULOUS" FOR TELLING IT LIKE IT IS?! [/quote]

From dictionary.com:

Tell me on screen, what makes her a bimbo? [/quote]
You noticed her wardrobe? Kinda hard to miss, what's there anyway! And yes, I knew what a bimbo is; maybe I made a poor choice of words. Let's try "air head," "ditz." Happy, smart guy?! Ahh, yes. The ignorance of youth. Stuff it! I'd elaborate, but I'd get kicked off the board. [/quote]
I may be wrong, but I seem to recall that Stacy's wardrobe is provided by either a retailer or a fashion designer.  In that case, she would wear what she's told.

BTW; your sarcasm in calling us "smart guy", is not appreciated by the senior members of this group.   Ah, for those killfiles....does Invision take donations?

Look in the mirror, pal.
For being 18; you sure don't act it.  And you wonder why your employment file is empty.
DSmith, your math skills are awful.
So I looked at your year wrong. Big deal. You still act like a spoiled brat.  And for the last time, "Dsmith" is not my name. For you, its Don.  I don't call you "HairMetalLives".  BTW, you are not one that needs to be telling the mods to "lock or delete" the thread, IMHO.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2004, 11:00:59 PM by Dsmith »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

HairMetalLives

Lingo
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2004, 10:55:25 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Jul 10 2004, 07:48 PM\'] Besides, who are you to put someone's job down when you are seeking one yourself? [/quote]
 That is a good point. But my opinion remains the same.

HairMetalLives

Lingo
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2004, 10:58:10 PM »
This entire thread (including my posts) is rediculous! My original question has been answered and this had turned into nothing but a war of words. Lock this, delete this, do whatever you have to do.

DSmith, your math skills are awful.

P.S.: I've got a quick temper, which is now apparent. Now that I've had a chance to cool off, I see my immaturity. As I said, this is all rediculous. Lock it.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2004, 11:01:04 PM by HairMetalLives »

Frank15

Lingo
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2004, 10:59:49 PM »
Stacey adds nothing of real value to the show.  However, she also takes nothing away from the show.

Personally, I don't see what's so bad about her.  At best, she's eye candy.  At worst, she's "just there."  But I don't see a reason why many people get into a fit, considering again, she's simply there, not really doing anything, taking nothing away from the already-existing game.

adamjk

Lingo
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2004, 11:25:20 PM »
She makes the game run faster, since she can look up questionable words quickly, and determine whether or not they are real words. It took longer to do this before she got here.

dzinkin

Lingo
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2004, 11:33:11 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jul 10 2004, 11:25 PM\'] She makes the game run faster, since she can look up questionable words quickly, and determine whether or not they are real words. It took longer to do this before she got here. [/quote]
What part of that function couldn't be done -- and, in past seasons, wasn't done -- by an off-camera staffer just as quickly?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2004, 11:33:33 PM by dzinkin »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Lingo
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2004, 11:35:34 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jul 10 2004, 08:25 PM\'] She makes the game run faster, since she can look up questionable words quickly, and determine whether or not they are real words. It took longer to do this before she got here. [/quote]
 You honestly think she's sitting there typing five-letter words into M-W.com to see if they're legit? You REALLY think that? Are you THAT dense?

Even if she WAS actually the acting judge (and she's not), let's say, for example, that she was 5'2" and 250 pounds. Do you think she'd be on camera doing that job then? Hell no, she would not be. She'd be every bit as competent TO do the job, but she would be stuck off in the wings.

She's there for one reason and one reason only: to be a hot piece of ass. She has NO other reason to be in an on-camera position. Now, there is nothing wrong with that in and of itself, if she chooses to be a hot piece of ass for a living, well, go with your strengths, I say. But DO NOT try to make her into something that she simply is not.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tvwxman

Lingo
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2004, 06:46:27 AM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jul 10 2004, 10:25 PM\'] She makes the game run faster, since she can look up questionable words quickly, and determine whether or not they are real words. It took longer to do this before she got here. [/quote]
 Bwa-haha-haha-haha-hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

4 Words, Adam : to quote CLemon, who is dead on correct....

Hot Piece of Ass.

If there were talents to display other than above, I would have been hired to be Chucks Assistant.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

ssjason

Lingo
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2004, 08:22:37 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Jul 11 2004, 05:46 AM\']If there were talents to display other than above, I would have been hired to be Chucks Assistant.[/quote]

*pictures Matt in Stacey's place on Lingo*

And the only mental picture I can get is the end-of-show shot... (eek.)

Chris' point is proven. :)