Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lingo  (Read 10720 times)

HairMetalLives

Lingo
« on: July 09, 2004, 03:52:16 PM »
How many seasons did "Lingo" shoot with that bimbo? I forget her name, but were they finished after that season or did they shoot more?

adamjk

Lingo
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2004, 03:55:37 PM »
Only one season has been shot with her so far. No one knows if it will return for another year. She is not a bimbo BTW.

urbanpreppie05

Lingo
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2004, 05:22:52 PM »
And, In spite of why she was added, she does serve a purpose.
insert signature here

sshuffield70

Lingo
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2004, 05:27:31 PM »
[quote name=\'HairMetalLives\' date=\'Jul 9 2004, 02:52 PM\'] How many seasons did "Lingo" shoot with that bimbo? I forget her name, but were they finished after that season or did they shoot more? [/quote]
 Does Dusty Martell qualify as a bimbo?  No.  And neither does Stacey Hayes.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Lingo
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2004, 05:55:33 PM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Jul 9 2004, 02:22 PM\'] And, In spite of why she was added, she does serve a purpose. [/quote]
 Other than "to attract the male 18-34 demographic"?

Crapola. Name one thing she does on camera that couldn't be done in the wings.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

aaron sica

Lingo
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2004, 06:26:27 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 9 2004, 05:55 PM\'] [quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Jul 9 2004, 02:22 PM\'] And, In spite of why she was added, she does serve a purpose. [/quote]

Crapola. Name one thing she does on camera that couldn't be done in the wings. [/quote]
 Chris is right...

Although I wouldn't necessarily call her a "bimbo", she serves no purpose except to be eye candy.

HairMetalLives

Lingo
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2004, 07:43:10 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 9 2004, 02:55 PM\'] [quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Jul 9 2004, 02:22 PM\'] And, In spite of why she was added, she does serve a purpose. [/quote]

Crapola. Name one thing she does on camera that couldn't be done in the wings. [/quote]
 I've always thought that she does NOT infact act as the judge, but is getting those kinds of things on her little screen there. Is this true? By the way. Who's Dusty Martell?

PeterMarshallFan

Lingo
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2004, 07:43:25 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 9 2004, 05:55 PM\'] [quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Jul 9 2004, 02:22 PM\'] And, In spite of why she was added, she does serve a purpose. [/quote]

I think it's done in the wings anyway....she often glances offstage when the camera's on her. Seems to me like she's looking for a cue card or something.

Does Dusty Martell qualify as a bimbo? No. And neither does Stacey Hayes.

Dusty Martell was there because of a rule that game shows filmed in Canada had to have at least one Canadian in an on-air role. Another show affected by this rule was the New Chain Reaction, which showed announcer Rod Chalabois on air each show---Chalabois wasn't seen when Blake Emmons hosted because Emmons filled the Canadian quota. It's been brought up here before.

I'm sorry, but Stacey just comes off as a goof trying to sound intelligent. Let's see her do one show without Phil Gurin or whoever is offstage holding her hand and then see how good it is.

I've always thought that she does NOT infact act as the judge, but is getting those kinds of things on her little screen there. Is this true? By the way. Who's Dusty Martell?

Dusty Martell was the model on the original Lingo who served as much purpose as Stacey does now.

I doubt that screen does anything. Like I said above, she often looks offstage for help when called on for a ruling. It would be much more efficient [not to mention smoother looking on camera] to show her the answer on the screen, but for whatever reason they don't.

There's a screengrab from one episode floating around where she was called on and the camera promptly took a wide shot from behind her and caught her screen with something other than the Lingo logo on it, but I don't quite buy it. I don't remember them using that shot for that particular instance ever again [it was the shot when the board goes up] I know it sounds like a crazy conspiracy theory, but who knows---maybe they put it on the screen to make it look good?

It's not like she's the only problem with Lingo now anyway. The new set looks like someone just took a bunch of neon circles and randomly threw them around the set. Not to mention that a Millionaire type set just doesn't fit the kind of game Lingo is.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2004, 07:51:49 PM by PeterMarshallFan »

MyCapableAssistant

Lingo
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2004, 08:03:21 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 9 2004, 03:55 PM\'] [quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Jul 9 2004, 02:22 PM\'] And, In spite of why she was added, she does serve a purpose. [/quote]

I think she is a "b-i-m-b-o, " or more to the point,
a "b-i-m-b- ette". However bimbo is the word of choice -
it's five letters.

She DOES serve one purpose. At the end of the shows,
Chuck grabs onto her hips like a life preserver.

I think she is annoying.

adamjk

Lingo
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2004, 08:23:16 PM »
There's a reason for that. In Stacey's own words from the GSN Boards:

Hello,
The reason Chuck and I stand so close with our arms around each other at the end of every show is because it is a very tight camera shot and also chuck's arm has to cover my mic battery packs from cameras view. There is so much more to shooting a T.V. show than people realize. I do understand how it is easy for people to misinterpret.
Thank you for your support!
Stacey

There you go, from the horse's mouth.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2004, 08:24:01 PM by adamjk »

aaron sica

Lingo
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2004, 08:36:44 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jul 9 2004, 08:23 PM\'] There's a reason for that. In Stacey's own words from the GSN Boards:

Hello,
The reason Chuck and I stand so close with our arms around each other at the end of every show is because it is a very tight camera shot and also chuck's arm has to cover my mic battery packs from cameras view. There is so much more to shooting a T.V. show than people realize. I do understand how it is easy for people to misinterpret.
Thank you for your support!
Stacey

There you go, from the horse's mouth. [/quote]
 All this talk about people being turned off by Stacey has reminded me of something..

Anyone see this week's TV Guide w/ Will Farrell on the cover? Ick!

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Lingo
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2004, 09:28:56 PM »
[quote name=\'MyCapableAssistant\' date=\'Jul 9 2004, 07:03 PM\'] I think she is a "b-i-m-b-o, " or more to the point,
it's five letters.
 [/quote]
 Would you show some f'ing respect for the female gender?  No one is going around calling you choice names for a male; despite your ignorance.

Do you have a link to this thread?  I'm hesistant to believe she actually posted.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

MyCapableAssistant

Lingo
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2004, 09:35:10 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Jul 9 2004, 07:28 PM\'] [quote name=\'MyCapableAssistant\' date=\'Jul 9 2004, 07:03 PM\'] I think she is a "b-i-m-b-o, " or more to the point,
it's five letters.
 [/quote]
Would you show some f'ing respect for the female gender?  No one is going around calling you choice names for a male; despite your ignorance.

Do you have a link to this thread?  I'm hesistant to believe she actually posted. [/quote]
If you read the thread, I was only agreeing with the word
that OTHERS have started.. and by the way, I certainly hope
nobody is calling me some choice name for a MALE!   -p !!!!!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2004, 09:39:00 PM by MyCapableAssistant »

PeterMarshallFan

Lingo
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2004, 09:36:11 PM »
http://www.gsn.com/buzz/showthread.php?s=&...15&pagenumber=2

Guide Angel says it's her......take it as you will.

Brandon Brooks

Lingo
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2004, 09:40:09 PM »
[quote name=\'MyCapableAssistant\' date=\'Jul 9 2004, 08:35 PM\'] If you read the thread, I was only agreeing with the word
that OTHERS have started.. and by the way, I certainly hope
nobody is calling me some choice name for a MALE! [/quote]
 Then you are just as ridiculous as HairMetalLives is.  She seems prettty together in the head; she's working and getting paid for it.

Brandon Brooks