Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Should GSN Get Back To All Game Shows?  (Read 5668 times)

JacksonBrowne1980

• I Played With The Toys At My Schools
Should GSN Get Back To All Game Shows?
« on: July 09, 2004, 12:13:20 PM »
i think they should; GSN is sinking really fast.  GSN is meant for game shows.
Erik "Taz" Mokracek

"Well, I Guess You Have To Be 35 Before Anyone Around Here Listens To You" - Alex Pruitt From "Home Alone 3"

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2004, 12:19:20 PM »
[quote name=\'JacksonBrowne1980\' date=\'Jul 9 2004, 11:13 AM\'] i think they should; GSN is sinking really fast.  GSN is meant for game shows. [/quote]
 WE'd all like to see them show more game shows than non-game show programming, but it wouldn't be a good move for them demographically, as we've said before.

ITSBRY

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2004, 12:22:17 PM »
[quote name=\'JacksonBrowne1980\' date=\'Jul 9 2004, 11:13 AM\'] i think they should; GSN is sinking really fast.  GSN is meant for game shows. [/quote]
 For us, it might be (I've almost completely stopped watching) but from what I've read here, they're doing better than they ever have so the new strategy must be working for them.

I just wish they'd throw us a few more bones in daytime.  Other than WOF, J!, FF and MG, the classics are pretty much gone from the weekdays.

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2004, 12:38:51 PM »
Better compared to the abysmal May 2003?  Yes.
Better compared to previous months of ratings? Not quite.

Ratings month to month have stayed flat after the changeover (after 5 straight months of increases before it).  

They're not doing horribly, but they were making much better ratings progress beforehand.

I'd just like to see the June numbers

melman1

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2004, 01:33:16 PM »
[quote name=\'JacksonBrowne1980\' date=\'Jul 9 2004, 09:13 AM\'] GSN is sinking really fast. [/quote]
 Your proof?
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.

JayC

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2004, 01:59:49 PM »
GSN IS all game shows basically.  They just added a few reality shows to get more people to watch.

HairMetalLives

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2004, 03:48:08 PM »
[quote name=\'JayC\' date=\'Jul 9 2004, 10:59 AM\'] GSN IS all game shows basically.  They just added a few reality shows to get more people to watch. [/quote]
 So it's NOT all game shows.

inturnaround

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2004, 04:20:45 PM »
[quote name=\'HairMetalLives\' date=\'Jul 9 2004, 03:48 PM\'][quote name=\'JayC\' date=\'Jul 9 2004, 10:59 AM\'] GSN IS all game shows basically.  They just added a few reality shows to get more people to watch. [/quote]
So it's NOT all game shows.[/quote]
The word "basically" covers a multitude of sins.

But seriously, I don't know what the OP had in mind here. Everyone on the game show board likes to watch game shows, that's why we're here. Sure, we'd like to see GSN acquire and air more shows. I'm not certain if he expected an actual debate on the topic.

Yes, we'd all LIKE to see it happen, but it won't.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

Card Shark

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2004, 04:55:57 PM »
[quote name=\'JacksonBrowne1980\' date=\'Jul 9 2004, 12:13 PM\'] i think they should; GSN is sinking really fast.  GSN is meant for game shows. [/quote]
 Now that I'm on summer break and have been taking care of my infant 3 month old daughter, I have been re-acquainted with this channel during her nap times. I must say, I don't care for the direction they have gone. I can't wait to see what new stupid-ass show they come up with for prime time. It's just missing a show involving a pissing contest. I miss the summer blocks of various classic programs each day of the week. But, that's just my personal opinion. I realize that the pathetic programs that are on at night is the "in" thing in television programming and is what rakes in ratings, whereas reruns of a 1970's game show that only 40 people will watch is not profitable.
Adam Strom

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2004, 05:14:17 PM »
No, they should show Dragontales with Emmy and Max.
insert signature here

Red

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2004, 09:05:33 PM »
You're asking this to people who love classic game shows....so you'll get the same answer from everyone
-Paul Ford

RedGiant@toonzone.net

whampyl03

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2004, 10:32:44 PM »
i think they should; GSN is sinking really fast. GSN is meant for game shows.

I think it's loud and clear, as much as it hurts me to say it, considering the current direction that the network is traveling...

IT'S NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!

Currently, GSN is receiving more nationwide recognition now then they probably ever have, and it's all thanks to the craptasitc new programming they're bringing in.  For every one of us who dislikes the current GSN direction, it seems like there is another 100 others that actually enjoy the stuff.  I'm only more convinced that GSN will only walk further down this path, and, unfortunately, not revert back to the good-ol' days; I would love it if GSN would revert, but right now, the travel down the old road would equal the slicing of GSN's own wrists.

As much as I strongly dislike Cronin & friends for turning the network towards it's current direction, I must admit that he took a risk, and currently, it's paying off.

AH3RD

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2004, 01:46:16 PM »
[quote name=\'JacksonBrowne1980\' date=\'Jul 9 2004, 11:13 AM\'] I think they should; GSN is sinking really fast.  GSN is meant for game shows. [/quote]
Yes! Definitely!!

"Gimme Games!"? Nah. Keep your bleedin' "games"; if I want games, I'll tune in to ESPN. Game shows are more our bag.

Changing Game Show Network's image and format was a tragic mistake. They should create a separate channel for reality show retreads. I wouldn't mind a spate of "Best Of" compilation repeats for Inquizition, As Seen On... Throut And Neck and Burt Luddin's Love Buffet. Or even Extreme Gong!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2004, 01:48:00 PM by AH3RD »
Aaron Handy III - ah07_1999@yahoo.com

The ABC Password Page

The Aaron Handy III TV Web Shrine

jalman

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2004, 10:37:57 PM »
[quote name=\'AH3RD\' date=\'Jul 10 2004, 12:46 PM\'] Changing Game Show Network's image and format was a tragic mistake. They should create a separate channel for reality show retreads. I wouldn't mind a spate of "Best Of" compilation repeats for Inquizition, As Seen On... Throut And Neck and Burt Luddin's Love Buffet. Or even Extreme Gong! [/quote]
That wouldn't be very interesting or feasible.  I mean, wouldn't a Best-Of "As Seen On" become a Best-Of "Best-Of" GSN w/skits?

I'd probably only watch the um...ahem, "cliffhangers" of Throut and Buffet just to laugh at it.

A best-of comp of Inquizition should only be composed of the best barbs spewed from the Inquizitor.  Otherwise, who really wants the "best" moments of a slow-paced elimination quizzer?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2004, 10:39:29 PM by jalman »

JacksonBrowne1980

• I Played With The Toys At My Schools
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2004, 12:05:52 PM »
GSN has too much reality; they need to get rid of the following

Extreme Dodgeball
Star Search
Celebrity Blackjack
Dog Eat Dog
Erik "Taz" Mokracek

"Well, I Guess You Have To Be 35 Before Anyone Around Here Listens To You" - Alex Pruitt From "Home Alone 3"