Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: $100K Pyramid presentation screenshot  (Read 7600 times)

Casey Buck

$100K Pyramid presentation screenshot
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2004, 05:18:04 PM »
[quote name=\'ITSBRY\' date=\'Jul 9 2004, 02:12 PM\'] [quote name=\'Casey Buck\' date=\'Jul 9 2004, 03:59 PM\'] There's some more drawings at this Yahoo group:

http://photos.yahoo.com/yankeedog792000 [/quote]
These put mine to shame...great stuff.  Thanks for posting them.

What did you use to create them?

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com [/quote]
I didn't make those, TPIRKid79 did. Many of those pictures were the same from the link that sshuffield70 posted.

EDIT: On second thought, check out this link:

http://naz03productions.tripod.com/samples.htm

tnpir4000 from golden-road.net has created some EXCELLENT 3-D images of various stuff (some of which are GS-related).
« Last Edit: July 09, 2004, 05:26:00 PM by Casey Buck »

mb425

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2004, 09:41:02 PM »
Wow. Those are awsome 3-D pictures! I always wondered how CJ did those cool Family Feud set graphics. I also like the Pyramid Concept design form itsbry.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2004, 10:03:50 PM »
Wow.  All of you, wow.
czambo@mac.com

Casey Buck

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2004, 01:18:22 PM »
Todd now has the main-game board up on the site; as usual, it looks great!

BrandonFG

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2004, 02:32:13 PM »
[quote name=\'Casey Buck\' date=\'Jul 9 2004, 04:18 PM\'] I didn't make those, TPIRKid79 did. Many of those pictures were the same from the link that sshuffield70 posted.

EDIT: On second thought, check out this link:

http://naz03productions.tripod.com/samples.htm

tnpir4000 from golden-road.net has created some EXCELLENT 3-D images of various stuff (some of which are GS-related). [/quote]
 The Feud sets are a masterpiece. So are the TPiR sets.

Chris, I do remember playing the Feud game last year, and loved the graphics, and how close it was to the original. If I can ever get a Feud game going on campus, I know where to go. Hell, they do Family Feud in our student union all the time. I might have to pass the word. :-)

Itsbry, your site wasn't the one I was thinking of, but your creations are awesome as well. I loved the Pyramid and High Rollers concepts.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Casey Buck

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2004, 01:39:13 AM »
Todd sure has been busy working on the graphics, because he now has a screenshot of the maingame desk on the screenshots site.

Particleman

« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2004, 08:10:04 AM »
[quote name=\'Casey Buck\' date=\'Jul 16 2004, 12:39 AM\'] Todd sure has been busy working on the graphics, because he now has a screenshot of the maingame desk on the screenshots site. [/quote]
 That desk shot only took about 4 hours to do.  The better I've got with Photoshop, the quicker I can crank these pictures out.  Let's hope that same luck holds with Flash when I start putting everything together!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2004, 12:13:12 PM »
[quote name=\'Particleman\' date=\'Jul 16 2004, 05:10 AM\'] That desk shot only took about 4 hours to do.  The better I've got with Photoshop, the quicker I can crank these pictures out.  Let's hope that same luck holds with Flash when I start putting everything together! [/quote]
 Ya know, I'd tell you not to sacrafice quality for speed, but damn does this stuff look good.
The one thing I would like to see, though, is a way to integrate the scorepanels into the shot of the front-game pyramid, so players had all of the information on one screen. Like a toggle that would insert them in the corners with small diagonal wipes.
Even at that, I'm drooling here.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Particleman

« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2004, 04:00:50 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 16 2004, 11:13 AM\'] Ya know, I'd tell you not to sacrafice quality for speed, but damn does this stuff look good.
The one thing I would like to see, though, is a way to integrate the scorepanels into the shot of the front-game pyramid, so players had all of the information on one screen. Like a toggle that would insert them in the corners with small diagonal wipes.
Even at that, I'm drooling here. [/quote]
 I hate to ask but I don't think I'm following you here.  Do you mean you'd like to see the game board visible when the players are sitting at the desk giving the clues?  If so, why?  If not, could you break it down for me?  If ignorance is bliss, I'm a bottle of joy.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2004, 04:08:50 PM »
I think what he means is that when the screen is on the game board, you have the scores of both teams superimposed in the corners.

bwood

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2004, 04:12:02 PM »
Great work Todd! When this game is finished, I'll have to buy a box of Depends before I play it!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2004, 04:14:11 PM by bwood »

clemon79

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2004, 06:59:08 PM »
[quote name=\'Particleman\' date=\'Jul 16 2004, 01:00 PM\']I hate to ask but I don't think I'm following you here.  Do you mean you'd like to see the game board visible when the players are sitting at the desk giving the clues?  If so, why?  If not, could you break it down for me?  If ignorance is bliss, I'm a bottle of joy.[/quote]
Please don't hate to ask! This is exactly the kind of design input I would love to be a part of!

Who's got the right idea. (Hell will freeze over presently. ;)) Consider the top left and top right corners of the screen when you're looking at the shot of the category board. Kinda dead space, right? It would be useful, either full-time or on a toggle of some kind, to be able to display both score readouts in those corners. The below is a piss-poor representation of what I'm thinking of, just extrapolate it for both sides of the screen:
------------------------------------
|  ---     /                                
| / 12\  /                                  
| -----/                                  
|    /                                  
|  /
|/
|
|
|
Hmm. Still piss-poor, but I think it gets the point across. Except you would fill that triangular wedge with what would look like a camera shot just of that team's "score wedge" on top of their desk. Make sense?

Particleman

« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2004, 11:17:53 AM »
Ah, I see what you're getting at!  The only problem I see with doing this is people might get confused with which side the scores are for.  It would confuse me, at least.  It might be better to give the game operator the ability to display a camera shot of both player tables by means of a key press.  And as a rule of thumb, I like to keep the visuals close to what you'd see if you're watching the show on your TV set.

It's a good idea though.  If there'd be a way to do something like what you're talking about that wouldn't be confusing, I'd like to add it as an option.

clemon79

« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2004, 02:54:31 PM »
[quote name=\'Particleman\' date=\'Jul 17 2004, 08:17 AM\'] Ah, I see what you're getting at!  The only problem I see with doing this is people might get confused with which side the scores are for. [/quote]
 I don't agree. At least, no more confusing than the table shot you allude to. Left score on the left, right on the right.
And as a rule of thumb, I like to keep the visuals close to what you'd see if you're watching the show on your TV set.
I understand that, but I think in this case it would add a great deal of playability to the game. Remember, it _looks_ TV-real, and that's great, but it's _not_ a TV show, and if you can leverage that fact to make the gameplay better, you ought to, IMO. And that's why you toggle it...if someone doesn't want it, they wouldn't need to use it.
It's a good idea though.  If there'd be a way to do something like what you're talking about that wouldn't be confusing, I'd like to add it as an option.
Well, give it some thought, maybe you will come up with something you like better. I'm just tossing the concept out there :)