Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: $100K Pyramid presentation screenshot  (Read 7599 times)

Casey Buck

$100K Pyramid presentation screenshot
« on: July 08, 2004, 08:21:54 PM »
So far, Todd has only created the wide-angle shot, but so far, it looks incredible!

http://www.katymae.com/screenshots.html

Kevin Prather

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2004, 08:45:02 PM »
Wow! It's even better than the show!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2004, 12:24:30 AM by whoserman »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2004, 09:07:21 PM »
The man's a damn wizard. The little things like the font can be fixed later...right now, excuse me while I drool... :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

ITSBRY

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2004, 11:31:40 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 8 2004, 08:07 PM\']The man's a damn wizard. The little things like the font can be fixed later...right now, excuse me while I drool... :)[/quote]
Drool away Chris...this most definately looks drool-worthy! :-)  WOW.

Can't wait to see the finished product.  Keep up the great work Todd...you da man!!

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2004, 11:50:02 PM »
[quote name=\'Casey Buck\' date=\'Jul 8 2004, 07:21 PM\'] So far, Todd has only created the wide-angle shot, but so far, it looks incredible!

http://www.katymae.com/screenshots.html [/quote]
 Holy Jesus.

Brandon Brooks

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2004, 11:58:19 PM »
Whoserman said:
Wow! It's not totally accurate, but I think it's even better than the show!

You know what?  I don't CARE.  I can deal with the $100,000 being a different font, or the music being a bit off.  If the game is half as good as the screenshot looks, I will queue up to get it just like everyone else.  Feel free to make an error-free program, if you don't like it.

-Travis
Travis L. Eberle

Kevin Prather

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2004, 12:08:24 AM »
Um, read my post again. I said the differences make it BETTER than the show. I was not nit-picking about anything, and I don't appreciate being slammed for no reason.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2004, 12:09:51 AM by whoserman »

clemon79

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2004, 12:16:16 AM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jul 8 2004, 09:08 PM\'] Um, read my post again. I said the differences make it BETTER than the show. I was not nit-picking about anything, and I don't appreciate being slammed for no reason. [/quote]
 You might not have meant to, but when you phrase your comment the way you did: "it's not totally accurate, but", it comes off sounding like so much tactless whining.

At a minimum you are guilty of choosing your words poorly.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2004, 12:23:23 AM »
Ok, possibly my phrasing wasn't as good as it could've been. I've edited my post accordingly.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2004, 12:45:29 AM »
And now people are going to think I'm some kind of ogre that picks on people for no reason.  Not true.  I am indeed tired of the tactless whining wherein people bitch that the colors are wrong, the music change is in the wrong place, yet they still download the program.

Frankly, I do like the font better than the one used on the program.  That I agree with.

-Travis
Travis L. Eberle

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2004, 02:26:34 AM »
I am indeed tired of the tactless whining wherein people bitch that the colors are wrong, the music change is in the wrong place, yet they still download the program

So true. Stuff as minor as "music fades here" kinda grinds on me. Agreeing here with Lemon, this is a very promising tidbit and with polish (just like FF) will be so above and beyond spectacular.

Where suggestions are allowed, IMHO, is where stuff is just plain wrong (SFX, format and the like).

-Jason
« Last Edit: July 09, 2004, 11:07:13 PM by JasonA1 »
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

familyfeudfan

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2004, 02:42:06 AM »
Wow, great job.

clemon79

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2004, 02:45:55 AM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' date=\'Jul 8 2004, 11:26 PM\'] Where this "whining" is allowed is where stuff is just plain wrong, such as SFX and the like.
 [/quote]
 No, it's never allowed. What did you pay for the software? Zippo. The lesson that needs to be learned, I will reiterate for the 47th time, is that there is a great difference between "You screwed up Feature X", and "Hey, great program, but I just thought I'd point something out about Feature X that I think can be better...what do you think?"

One is constructive criticism. The other is simply tactless. Todd knows this, and he knows the difference, but that doesn't make it right.

Pyramid80

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2004, 08:17:03 AM »
I know that the font looks a little off from the Clark version.  But isn't that almost exact to the Davidson version?

*Excellent screenshot to say the least!  I can't wait to see the finished product!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2004, 08:20:57 AM by Pyramid80 »

Particleman

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2004, 08:38:32 AM »
Thanks for all the compliments, everyone.  There's still some work to go: drawing chairs, lights, etc. but I thought you'd like to see at least what I had so far.

I don't want to make an issue out of the "whining" but I need to address it.  Because I try to pay such close attention to detail, it's easy to pick out something that's inconsistant, no matter how small it may be.  Believe me, I'm a game show fan as well and I really do want to know if there's something I can do to make my software better.

Just let me reitterate and sum up what Chris said.  There's tactfulness and tactlessness.  I know some of the tactless remarks aren't meant by the writer to be so critical but those of you who are coming across as "whiners" and don't mean to need to realize that in the business world, comments like that, intentional or not, can get you in a lot of trouble.