Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I Love The '90s on VH1 starting Monday  (Read 2161 times)

johnnya2k3

I Love The '90s on VH1 starting Monday
« on: July 11, 2004, 05:15:16 PM »
In I Love The '70s, they've tackled TPIR, Family Feud, The Newlywed/Dating Games, Let's Make A Deal, Battle of the Network Stars, and The Gong Show.

In I Love the '80s (Strikes Back), it was Wheel of Fortune and Double Dare.

On Monday, VH1 will be looking back at '90s pop culture with "I Love The '90s". But what game shows will they cover this time?

We could be expecting American Gladiators and/or Studs to be mentioned, and I hope they'll get to Millionaire at the 1999 episode.

Of course, there'll be TONS of non-GS stuff on there, like The Simpsons, Seinfeld, O.J. (which spelled the beginning of the end of Richard Dawson's return to The Feud), The Big Showdown...between Tonya and Nancy, COPS, Jerry Springer, South Park, WWE Raw vs. WCW Monday Nitro in the Monday Night Wars, The Real World, Friends, ER, the launches of UPN and WB, Beverly Hills 90210, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Dawson's Creek, Barney and Friends, Teletubbies, The X-Files, Johnny Carson's last Tonight Show, NBC dropping Saturday morning cartoons altogether...boy, they've only got a week, but who knows?

Jonathan Allen

inturnaround

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2004, 05:22:11 PM »
Related to game shows and VH1...seen briefly on this week's episode of "Best Week Ever" is Tanika Ray, best known as the person behind the sprite-ly "Cyber Lucy" on Wheel 2000.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2004, 05:24:18 PM »
I'm hoping they cover "Access Hollywood."

(With Pat O'Brien!)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2004, 05:24:46 PM »
[quote name=\'johnnya2k3\' date=\'Jul 11 2004, 04:15 PM\'] In I Love The '70s, they've tackled TPIR, Family Feud, The Newlywed/Dating Games, Let's Make A Deal, Battle of the Network Stars, and The Gong Show.

In I Love the '80s (Strikes Back), it was Wheel of Fortune and Double Dare.

On Monday, VH1 will be looking back at '90s pop culture with "I Love The '90s". But what game shows will they cover this time?

We could be expecting American Gladiators and/or Studs to be mentioned, and I hope they'll get to Millionaire at the 1999 episode.

Of course, there'll be TONS of non-GS stuff on there, like The Simpsons, Seinfeld, O.J. (which spelled the beginning of the end of Richard Dawson's return to The Feud), The Big Showdown...between Tonya and Nancy, COPS, Jerry Springer, South Park, WWE Raw vs. WCW Monday Nitro in the Monday Night Wars, The Real World, Friends, ER, the launches of UPN and WB, Beverly Hills 90210, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Dawson's Creek, Barney and Friends, Teletubbies, The X-Files, Johnny Carson's last Tonight Show, NBC dropping Saturday morning cartoons altogether...boy, they've only got a week, but who knows? [/quote]
 1996: Access Hollywood debuts. ;-)

j/k

Aside from the non game stuff you mentioned, there's Melrose Place, Ricki Lake, Richard Bey (guilty pleasure there), Family Guy. Eh, the 90s were so-so for me. I'd rather have two prior decades...and I'm not just saying that because game shows went downhill in the 90s. ;-)

ObGameShow: My sig is from Family Guy.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2004, 08:14:32 PM »
There were no new game shows of note in the 90's until "Millionaire."  They really don't need to cover any others.  Maybe "Ice Wars" with Pat O'Brien, which was more of a skating competition than game show.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Mario500

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2004, 10:04:48 PM »
Nickelodeon's "Guts" (Global Guts) and Legends of the Hidden Temple.

On the non-game show side for Video Hit 1's special........ "In Living Color", its follow up "Mad TV", and the so-called Year 2000 Bug.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2004, 10:05:43 PM by Mario500 »

bwood

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2004, 10:35:07 PM »
I wonder if 1998's revival of Hollywood Squares will go in there somewhere?

Don Howard

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2004, 10:44:44 PM »
Oh, The Challengers for sure. And most likely Quiz Kids Challenge featuring a contemporary interview with Jonathan Prince: "Saying 'education is the real challenge' was my idea".