Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Your fave GS host autobiography  (Read 1401 times)

Winkfan

Your fave GS host autobiography
« on: July 06, 2004, 09:20:50 PM »
With It's In the Book, Bob! by Bob Eubanks about to hit bookstores later this year, let's find out which past GS hosts' 'tell-alls' are your faves, and which other LIVING GS hosts would you like to have write one of his own!

My faves are:
Winkin' At Life (Wink Martindale)
Backstage With the ORIGINAL Hollywood Squares (Peter Marshall)
Here We Go Again (Betty White)

As for the other question, I'd LOVE to see Jim Peck do an autobiography of his own!

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Susan Stafford of the Big Board!'

P.S. Among 'Non-GS hosts' autobios, I'd recommend COUSIN BRUCIE! My Life in Rock & Roll Radio by Bruce Morrow. (Too bad IT didn't make it to paperback.....)
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

Chief-O

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2004, 10:42:13 PM »
With how popular he is, and how long he's been working, I am completely surprised Bob Barker hasn't written a book yet [maybe he has, and I don't know it]. As for my favorite, "The Jeopardy! Book" from 1990 is pretty good, then again, it's the only GS-related book in my collection [you may now aim the flamethrowers at me]. It's a pretty interesting look at J! back when it wasn't dumbed-down yet, the dollar values weren't what they are now, and 5 days as champ meant retirement.
.....and it goes like this!!!

adamjk

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2004, 11:20:32 PM »
maybe Bob will when he finally puts down that long microphone for the last time.