Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Speculation on GSN  (Read 4742 times)

adamjk

Speculation on GSN
« on: July 05, 2004, 04:20:02 PM »
Apparently all the originals will be gone at the end of this year, and the classics will return. Here's the source for this information, which is purely speculation in my book:
http://www.gsn.com/buzz/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72254

While I am optimistic that this could be true, I highly doubt it. Unless someone here can confirm that this person is indeed speaking the truth, until it actually happens, I won't my get hopes up. Besides, the network has built up things like this before, and look what happened. (read: the big announcement)

I guess as the saying goes: Draw your own conclusions.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 05:10:55 PM by dzinkin »

aaron sica

Speculation on GSN
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2004, 04:36:34 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jul 5 2004, 04:20 PM\'] Apparently all the originals will be gone at the end of this year, and the classics will return. Here's the source for this information, which is purely speculation in my book:
 [/quote]
 I wouldn't believe it myself, Adam. That poster always says he has things from a "reliable source which he cannot mention" that never come to fruition.

It's a very nice thought, yes, but doubtful.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Speculation on GSN
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2004, 04:59:03 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jul 5 2004, 03:20 PM\'] Apparently all the originals will be gone at the end of this year, and the classics will return. Here's the source for this information, which is purely speculation in my book:

While I am optimistic that this could be true, I highly doubt it. Unless someone here can confirm that this person is indeed speaking the truth, until it actually happens, I won't my get hopes up. Besides, the network has built up things like this before, and look what happened. (read: the big announcement)

I guess as the saying goes: Draw your own conclusions. [/quote]
 100% absolutely false.
The poster in question is one of the biggest twits on GSN's boards; and often posts nonsensical questions such as "What shade of blue is your favorite on the Double Dare set"?

Sorry to dissapoint you, but said poster has zero reliability.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

aaron sica

Speculation on GSN
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2004, 05:04:36 PM »
And also Adam, this is advice, not bashing at all:

Posting things like that, from people who have bad reputations, will only bring down YOUR reputation here.

adamjk

Speculation on GSN
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2004, 05:07:54 PM »
Thanks for the advice, but at least this time around I didn't say it is actually true.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 05:08:13 PM by adamjk »

dzinkin

Speculation on GSN
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2004, 05:08:35 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jul 5 2004, 05:07 PM\'] Thanks for the advice, but at least this time around I didn't say it is actually true. [/quote]
Actually, you did... you called it "news" when it was nothing of the kind.

EDIT: I have edited the subject to reflect that it is not "news" but in fact pure speculation.  You would do well to learn the difference.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 05:11:53 PM by dzinkin »

aaron sica

Speculation on GSN
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2004, 05:55:21 PM »
Apparently GSN thought so highly of this thread that it was deleted (that, or the poster realized what a fool they were and deleted it themselves).

whampyl03

Speculation on GSN
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2004, 01:13:55 AM »
Apparently all the originals will be gone at the end of this year, and the classics will return.

As nice as that would be for the GS community and the classics fans, there is no logical reason whatsoever for GSN phasing out all, or any of there originals for classics.  Maybe phasing the current originals out for more reality shows, but VERY highly unlikely that the originals would be replaced for classics, considering the current direction the GSN ship is pointed towards.

Your source is a complete quack in my book.

aaron sica

Speculation on GSN
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2004, 10:41:43 AM »
[quote name=\'whampyl03\' date=\'Jul 8 2004, 01:13 AM\'] Your source is a complete quack in my book. [/quote]
 Considering one of his threads is asking what a producer does, in poorly worded English, I fully agree.