Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Another reason why I like Carla Gugino...  (Read 1008 times)

uncamark

Another reason why I like Carla Gugino...
« on: July 04, 2004, 03:31:06 PM »
Scroll halfway down this column from Playbill Online and you'll read an interview with Carla Gugino of "Karen Cisco," "Spin City" and "Spy Kids" fame, who's about to open on Broadway as the character based on Marilyn Monroe in Arthur Miller's "After the Fall."

The on topic bit:

Called back to rehearsals, Gugino telephones me a little later, but can't stay on long because she needs to eat dinner. Born in Sarasota, Florida, she had kidney surgery at four, and moved with her mother to Paradise, California. "We lived in a teepee." She worked briefly as a teenage model. "I'm far too short, but I was recruited by Elite Petite. I came to New York at 14, but New York City was far too daunting. I went back to California and stayed with my aunt, [actress] Carol Merrill. She was always incredibly encouraging. In fact, she became my manager for awhile."

----------

Well, I guess Carol did act on "The Art Linkletter Show."  (Check your Brooks and Marsh.)

And I guess Carla didn't want to state what her Aunt Carol's best known for.  Be proud to be related to a game show model, Carla!