Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Why not more new originals?  (Read 6222 times)

aaron sica

Why not more new originals?
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2004, 08:07:08 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 2 2004, 07:24 PM\'] [quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Jul 2 2004, 04:19 PM\'] Tell that to the person that proposed a 30-minute show called "Plinko!: The All New Drop Your Chips!" [/quote]
The ONE reason I'd like to go to the Perfesser's little ring-kissing soiree in LA this summer is to see what kind of drek hits the table at the Pitch Yer Show panel... [/quote]
 And you, sir, would be the perfect heckler for it. :)

I'm prepared to get flamed for this, but about watching Plinko in 30-minute increments?? I can't even watch it for THREE minutes. It's my least-favorite pricing game. To me, it's boring.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2004, 08:31:20 PM »
Initially, I wondered why people like watching Plinko! more than watching pinball, and I guess the answer is that Plinko! is in small chunks.  Would combining pinball with something beyond high scores (i.e. building a poker hand, spelling a word or knocking off targets in sequential order, etc.) be more attractive to a viewer)
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2004, 08:32:21 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jul 2 2004, 05:31 PM\'] Would combining pinball with something beyond high scores (i.e. building a poker hand, spelling a word or knocking off targets in sequential order, etc.) be more attractive to a viewer) [/quote]
 Didn't seem to work too well for Art James. ;)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2004, 08:36:57 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 2 2004, 07:32 PM\'] [quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jul 2 2004, 05:31 PM\'] Would combining pinball with something beyond high scores (i.e. building a poker hand, spelling a word or knocking off targets in sequential order, etc.) be more attractive to a viewer) [/quote]
Didn't seem to work too well for Art James. ;) [/quote]
 True, Art's game show career went down the drain after that.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

sshuffield70

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2004, 09:09:14 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Jul 2 2004, 06:19 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 2 2004, 06:17 PM\'] I mean, going back to Plinko. It's great in three-minute chunks. Would you watch it for a half-hour? [/quote]
Tell that to the person that proposed a 30-minute show called "Plinko!: The All New Drop Your Chips!" [/quote]
 Yeah, I seem to recall being somewhat responsible for that game, though give Alex most of the credit.  I see the game died a quick death, though.

ITSBRY

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2004, 01:10:36 PM »
[quote name=\'Shredder\' date=\'Jul 2 2004, 11:47 AM\'] Here's something I never did understand.  They create a few gameshows that could have long runs...   Russian Rhoulette, Whammy, and Lingo to name a small sampling.  Yet they cancell them after two seasons... [/quote]
 I agree with you...especially in the case of Lingo.  From what I remember reading, it was the network's highest rated original and I think it only got better with each new season.  I don't understand why GSN has seemingly abandoned it.

I understand the push for reality (even though I despise reality TV) and I think there is room on the network for both.  I just hate to see three pretty good originals get forgotten.

Russian Roulette is a solid contemporary game show and the second season of Whammy! fixed all of the minor issues with the game.  They both deserve a chance.

Do we know for sure that Lingo is dead?

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com

adamjk

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2004, 01:40:13 PM »
Ok, after seeing the above post, I decided to call GSN and find out the story. Here's how it goes. Right now, whether or not Lingo or any of the other originals for that matter are going to have new seasons is up in the air. No decision has been made. They should make a decision sometime in the next 3 months.