Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bob Stewart....  (Read 10639 times)

Steve Gavazzi

Bob Stewart....
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2004, 11:06:38 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Jul 1 2004, 09:59 PM\'] After Randy's comments about chair-throwing, on-set-firing producers from Hades, I have to put in a good word for the anti-Lieber: the team of Ira Skutch and Bobby Sherman. Bobbby's talent for organization and Ira's superior people skills made for some of the smoothest-running game show units going, notably Match Game, Blockbusters I and Tattletales (with the help of Paul Alter). Talented chaps all; it was fun working with them. [/quote]
 You know, it always seems odd to see people talk about what a friendly man Ira Skutch was.  I've seen Brett and Richard yell at him so many times that I've gotten this image of him as this evil judge who takes pleasure in not giving people points. :-)

Robair

Bob Stewart....
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2004, 11:24:36 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Jun 30 2004, 03:13 PM\'] You were in the SP audience when Rip ripped off the toupee?  I'm impressed.  (Or did he do that on more than one occasion and I just missed it?)
 [/quote]
 No, that was THE time.

"Epis-episcopalian!"
--Robair

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Bob Stewart....
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2004, 01:37:46 AM »
You know, it always seems odd to see people talk about what a friendly man Ira Skutch was. I've seen Brett and Richard yell at him so many times that I've gotten this image of him as this evil judge who takes pleasure in not giving people points. :-)
Ira had to judge the game according to the rules and that may have resulted in some unpopular decisions. Kind of like being a moderator here ;-) Really, he was a nice guy.

Ian Wallis

Bob Stewart....
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2004, 09:31:40 AM »
And of course there's the word from David Hammett that when some of the new neon squares burned out during a taping of PYL, Peter cursed like a sailor during the delay and ended up leaving the studio with Rod to go get lunch, causing the taping to be delayed until the next day.

I've heard this story before but still can't understand how it happened:  if the new "neon" squares burned out, wouldn't it just have been the backstage slide projectors that burned out?  I thought the "new colors" were still done with slide projectors - or did they have a different way of doing the board when they changed colors?  I'm guessing this is the same incident where it's said "the screens blew"?

Anyone know?
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

BrandonFG

Bob Stewart....
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2004, 03:07:07 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Jul 2 2004, 08:31 AM\'] I've heard this story before but still can't understand how it happened:  if the new "neon" squares burned out, wouldn't it just have been the backstage slide projectors that burned out?  I thought the "new colors" were still done with slide projectors - or did they have a different way of doing the board when they changed colors?  I'm guessing this is the same incident where it's said "the screens blew"?
 [/quote]
 When did they go to neon squares, and does anyone have pics?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Bob Stewart....
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2004, 04:22:59 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jul 2 2004, 02:07 PM\'] [quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Jul 2 2004, 08:31 AM\'] I've heard this story before but still can't understand how it happened:  if the new "neon" squares burned out, wouldn't it just have been the backstage slide projectors that burned out?  I thought the "new colors" were still done with slide projectors - or did they have a different way of doing the board when they changed colors?  I'm guessing this is the same incident where it's said "the screens blew"?
 [/quote]
When did they go to neon squares, and does anyone have pics? [/quote]
 They weren't actual "neon" slides [like the signs you see for beer at gas stations]; they just used colors that were vivider, such as a bright red for the $500 slide; as opposed to a shade of blue.

Brad Francini should have a couple of pictures from this era on his website.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

BrandonFG

Bob Stewart....
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2004, 05:39:39 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Jul 2 2004, 03:22 PM\'] They weren't actual "neon" slides [like the signs you see for beer at gas stations]; they just used colors that were vivider, such as a bright red for the $500 slide; as opposed to a shade of blue.

Brad Francini should have a couple of pictures from this era on his website. [/quote]
 Figured as much...thanks.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!