Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bob Barker personal appearance  (Read 8657 times)

Pyramid80

Bob Barker personal appearance
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2004, 10:47:59 AM »
[quote name=\'Timsterino\' date=\'Jul 22 2004, 09:38 AM\'] Well I moved some mountains after I saw that lineup last night. Erika and I are coming to the GSC! It is very nutty. We are flying back from London to Orlando and hopping on another plane three hours later bound for LAX. We will be there for all of Sunday's fun and the TPiR and Jep! tapings.

Please say "Hi" if you see me and I promise to do the same. We should all wear name tags. lol.

Tim :-) [/quote]
Are you still able to register even though the dealine was lastweek?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2004, 10:48:28 AM by Pyramid80 »

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2004, 12:01:46 PM »
[quote name=\'Pyramid80\' date=\'Jul 22 2004, 10:47 AM\'] Are you still able to register even though the dealine was lastweek? [/quote]
 Yeah, what he said.  This edition of the Congress is too good to pass up.

Timsterino

« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2004, 12:12:02 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Jul 22 2004, 12:01 PM\'] [quote name=\'Pyramid80\' date=\'Jul 22 2004, 10:47 AM\'] Are you still able to register even though the dealine was lastweek? [/quote]
Yeah, what he said.  This edition of the Congress is too good to pass up. [/quote]
 I sent the payment through Paypal with my info. As soon as I get confirmation from Paul, I will post that here. I registered without even looking at the deadline. Pretty smart of me, not.

I now see the 7/15 deadline. I do not think it will be a problem, but I will make sure and ask Paul about the deadline.

Tim :-)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2004, 05:40:00 PM »
Forget the celebs; hearing Bob Stewart speak will be worth 10 times the price of admission alone.

Randy: next year Merv, 'kay? Or Monty will do.

Klauss: you're in charge of getting J.W. one of these years.

Randy: will anyone be taping this (like a professional ENG crew)?

Clementson: still working on thawing out Goodson.

TimK2003

« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2004, 08:12:04 PM »
[quote name=\'CountdownRound\' date=\'Jul 6 2004, 01:45 AM\'] [quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Jul 2 2004, 07:33 PM\']You'd pitch "Dumpster Hunt" and "What's That Smell?" just to see the reaction, wouldn't you? :-D[/quote]
"For two-point-two million dollars... IS IT TUNA?  Is it?!" [/quote]
<BZZZZ>

No, I'm sorry...But you were soooo close!   It was *NOT* Charlie Tuna, of "Scrabble" fame, but what Charlie HAD for lunch!

The correct answer was a 2-day old Taco Bean Burrito!

Control goes back to the red team...

Seriously, if I had a little extra spending cash, I'd make a beeline out there (I've got a free round trip for frequent flier miles, it's just all of those other expenses I don't have freebies for!)

Hopefully, if they allow videocameras to roll, someone will stock up on tapes & batteries and have that tape rolling from start to finish -- I'm sure there will be plenty of us who would pay for at least the highlights.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2004, 08:21:45 PM by TimK2003 »

tvrandywest

« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2004, 08:37:18 PM »
Forget the celebs; hearing Bob Stewart speak will be worth 10 times the price of admission alone.
Fascinating man and my vote for the single greatest game creator ever.

Monty's an easier "get", through Fred.

Randy: will anyone be taping this (like a professional ENG crew)?
There wil be cameras, but for financial reasons there will be no pro crew.

Clementson: still working on thawing out Goodson.
And break up his weekly card game with Disney?

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Timsterino

« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2004, 09:31:03 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Jul 22 2004, 12:01 PM\'] [quote name=\'Pyramid80\' date=\'Jul 22 2004, 10:47 AM\'] Are you still able to register even though the dealine was lastweek? [/quote]
Yeah, what he said.  This edition of the Congress is too good to pass up. [/quote]
 I received an e-mail confirmation back from Paul Bailey from the PayPal I sent him this morning confirming my registration. If you want to register, you should do it asap.

Also, if you book at the Burbank Hilton hotel there is a discount on registration. I ended up going to Priceline and getting $60 per night at the Glendale Hilton about 8 Miles away. I am on a very strict budget.

Pyramid80

« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2004, 10:24:01 PM »
[quote name=\'Timsterino\' date=\'Jul 22 2004, 08:31 PM\'] I received an e-mail confirmation back from Paul Bailey from the PayPal I sent him this morning confirming my registration. If you want to register, you should do it asap.

Also, if you book at the Burbank Hilton hotel there is a discount on registration. I ended up going to Priceline and getting $60 per night at the Glendale Hilton about 8 Miles away. I am on a very strict budget.

Did you get an e-mail from Paul or just a receipt on where you paid him.  I just want to make sure that you are definitely confirmed before I attempt to register.  This sounds like such an awesome event.  I am visiting LA anyway in September and I just can't see spending that kind of dough so close to each other, but I am sure that it would definitely be worth it.

Timsterino

« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2004, 10:27:21 PM »
[quote name=\'Pyramid80\' date=\'Jul 22 2004, 10:24 PM\'] [quote name=\'Timsterino\' date=\'Jul 22 2004, 08:31 PM\'] I received an e-mail confirmation back from Paul Bailey from the PayPal I sent him this morning confirming my registration. If you want to register, you should do it asap.

Did you get an e-mail from Paul or just a receipt on where you paid him.  I just want to make sure that you are definitely confirmed before I attempt to register.  This sounds like such an awesome event.  I am visiting LA anyway in September and I just can't see spending that kind of dough so close to each other, but I am sure that it would definitely be worth it. [/quote]
The e-mail was from Paul personally. I asked him in the Pay Pal screen to e-mail me back with confirmation which he did. He said I am definitely confirmed. If you have any other questions please feel free to e-mail me at timerika@bellsouth.net

« Last Edit: July 22, 2004, 10:28:51 PM by Timsterino »

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2004, 10:28:01 PM »

Monty's an easier "get", through Fred.
Not gonna go there. Wouldn't be prudent.

Timsterino

« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2004, 01:10:51 AM »
I just received another e-mail regarding registration for the Game Show Congress. The form has been updated with a new deadline of August 1st. So get your registrations in if you plan on going.

Don Howard

« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2004, 01:58:08 PM »
There is a slight bummer, however. I've just learned that Bob Hilton will be unable to attend. My source is indisputable: Bob Hilton himself.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2004, 12:39:59 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jul 25 2004, 10:58 AM\'] There is a slight bummer, however. I've just learned that Bob Hilton will be unable to attend. My source is indisputable: Bob Hilton himself. [/quote]
 What is Bob up to these days, and don't say "about six-foot-one"?

uncamark

« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2004, 12:55:26 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Jul 26 2004, 11:39 AM\'][quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jul 25 2004, 10:58 AM\'] There is a slight bummer, however. I've just learned that Bob Hilton will be unable to attend. My source is indisputable: Bob Hilton himself. [/quote]
What is Bob up to these days, and don't say "about six-foot-one"?[/quote]
Last I saw a few years ago, he's been acting more of a househusband and has gotten into writing.  He also wrote a book in 2002 which is presently out of print called "Weekend Dad."

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2004, 05:29:57 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jul 26 2004, 09:55 AM\'] [quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Jul 26 2004, 11:39 AM\'][quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jul 25 2004, 10:58 AM\'] There is a slight bummer, however. I've just learned that Bob Hilton will be unable to attend. My source is indisputable: Bob Hilton himself. [/quote]
What is Bob up to these days, and don't say "about six-foot-one"?[/quote]
Last I saw a few years ago, he's been acting more of a househusband and has gotten into writing.  He also wrote a book in 2002 which is presently out of print called "Weekend Dad." [/quote]
 So he's "between newscasts".