Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR Announcer News  (Read 3080 times)

tvrandywest

TPIR Announcer News
« on: July 11, 2003, 02:22:16 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jul 10 2003, 06:19 PM\'] It's nice to hear you're still doing TPIR, Randy W. I will assume Rod is still recuperating. [/quote]

[quote name=\'clemon\'] I think it's very interesting that Randy is still filling in on TPiR. Burton's been the \"go-to\" fill-in guy for Rod for a while now. Now, all of a sudden, this new guy comes in, gets his shot, at the same time an opportunity to fill in longer than expected comes along, and it's suddenly like Burton doesn't exist.

Obviously we all wish Rod a speedy recovery and that he is soon able to once again perform his assigned duties for as long as he should wish to continue with them, but I can't help but think that the Powers That Be saw something REALLY IMPRESSIVE in Randy's tryout.[/quote]

Thanks for the supportive feedback since my work on TPIR started back in May. I've read some very kind words here as well as comments forwarded to me from Marc's goldenroad.net and Tony's tpir.tv. Coincidentally, both webmasters visited on days that I was at the podium. Besides enjoying the chance to talk with them and their guests, their effusive praise bordered on embarrassing. It's all really appreciated, especially from the most knowledgeable and devoted fans.

To the e-mailers for whom I am working on personal responses I'll comment \"en masse\" that I've felt more and more comfortable, and more pleased with my performance with each passing episode. And believe me, I'm a hell of a tough critic!

Wow, do I have renewed respect for Johnny O and Rod! That show is a hell of a challenge; it's unlike any other. It's also the most fun to work. Barker is a master, and watching him is just plain awe inspiring. Picking up his ad-lib cues when he tosses for contestant names or prize descriptions would be a thrill for any broadcaster, and I just love those moments. The Price \"family\" is the kindest and most nurturing in the industry. I've never enjoyed a more professional and more supportive working environment than the one created by Roger, Phil, \"Fingers\", and their staff. Many of those folks have been with the show for a decade or two (or three!). They have great stories, and contribute to a  machine that hums with incredible efficiency (\"energy star compliant\", as the copy would say  ;-)

As I'm sure you know, the show is in reruns until September 22nd. I'm very anxious for the members of this community to hear some of the later episodes I voiced that will air in the new season. Hopefully I've done justice to the show's proud tradition and high standards forged by Johnny and Rod. Hey, there are new games and some great episodes at the beginning of season 32   ;-)

Now, while I love the attention and love sharing my experience almost as much as I love the gig, let's all remember that the job is Rod's! It's certainly not my place to share information that could in any way be considered proprietary, and I have always been careful in that regard since being welcomed to this forum. Although told to me on the set, I can't imagine that sharing this gem violates any confidence. Ready?  Rod anticipates being back in the studio for the entire taping week starting next Monday! It will be his first full week in quite a few months! Here's to a happy and triumphant return for Rod!

As to all the conjecture about any possible future needs for a fill-in, I certainly wouldn't count Burton Richardson out. He's a talented pro with deep roots at Freemantle, and an all-around good guy. We're different in style, and I wouldn't really characterize the situation as being competitive in nature. Hell, if Baskin Robbins can have 32 flavors...   ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: July 11, 2003, 07:28:15 PM by tvrandywest »

Skynet74

TPIR Announcer News
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2003, 01:19:46 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jul 11 2003, 01:22 AM\'] I wouldn't really characterize the situation as being competitive in nature. Hell, if Baskin Robbins can have 32 flavors...   ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com
 [/quote]

This is very true Randy. You've made me realize that I really do like both Chocolate and Vanilla.  :-)

John

HSquares2003

TPIR Announcer News
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2003, 12:38:30 PM »
Haha! good one!

tpirfan_83

TPIR Announcer News
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2003, 02:54:10 PM »
Hi randy west! I'm one of your biggest fans! I've seen you announce on the price is right, and you did a great job! I'm not sure if I've seen you announce on any other gameshow or host any gameshow.

PeterMarshallFan

TPIR Announcer News
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2003, 04:35:33 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan_83\' date=\'Jul 13 2003, 01:54 PM\'] Hi randy west! I'm one of your biggest fans! I've seen you announce on the price is right, and you did a great job! I'm not sure if I've seen you announce on any other gameshow or host any gameshow. [/quote]
 Randy never hosted a show, but he's announced Supermarket Sweep, Wild Animal Games, and Wink's 1994 FAM Interactive games. He was a contestant on Bruner WML?, Hit Man, Press Your Luck, All-Star Blitz, Sweethearts, and To Tell The Truth '90 among others.