Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Big Brother Is Back  (Read 9091 times)

HomieG1386

Big Brother Is Back
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2003, 07:48:26 PM »
Well, just to be my dumb self, the kick-out isn't exclusive to the net anymore. I just saw info of it on Entertainment Tonight. So for those complaining about spoiling it, the whole media is, so don't crash on whoever mentioned it for everyone else's actions.

Matt Ottinger

Big Brother Is Back
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2003, 08:03:13 PM »
Yeah, they're just the latest of a bunch.  For anyone who follows media, it's pretty much been all over the place.  Probably didn't help CBS any that all the TV critics in the country are right there to report on it.  Or maybe it does help them, I'm still a little suspicious that CBS and the producers actively seek out edgier contestants for the extra press it gives them when they boot 'em out.  I'm virtually certain the underage housemate will be the next one to leave in a headline-making fashion.

As for my earlier comment, while it certainly was flippant, the \"I feel for you\" really was genuine.  I honestly \"get\" the fact that material was spoiled.  I meant to make that more clear.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

ChuckNet

Big Brother Is Back
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2003, 08:19:08 PM »
Those two lines suggest that it's okay to spoil the show because you guys don't particularly care for it, and that's a load of Grade-A crap.

Yeah, that's def not OK...for better or worse, I'm a semi-regular viewer of BB4 myself, and was just supplying info I didn't think would cause any problems by posting w/out spoilage.

As long as everything's cool now, though...could you pass the peace pipe my way? :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

Skynet74

Big Brother Is Back
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2003, 10:40:55 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 14 2003, 05:22 PM\'] [quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Jul 14 2003, 01:26 PM\'] If your enjoyment of The Julie Chen Show is somehow tarnished by knowing ahead of time that one of the pretty-boys had a hissy fit, I feel for you. [/quote]
Whatever. I'm not all that worked up about it anymore, but I do take umbrage with the above quote, alone with David's quote about \"who the hell needs to watch the show when...\" Those two lines suggest that it's okay to spoil the show because you guys don't particularly care for it, and that's a load of Grade-A crap. Amazing Race doesn't particularly float my boat, but that doesn't give me carte blanche to blow a spoiler for you guys. [/quote]

I honestly could go either way on this one. I understand both your points. I just wanted to add that sometimes certain areas of the net cause more stress then they are worth.

I remember back in the 80's before this internet thing caught on, I would look forward to my shows, enjoy my shows and then look forward to my shows again the next day. No Spolier crap, no over analyzing the same things over and over day in and day out to the point where I should be making an appointment to see a Psychiartist.

Before the internet TV used to be peaceful. You would look forward to a show, enjoy it and then not have to hammer out details about it inside your head 24/7. Newsgroups and Message Boards is one of the pleasures of the internet that has actually turned into a problem for many.

Do yourself a favor and every once in a while step away from these places for a few days. Television will become less like a job and actually seem enjoyable again.

John
« Last Edit: July 14, 2003, 10:41:27 PM by Skynet74 »

cyberjoek

Big Brother Is Back
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2003, 12:56:36 AM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Jul 13 2003, 04:09 PM\']Someone's already gotten kicked out the house for throwing furniture. That makes for compelling television, doesn't it?[/quote]
I hate to be a nit-pick but this post about the kick out came before Chuck's.  Just FYI :-)
-Joe Kavanagh

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Big Brother Is Back
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2003, 01:54:08 AM »
[quote name=\'cyberjoek\' date=\'Jul 14 2003, 09:56 PM\'] I hate to be a nit-pick [/quote]
 Obviously not that much, or you wouldn't have done it.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe