Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Host introductions  (Read 13495 times)

TV Favorites

Host introductions
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2004, 09:19:19 PM »
I know when Johnny Gilbert sub-announced on the Dawson Feud in 1981, he sometimes introed Richard as "Mr. Richard Dawson".

mystery7

Host introductions
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2004, 09:32:17 PM »
I heard him doing the same thing once or twice on Dick Clark's Pyramids. And he never said "Your host is..." like the other announcers. It was always, "And now, here is your host..." Dean Goss actually put a colon into his version of the spiel: "Your host: Dick Clark!"

aaron sica

Host introductions
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2004, 09:48:49 PM »
[quote name=\'mystery7\' date=\'Jun 22 2004, 09:32 PM\'] I heard him doing the same thing once or twice on Dick Clark's Pyramids. And he never said "Your host is..." like the other announcers. It was always, "And now, here is your host..." Dean Goss actually put a colon into his version of the spiel: "Your host: Dick Clark!" [/quote]
Wasn't there one of the announcers that said "Your host is Dick Clark!!"?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2004, 09:49:09 PM by aaron sica »

BrandonFG

Host introductions
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2004, 09:56:22 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Jun 22 2004, 08:48 PM\'] [quote name=\'mystery7\' date=\'Jun 22 2004, 09:32 PM\'] I heard him doing the same thing once or twice on Dick Clark's Pyramids. And he never said "Your host is..." like the other announcers. It was always, "And now, here is your host..." Dean Goss actually put a colon into his version of the spiel: "Your host: Dick Clark!" [/quote]
Wasn't there one of the announcers that said "Your host is Dick Clark!!"? [/quote]
 I think that was the standard intro for Clark...that's the one I remember most.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

mystery7

Host introductions
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2004, 10:22:08 PM »
Yes, it was. It dates back to the New York days. Johnny Gilbert and Dean Goss are the only two announcers who deviated from it.

uncamark

Host introductions
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2004, 04:36:38 PM »
[quote name=\'mystery7\' date=\'Jun 22 2004, 09:22 PM\']Yes, it was. It dates back to the New York days. Johnny Gilbert and Dean Goss are the only two announcers who deviated from it.[/quote]
Although it always seemed to me that Bob Clayton usually said, "and now, here's your host, Dick Clark!"  The shortened version seemed to come along after Clayton's death.

TheInquisitiveOne

Host introductions
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2004, 06:13:05 PM »
[quote name=\'MSTieScott\' date=\'Jun 22 2004, 08:09 PM\'] If I recall correctly, Peter Tomarken was introduced as "the star of Press Your Luck." Which I always disagreed with, since the Whammy was the star of that show.

--
Scott Robinson

Or, on days when nobody hit a Whammy, the big board. [/quote]
 If I am not mistaken, I think that was the rare intro in which Peter was introduced as both:

"Here's the host - the star of Press Your Luck - Peter Tomarken!"

I'll have to check my tapes on that, but I am sure that he was introduced as so.

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.

HairMetalLives

Host introductions
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2004, 10:04:51 PM »
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' date=\'Jun 23 2004, 05:13 PM\'] If I am not mistaken, I think that was the rare intro in which Peter was introduced as both:

"Here's the host - the star of Press Your Luck - Peter Tomarken!" [/quote]
 That was the norm.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
Host introductions
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2004, 12:01:42 AM »
[quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'Jun 20 2004, 12:49 PM\'] "Here's your host, the star of (insert Chuck Barris show), (insert Barris show host)!"
 [/quote]
 Just to change things up a bit, Johnny Jacobs introed The Dating Game thusly for a while:

"Here's the star of the show and your host, Jim Lange!"
@lambertman

JayDLewis

Host introductions
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2004, 02:03:49 AM »
HS98:

blahblahblah America's Sweetheart, Caroline Rhea blahblahblah The Philly Phanatic blahblahblah and in the center square Whoopi Goldberg! andyourhosttombergeron
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

BrandonFG

Host introductions
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2004, 02:08:54 AM »
[quote name=\'JayDLewis\' date=\'Jun 24 2004, 01:03 AM\'] HS98:

blahblahblah America's Sweetheart, Caroline Rhea blahblahblah The Philly Phanatic blahblahblah and in the center square Whoopi Goldberg! andyourhosttombergeron [/quote]
 Nope...even worse, it was

"And STARRING Whoopi Goldberg, with Tom Bergeron, your host, ALL on 'Hollywood Squares!"

NEVER liked that line. Nothing against Whoopi, but I found it a bit egotistical, executive producer or not. It just upstaged the other 8 squares and even the host. Gee, I wonder why it was never used in the last two seasons for the center square. ;-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

sshuffield70

Host introductions
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2004, 09:28:14 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jun 24 2004, 01:08 AM\'] [quote name=\'JayDLewis\' date=\'Jun 24 2004, 01:03 AM\'] HS98:

blahblahblah America's Sweetheart, Caroline Rhea blahblahblah The Philly Phanatic blahblahblah and in the center square Whoopi Goldberg! andyourhosttombergeron [/quote]
Nope...even worse, it was

"And STARRING Whoopi Goldberg, with Tom Bergeron, your host, ALL on 'Hollywood Squares!"

NEVER liked that line. Nothing against Whoopi, but I found it a bit egotistical, executive producer or not. It just upstaged the other 8 squares and even the host. Gee, I wonder why it was never used in the last two seasons for the center square. ;-) [/quote]
 Martin Mull wasn't the executive producer?