Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Host introductions  (Read 13521 times)

rugrats1

Host introductions
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2004, 06:31:22 PM »
Host Ron Maestri did introduce himself on 'Quicksilver".

Steve Gavazzi

Host introductions
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2004, 06:47:35 PM »
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' date=\'Jun 20 2004, 04:19 PM\'] By the way, the word "star" for TPiR was not just reserved for Mr. Barker:

"And now, here's the star of The (Nighttime or New) Price is Right, Dennis James/Tom Kennedy/Doug Davidson!" - Olson, Roddy, and Richardson [/quote]
 And while we're on the subject, an intro with no host, no star, and one baseball player:

"And now, pinch-hitting for Bob Barker, here's Dennis James!" -- Johnny Olson

gameshowguy2000

Host introductions
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2004, 07:11:37 PM »
Here's a quick one from Greed: "And now, Chuck Woolery."

cmjb13

Host introductions
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2004, 07:22:50 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Jun 20 2004, 06:47 PM\'] [quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' date=\'Jun 20 2004, 04:19 PM\'] By the way, the word "star" for TPiR was not just reserved for Mr. Barker:

"And now, here's the star of The (Nighttime or New) Price is Right, Dennis James/Tom Kennedy/Doug Davidson!" - Olson, Roddy, and Richardson [/quote]
And while we're on the subject, an intro with no host, no star, and one baseball player:

"And now, pinch-hitting for Bob Barker, here's Dennis James!" -- Johnny Olson [/quote]
 Did James come out of the doors as usual?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Kevin Prather

Host introductions
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2004, 07:29:03 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jun 20 2004, 02:24 PM\'] Also, here's one from the current Wheel: "Here are the stars of our show: Pat Sajak and Vanna White!" That comes from Charlie O Donnell of course. Before they had returning champs, Pat would be introduced alone like this: "And now here's your host, Pat Sajak!" [/quote]
 And in between the two, you had "And now, here is your host and hostess, Pat Sajak and Vanna White!"

zachhoran

Host introductions
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2004, 07:50:24 PM »
[quote name=\'SamJ93\' date=\'Jun 20 2004, 12:03 PM\'] Obviously, since Bob Barker is now the major driving force behind TPiR and has been for a while, he probably deserves to be introduced as "the *star* of The Price is Right." [/quote]
 But Al DuBois was introduced as "Your Driving Force on Bumper Stumpers"

zachhoran

Host introductions
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2004, 07:51:46 PM »
[quote name=\'rugrats1\' date=\'Jun 20 2004, 05:31 PM\'] Host Ron Maestri did introduce himself on 'Quicksilver". [/quote]
 As did Mark Walberg on Free 4 All at the time. CHuck W. introduced himself on the initial 20 episodes of Lingo(Netherlands-taped shows)

Don Howard

Host introductions
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2004, 08:34:27 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jun 20 2004, 06:51 PM\'] [quote name=\'rugrats1\' date=\'Jun 20 2004, 05:31 PM\'] Host Ron Maestri did introduce himself on 'Quicksilver". [/quote]
As did Mark Walberg on Free 4 All at the time. CHuck W. introduced himself on the initial 20 episodes of Lingo(Netherlands-taped shows) [/quote]
 Also introducing herself is Kennedy on Friend Or Foe?, referring to herself as our "stewardess" or our "dealer...would you like me to hit you?" and many others.

bandit_bobby

Host introductions
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2004, 09:09:09 PM »
On Supermarket Sweep, the intro went, "And here's our host, David Ruprecht!". During the Pax Seasons, it orignally was the same, except with a silly pun in between. Then it was changed to "And here's the host of our show, David Ruprecht!".

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Host introductions
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2004, 09:24:31 PM »
[quote name=\'TV Favorites\' date=\'Jun 20 2004, 12:10 PM\'] I seem to recall reading that he prefers to be called "host" and doesn't feel worthy for the "star" title. [/quote]
 He didn't have a problem being called "The Man In Command"... :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

DrBear

Host introductions
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2004, 09:40:53 PM »
I was going to mention this one under the best openings...I still like the TTTT7X with the sliding doors, and Bill Wendell's "Ladies and gentlemen .... Garry Moore!" and out he strides for the introduction. No mention of the title of the show (except on the wall behind him), no host or star...but you never doubted what show you were watching.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

adamjk

Host introductions
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2004, 09:52:58 PM »
Frank Nicotero on Street Smarts has always introduced himself at the beginning of the show.

Bert Convy was introed on Super Password like this: "With the Star of Super Password, Bert Convy!"

Also, on all the US and maybe other versions as well of Millionaire, the hosts have always introduced themselves.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2004, 09:53:35 PM by adamjk »

mystery7

Host introductions
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2004, 10:00:46 PM »
How about the intros Randy West used to give Wink Martindale on Trivial Pursuit, with a different fact each day? Randy might have to come back me up on the actual wording, but it was something kinda close to, "And now, a man who knows (insert fact here), Wink Martindale!" After the intro, Wink would say, "I'm something of an expert on..." and expound on whatever the fact was.

Since I'm something of an expert in the area of hosts who introduced themselves, I should mention that Wil Shriner did it on Small Talk.

And to tie it all together, anyone remember how Wink introduced Wil on Why Didn't I Think Of That?

- mystery7, who firmly believes that behind every great host MUST be an announcer

adamjk

Host introductions
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2004, 10:08:24 PM »
Double Dare(Nick): And now here's your host(insert odd comment or fact here) Marc Summers!

One of my favorite intros from Family Double Dare, was when on the infamous episode where Marc is late, Harvey introed him like this.

"And now here's your host, the late, great Marc Summers!"

Classic.

goongas

Host introductions
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2004, 10:29:18 PM »
Have there any other game shows besides WWTBAM and Weakest Link where the host isn't introduced at all?