Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Reminder about tonight...  (Read 6327 times)

dzinkin

Reminder about tonight...
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2004, 11:00:01 PM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Jun 19 2004, 10:39 PM\'] Well, they announced the TOC long before the collapse of the network.  So, who knows?? [/quote]
 In fact, they also announced the winners of the ToC -- I still have the Multichannel News page with a photo of the winners.

Does anyone know if they have to wait for the ToC to air before they get their winnings?  If they do, they have to be ticked at this point.

uncamark

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2004, 12:55:15 PM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Jun 19 2004, 09:39 PM\']Well, they announced the TOC long before the collapse of the network.  So, who knows??[/quote]
GSN has not collapsed.  It is just in a slightly different mode.  If it had collapsed, there would be something else on our particular channels or snow.

catnap1972

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2004, 01:04:07 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Jun 19 2004, 10:00 PM\'] Does anyone know if they have to wait for the ToC to air before they get their winnings?  If they do, they have to be ticked at this point. [/quote]
 Especially if they have to take a used car!

(ducking)

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2004, 01:25:48 PM »
I missed the marathon on Saturday night.  Who won the extra $10K?  Say it was our good friend Steve...

Timsterino

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2004, 01:53:37 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Jun 21 2004, 01:25 PM\'] I missed the marathon on Saturday night.  Who won the extra $10K?  Say it was our good friend Steve... [/quote]
 It wasn't. However, Steve still made an impressive showing. Steve had the highest score on the pre-qualifying exam and earned a spot in the finals. The format left a lot to be desired. It was a random placing format with the winner of the first round playing the seed in the second round, etc. Someone had a very lucky random slot in the final round and she was the one who won.

The format was not very well thought out but Steve advises that this was because one of the contestants could not make it.

I am sure Steve will have more to say on the event.

Tim :-)

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2004, 02:12:35 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Jun 19 2004, 01:30 PM\'] Sir, you've been around a scant month; Don's been around forever.  Don't take offense to this, but the majority of the old-timers are sick of nuiances like this.  Besides, only someone <12 years of age would have a quote from SpongeBob in their sig. [/quote]
Huh?  God, it's a typo... one of which you made in your own castigation.

Brandon Brooks
« Last Edit: June 21, 2004, 06:11:43 PM by Brandon Brooks »

joshg

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2004, 04:12:01 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Jun 19 2004, 07:00 PM\']Does anyone know if they have to wait for the ToC to air before they get their winnings? [/quote]
No, the winnings are already spent...

Josh
« Last Edit: June 21, 2004, 04:13:17 PM by matchgame »
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

ITSBRY

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2004, 05:47:26 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Jun 19 2004, 01:30 PM\']Don't take offense to this, but the majority of the old-timers are sick of nuiances like this.  Besides, only someone <12 years of age would have a quote from SpongeBob in their sig.[/quote]
Good grief.  Lighten up...and speak for yourself!

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2004, 08:49:49 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Jun 21 2004, 01:12 PM\'] [quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Jun 19 2004, 01:30 PM\'] Sir, you've been around a scant month; Don's been around forever.  Don't take offense to this, but the majority of the old-timers are sick of nuiances like this.  Besides, only someone <12 years of age would have a quote from SpongeBob in their sig. [/quote]
Huh?  God, it's a typo... one of which you made in your own castigation.

Brandon Brooks [/quote]
 Not to mention I was refrencing to Don's joke; which nobody seemed to appreciate.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2004, 10:09:36 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Jun 21 2004, 07:49 PM\'] Not to mention I was refrencing to Don's joke; which nobody seemed to appreciate. [/quote]
 Oh, Jesus.  I guess graduating from college meant that my brain cells automatically become dumberer.

Brandon Brooks

GS Warehouse

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2004, 10:51:03 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Jun 21 2004, 10:09 PM\'] Oh, Jesus.  I guess graduating from college meant that my brain cells automatically become dumberer. [/quote]
 I thought brain cells didn't die until you get elected to office.

dzinkin

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2004, 11:02:43 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Jun 21 2004, 10:51 PM\'] [quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Jun 21 2004, 10:09 PM\'] Oh, Jesus.  I guess graduating from college meant that my brain cells automatically become dumberer. [/quote]
I thought brain cells didn't die until you get elected to office. [/quote]
 That's a common mistake; they actually start dying when you run for office.  By the time you're in office, they're all dead.

Steve McClellan

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2004, 11:03:12 PM »
[quote name=\'Timsterino\' date=\'Jun 21 2004, 10:53 AM\'][quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Jun 21 2004, 01:25 PM\'] I missed the marathon on Saturday night.  Who won the extra $10K?  Say it was our good friend Steve... [/quote]
It wasn't. However, Steve still made an impressive showing. Steve had the highest score on the pre-qualifying exam and earned a spot in the finals. The format left a lot to be desired. It was a random placing format with the winner of the first round playing the seed in the second round, etc. Someone had a very lucky random slot in the final round and she was the one who won.

The format was not very well thought out but Steve advises that this was because one of the contestants could not make it.

I am sure Steve will have more to say on the event.

Tim :-)[/quote]
Actually I had the *lowest* score on the pre-qualifying test, which consisted of seven numerically-answered questions (height in feet of Mt. McKinley and amount of "money" included in each standard Monopoly set were two of the three I got exactly right). Difference from each question was totaled, and I came out on top...er...on the bottom.

The format originally was to consist of eleven players (the ten tour winners and an online sweepstakes winner), but was changed to ten when Greg from Dallas couldn't make it (feeble excuse: having a baby). :-p Originally, there was supposed to be one numerical qualifying question, and the participants were to be seeded one to eleven based on their distance from the correct answer. Then, on the air, 11 was to play 10, the winner to play 9, and so on, until the winner of the ninth game faced the one seed for the ten grand.

When we arrived at Le Meridien, we were given a modified rule sheet that said there would only be nine rounds, seeds would be determined at random, and the person who scored best on a qualifying test would be awarded a third spot in the final.

Not a great format, not as good as the one mentioned above, but a heck of a lot better than the one they were toying around with early on (pure random seeding, no skill element whatsoever). All in all, the player who performed best had a legitimate shot at the ten grand, and I was beaten to the buzzer by a couple tenths of a second on the last question (which facts may or may not be related). :)

adamjk

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2004, 12:40:55 AM »
BTW, did anyone notice that the buzz in sound was the same sound used for Daily Double's on Jeopardy?

Steve McClellan

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2004, 01:06:59 AM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jun 21 2004, 09:40 PM\'] BTW, did anyone notice that the buzz in sound was the same sound used for Daily Double's on Jeopardy? [/quote]
I don't have cable, so all I could do was listen as someone held a phone to the television, but I definitely noticed that it sounded like the first four notes thereof. (All sound effects were added in post, hence my lack of authoritative knowledge.) It definitely wasn't the same sound those very same buzzer systems made at the mall stops.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2004, 01:07:14 AM by gameshowsteve »