Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Another Wheel of Fortune Question  (Read 7949 times)

irismason42

Another Wheel of Fortune Question
« on: June 16, 2004, 12:46:43 AM »
When did Wheel of Fortune stopped having the bonus round to be featured after the 4th commercial break? And Why did M.G. Kelly left Wheel to get back to radio?

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 07:51:12 AM »
[quote name=\'irismason42\' date=\'Jun 15 2004, 11:46 PM\'] When did Wheel of Fortune stopped having the bonus round to be featured after the 4th commercial break [/quote]
 The nighttime show always had four commercial breaks. In the shopping era(and a few times early in the all-cash era), the bonus round would be played after the last commercial break. THey last played the bonus round(Syndie) after the last commercial in the 1989-90 season. They had five commercial breaks on the NBC daytime WOF(six one minute breaks in the early years). When they had the bonus round, it was played after the fourth commercial break. The 1989-91 Daytime WOF had only four commercial breaks, and when the CBS WOF debuted the bonus started being played after the third commercial break rather than the fourth.

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 02:31:04 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jun 16 2004, 06:51 AM\'] [quote name=\'irismason42\' date=\'Jun 15 2004, 11:46 PM\'] When did Wheel of Fortune stopped having the bonus round to be featured after the 4th commercial break [/quote]
The nighttime show always had four commercial breaks. In the shopping era(and a few times early in the all-cash era), the bonus round would be played after the last commercial break. THey last played the bonus round(Syndie) after the last commercial in the 1989-90 season. They had five commercial breaks on the NBC daytime WOF(six one minute breaks in the early years). When they had the bonus round, it was played after the fourth commercial break. The 1989-91 Daytime WOF had only four commercial breaks, and when the CBS WOF debuted the bonus started being played after the third commercial break rather than the fourth. [/quote]
 So, in other words 1989-90, to answer Iris' question.

Now...let's do a quick survey.

Who in the HELL would ever know anything like this, or better yet, care?

Zach, I beg of you, GET OUT THE HOUSE. Step away from the computer. It's for your own good.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

adamjk

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2004, 02:38:29 PM »
Some people might care. I personally don't care about this, but there may be someone else who does. So please don't speak for everyone. Just speak for yourself.

aaron sica

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2004, 02:41:30 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jun 16 2004, 02:38 PM\'] Some people might care. I personally don't care about this, but there may be someone else who does. So please don't speak for everyone. Just speak for yourself. [/quote]
 With all due respect, Adam, I feel very confident in saying Iris and Zach are the only ones who care.

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2004, 02:47:29 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jun 16 2004, 01:38 PM\'] Some people might care. I personally don't care about this, but there may be someone else who does. So please don't speak for everyone. Just speak for yourself. [/quote]
 Where in my post did I try to speak for anyone else? All I did was ask who cared. Speaking for everyone else would be saying that nobody cares about the number of commercials Wheel used or when they used them.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

adamjk

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2004, 02:56:26 PM »
Well maybe you didn't actually say it, but you kinda implied it.

dzinkin

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2004, 03:03:55 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jun 16 2004, 02:56 PM\'] Well maybe you didn't actually say it, but you kinda implied it. [/quote]
 You mean in the way you "kinda imply" that everything you see, hear, or read, no matter what the source, is reliable enough that you should post it here?  Adam, Brandon didn't "kinda imply" anything.  He simply asked Zach a question -- a question that Zach should answer, and would answer if he cared about anyone other than himself.

Adam, I sincerely believe that you, unlike Zach, actually want to be a good citizen here.  Please don't prove me wrong.

adamjk

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2004, 03:11:53 PM »
Point taken, I guess I was reading too much into his post, and failed to see it for what it actually was.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2004, 03:12:36 PM by adamjk »

Don Howard

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2004, 04:18:47 PM »
[quote name=\'irismason42\' date=\'Jun 15 2004, 11:46 PM\'] Why did M.G. Kelly leave Wheel to get back to radio? [/quote]
Hope you don't mind, I corrected your typo in the quotation.
Now, to your answer, I have two theories about that. The first is that M.G. was upset when he didn't get the daytime hosting gig after Pat left to host his horrid talk show.
The second is that Charlie O. was the first choice to officially to take over for Jack Clark upon his death, but his commitments to the three Chuck Barris shows made that impossible. When they all got canned, that freed him up and out went M.G.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2004, 04:19:16 PM by Don Howard »

CarShark

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2004, 07:41:52 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Jun 16 2004, 02:03 PM\'][quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jun 16 2004, 02:56 PM\'] Well maybe you didn't actually say it, but you kinda implied it. [/quote]
You mean in the way you "kinda imply" that everything you see, hear, or read, no matter what the source, is reliable enough that you should post it here?  Adam, Brandon didn't "kinda imply" anything.  He simply asked Zach a question -- a question that Zach should answer, and would answer if he cared about anyone other than himself.

Adam, I sincerely believe that you, unlike Zach, actually want to be a good citizen here.  Please don't prove me wrong.[/quote]
I think that is one of the most asinine assumptions I've ever seen anyone make. I think that Mr. Horan is one of the few worthwhile posters on these boards, and it is a travesty that you or anyone one of the many overrated posters (Mr. Lemon and Mr. Smith especially) are allowed to verbally assault him time and again out pure spite and jealousy. You would think that on a game show discussion board, that someone knowledgeable in game shows would be somewhat popular, but because of the immaturity of many posters that is not the case.

It annoys me when people complain that Mr. Horan adds things that people didn't ask for, but don't mind when Mr. Lemon adds nothing to a discussion but a hateful, sarcastic, searing dart aimed at someone's post (usually Mr. Horan). As far as I'm concerned every person on these boards should strive to be more like Zach Horan. I'm not suggesting that everyone become a walking encyclopedia of useless game show knowledge, but I am saying that more people should be courteous, informative, and pleasant. That would make things so much better around here.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2004, 07:48:04 PM »
Greatest. Post. Ever. Dixonesque, if I may go so far. :)

I can't INVENT material like this. Can we put this one in the Archives, guys? I know I'm gonna wanna read it again one day. :)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 07:50:34 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

zachhoran

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2004, 08:04:12 PM »
[quote name=\'STYDfan\' date=\'Jun 18 2004, 06:41 PM\']
I think that is one of the most asinine assumptions I've ever seen anyone make. I think that Mr. Horan is one of the few worthwhile posters on these boards, and it is a travesty that you or anyone one of the many overrated posters (Mr. Lemon and Mr. Smith especially) are allowed to verbally assault him time and again out pure spite and jealousy. You would think that on a game show discussion board, that someone knowledgeable in game shows would be somewhat popular, but because of the immaturity of many posters that is not the case.

It annoys me when people complain that Mr. Horan adds things that people didn't ask for, but don't mind when Mr. Lemon adds nothing to a discussion but a hateful, sarcastic, searing dart aimed at someone's post (usually Mr. Horan). As far as I'm concerned every person on these boards should strive to be more like Zach Horan. I'm not suggesting that everyone become a walking encyclopedia of useless game show knowledge, but I am saying that more people should be courteous, informative, and pleasant. That would make things so much better around here. [/quote]
 Thanks for the vote of confidence. But, If you think the bashing of certain people is bad here, I guess you weren't around for ATGS from 2000-02, when we had far worse bashing of those people than is allowed here. We had a "mystery poster" exposing people's personal lives, plus certain people who don't bash others anymore were bashing people everytime they posted. I've stuck around eight years despite the bashing, even if it is sometimes warranted.

tyshaun1

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2004, 08:07:11 PM »
I swear, after reading that heart-wrenching, tearful plea, it was the first time on this message board that I truly LAUGHED OUT LOUD. >-D

Tyshaun

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2004, 08:20:52 PM »
[quote name=\'STYDfan\' date=\'Jun 18 2004, 07:41 PM\'] As far as I'm concerned every person on these boards should strive to be more like Zach Horan.[/quote]

That's it.  I'm devoting the rest of my life to being a walking encyclopedia of game show minutiae, since we know all the chicks love a guy who can summarize what happened during the second segment of the 2/12/1985 episode of Time Machine.  I'm also going to be oblivious to everybody's criticisms.  Just call me by my new nickname from now on--PJTP.

I must agree with the esteemed Mr. Lemon.  This was an excellent post.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 08:22:07 PM by hmtriplecrown »