Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Cold cash, cold cash..."  (Read 7619 times)

JMFabiano

"Cold cash, cold cash..."
« on: July 10, 2003, 01:56:38 AM »
From today's PYL block, I believe the second to last episode, I was interested by contestant Eddy.  Well, in general, his frenetic chanting at the board was quite funny in itself, but eventually I heard something familiar as he chanted \"Cold cash, cold cash...\" at one point.  WHY is this so familiar?  USA rerun memories?  Scenes from the opening?  A promo?  Is there something I should be remembering here?  

Also, check this post out from the GSN boards...

http://www.gameshownetwork.com/community/s...?threadid=57750

Something tells me I should watch that episode again ;-)

J.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2003, 10:51:52 AM »
[quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'Jul 10 2003, 12:56 AM\']From today's PYL block, I believe the second to last episode, I was interested by contestant Eddy.  Well, in general, his frenetic chanting at the board was quite funny in itself, but eventually I heard something familiar as he chanted \"Cold cash, cold cash...\" at one point.  WHY is this so familiar?  USA rerun memories?  Scenes from the opening?  A promo?  Is there something I should be remembering here?  [/quote]
Yup.  Later in the run, PYL used the \"cold cash, cold cash, STOP!\" (before he hit the $3000 and a spin) as part of an opening.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2003, 11:14:00 AM »
The GSN link is broken. What was in said post?

JMFabiano

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2003, 09:48:07 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Jul 10 2003, 10:14 AM\'] The GSN link is broken. What was in said post? [/quote]
 I should have expected that.  So how do I put this tastefully?  Basically, the person referenced the first 1985 episode, saying that when Sam won, before they go to commercial you can hear a noise that suspiciously sounds like that of flatulence.

J.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.