Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Will B&WO pay tribute to Ronald Reagan?  (Read 4293 times)

Ghastly_Gary

Will B&WO pay tribute to Ronald Reagan?
« on: June 05, 2004, 11:07:59 PM »
On What's My Line?, Reagan was MG on 7/19/53 and a guest panelist on 5/20/56.  On I've Got A Secret, Reagan was guest on two of the funniest IGAS episodes ever made.  They were...
10/5/55–Bill Cullen, Jayne Meadows, Henry Morgan, and Betsy Palmer. Guests are a mailman who's kissed every woman on his route and a man who's translating the questions into Italian for his mother in Cleveland. Guest Ronald Reagan makes Garry restart the segment every time someone says "Uh" or hesitates (like filming a movie).

2/8/61–Steve Allen, Betsy Palmer, Henry Morgan, and Bess Meyerson. Guests are man who changes his costume for each answer he gives and Soupy Sales (he has had over 14,000 pies in the face). Henry and Steve try to take an announcer's test while guest Ronald Reagan tries to distract them.

That Don Guy

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 12:33:30 AM »
[quote name=\'Ghastly_Gary\' date=\'Jun 5 2004, 10:07 PM\'] On What's My Line?, Reagan was MG on 7/19/53 and a guest panelist on 5/20/56.  On I've Got A Secret, Reagan was guest on two of the funniest IGAS episodes ever made.  They were...
10/5/55–Bill Cullen, Jayne Meadows, Henry Morgan, and Betsy Palmer. Guests are a mailman who's kissed every woman on his route and a man who's translating the questions into Italian for his mother in Cleveland. Guest Ronald Reagan makes Garry restart the segment every time someone says "Uh" or hesitates (like filming a movie).

2/8/61–Steve Allen, Betsy Palmer, Henry Morgan, and Bess Meyerson. Guests are man who changes his costume for each answer he gives and Soupy Sales (he has had over 14,000 pies in the face). Henry and Steve try to take an announcer's test while guest Ronald Reagan tries to distract them. [/quote]
I think they aired the two Reagan IGAS episodes, along with a WML (from 1958?) featuring California governor-elect "Pat" Brown (father of 1974-82 governor Jerry), right after Arnold Schwarzenegger became governor.  Maybe somebody felt that it was too soon to repeat them together.  (Or, they could be saving it for Friday when the funeral takes place.)

-- Don

whewfan

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 05:40:39 PM »
Reagan was also on TTTT. On the show, there were triplets, and one of them provided room service to Ronald Reagan at the hotel he was staying at. Reagan asked "What was my hotel room number"?  Then, realizing the connotations of his question, he said "I just remembered... my wife (Jane Wyman at that time) is watching this show!"

davemackey

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 08:36:59 PM »
To answer the subject question, yes. Late Friday/Early Saturday, GSN airs the IGAS from 10/5/55 and a WML with Reagan as mystery challenger.

sshuffield70

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2004, 04:30:50 PM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'Jun 9 2004, 04:40 PM\'] Reagan was also on TTTT. On the show, there were triplets, and one of them provided room service to Ronald Reagan at the hotel he was staying at. Reagan asked "What was my hotel room number"?  Then, realizing the connotations of his question, he said "I just remembered... my wife (Jane Wyman at that time) is watching this show!" [/quote]
 Actually, he divorced Sarah Jane in 1948 and married Nancy in 1952.

Don Howard

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2004, 03:44:23 PM »
[quote name=\'Ghastly_Gary\' date=\'Jun 5 2004, 10:07 PM\'] 10/5/55–Bill Cullen, Jayne Meadows, Henry Morgan, and Betsy Palmer. Guest Ronald Reagan makes Garry restart the segment every time someone says "Uh" or hesitates (like filming a movie).

[/quote]
 That was a hilarious bit. Hope you all had the chance to see it.

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2004, 02:48:52 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jun 13 2004, 02:44 PM\'] [quote name=\'Ghastly_Gary\' date=\'Jun 5 2004, 10:07 PM\'] 10/5/55–Bill Cullen, Jayne Meadows, Henry Morgan, and Betsy Palmer. Guest Ronald Reagan makes Garry restart the segment every time someone says "Uh" or hesitates (like filming a movie).

[/quote]
That was a hilarious bit. Hope you all had the chance to see it. [/quote]
 Yes, as Garry Moore said on TV's Funniest Game Show Moments 2 (ABC, 1985), it was one of the best spots they ever did on the run of IGaS.

One of my personal favorites of all time that's for sure, I bust a gut every time I see it!