Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Better Sex question  (Read 10971 times)

Adam Nedeff

Better Sex question
« on: July 09, 2003, 03:47:53 PM »
Let's say a team is down to its last two members in the main game and after hearing an opponent's answer, one teammate agrees, the other disagrees. What do they do? Oddly, I have several episodes on tape and this situation doesn't come up in any of them.

Michael Brandenburg

Better Sex question
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2003, 05:14:24 PM »
Let's say a team is down to its last two members in the main game and after hearing an opponent's answer, one teammate agrees, the other disagrees. What do they do? Oddly, I have several episodes on tape and this situation doesn't come up in any of them.

Oh, so you have \"The Better Sex\" the game show on tape!  (Definitely something a lot different than \"The Better Sex\" videos I've seen advertised in the USA Today newspaper!)

Anyway, to answer your question, the rule they had on the show when a team receiving a question was down to its last two players was as follows:

1. The player standing furthest from the central podium would give his/her \"Agree/Disagree\" answer to the answer coming from the opponent at the podium.

2. The player standing nearest the podium would give his/her \"Agree/Disagree\" answer.

3. If the two answers agreed, the two players stood or fell together.  However, if the vote was \"split\" (one \"Agree\" and one \"Disagree\"), the first player's \"final\" answer determined the vote for both of the team's remaining players.  (In other words, his/her original vote served as the tie-breaker unless he/she decided to change it -- perhaps in response to comments made by the player's remaining teammate as he/she voted.)

Michael Brandenburg
   (Now I think this might be a good show to bring back, but it probably won't ever be -- because of the probably that it would show up as simply \"Better Sex\" in TV-grid listings and create howls of protest from those who want TV programming that's suitable for the whole family to view!)

DrBear

Better Sex question
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2003, 06:09:20 PM »
[quote name=\'Michael Brandenburg\' date=\'Jul 9 2003, 04:14 PM\'] (Now I think this might be a good show to bring back, but it probably won't ever be -- because of the probably that it would show up as simply "Better Sex" in TV-grid listings and create howls of protest from those who want TV programming that's suitable for the whole family to view!) [/quote]
 Now, if they got Icey to host ... hmmm, \"Better Sex with Icey\"

yeah, I know (bows head and exits)
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

ChuckNet

Better Sex question
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2003, 06:22:53 PM »
(Now I think this might be a good show to bring back, but it probably won't ever be -- because of the probably that it would show up as simply \"Better Sex\" in TV-grid listings and create howls of protest from those who want TV programming that's suitable for the whole family to view!)

So just retitle it The Better Gender, as someone at GSC8 suggested. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

Jimmy Owen

Better Sex question
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2003, 08:32:52 PM »
That was the only show I recall TV Guide actually listed with the article \"The.\" Others, such as Hollywood Squares, Big Showdown, Money Maze, etc had their \"The\" dropped in TVG.  But not \"The Better Sex.\"  If they ever had a revival, I'd go with Icey and Vince Gill as hosts.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
Better Sex question
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2003, 09:14:04 PM »
Now, if they got Icey to host ... hmmm, \"Better Sex with Icey\"

That certainly beats \"Better Sex with Icees\"

(With apologies to everyone who just swore off their convenience stores -- especially if they have Red Cherry.)
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Better Sex question
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2003, 10:14:59 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jul 9 2003, 05:32 PM\'] If they ever had a revival, I'd go with Icey and Vince Gill as hosts. [/quote]
 Because, as we all know, Vince Gill has a long and storied career as a game show host that would make him the ideal man for the job.

And Icey's English is flawless.

Sheesh.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jimmy Owen

Better Sex question
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2003, 10:24:04 PM »
Well, I guess I'm not tied to that choice, but which other country singer would you choose?

clemon79

Better Sex question
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2003, 10:29:42 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jul 9 2003, 07:24 PM\'] Well, I guess I'm not tied to that choice, but which other country singer would you choose? [/quote]
 If you're suggesting that the male co-host has to be a country singer because Bill Anderson was a country singer, I will point out that Bill Anderson never had a hit show, unless you count \"Fandango\" (and I don't), which was on a niche network for shitkickers.

Here's a novel idea: how about someone who, has, I dunno, actually hosted a show before?

Jimmy Owen

Better Sex question
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2003, 10:50:27 PM »
Well, I was trying out-of-the-box thinking, but there aren't that many out-of-work young successful game show hosts and that's because there are no network game show hosts these days.  Vince does have some experience hosting live televised award shows, but mostly my suggestion was to find someone comparable to Bill Anderson for a new show.

Brandon Brooks

Better Sex question
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2003, 11:13:15 PM »
Did you say \"shitkickers?\"  That made me laugh for some reason.

Brandon Brooks

Matt Ottinger

Better Sex question
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2003, 11:31:15 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Jul 10 2003, 03:13 AM\'] Did you say "shitkickers?"  That made me laugh for some reason.

Brandon Brooks [/quote]
 It didn't even register with me until you took it out of context like that.  Now I'm picturing *you* laughing at it and *I* can't stop giggling.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Fedya

Better Sex question
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2003, 11:35:17 PM »
Chris Lemon wrote:
Here's a novel idea: how about someone who, has, I dunno, actually hosted a show before?

And what happens when all the people who have hosted a game show before die off?

Everybody who will ever be a game show host will have to have had a first show at some point.  Could you imagine if some radio producer nixed the idea of Bill Cullen hosting a radio quizzer because he had never actually done so before?
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

clemon79

Better Sex question
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2003, 02:21:19 AM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' date=\'Jul 9 2003, 08:35 PM\'] Everybody who will ever be a game show host will have to have had a first show at some point.
 [/quote]
 Alright, fine, get Ryan Seacrest in there, for all I care. I'm not saying people shouldn't get a shot, but I AM saying that Vince Gill ain't the freakin' answer.

SplitSecond

Better Sex question
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2003, 03:12:41 AM »
You seem to have forgotten Wild Animal Games, Chris.

Tell me how you did it.