Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Keep or cancel.....  (Read 4929 times)

Winkfan

Keep or cancel.....
« on: May 25, 2004, 01:02:28 AM »
Over at the GSN boards, there's a thread asking if viewers would 'trade SOtC, Scrabble and TPiR for--get this--Black & White Overnight! But it seems the majority of those who posted there must have read the subject backwards, because they say they're 'bored with B&WO' and would trade for the former three shows.

So, do you think GSN should keep B&WO on the air? Or are you getting tired of the old shows and feel they should cancel the block altogether? I, myself, feel they should just air Beat the Clock because there are episodes I haven't seen before (and I've only had GSN for over three years).

BTW, What's My Line has two and 2/3 years of episodes left to air, and then what? Do you think they'll start all over again?

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Barbara Feldon of the Big Board!'
« Last Edit: June 05, 2004, 01:07:39 AM by Winkfan »
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

Jimmy Owen

Keep or cancel.....
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 02:26:25 AM »
I would never trade anything for anything.  I want it all.  Everything co-existing peacefully with everything.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

whampyl03

Keep or cancel.....
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2004, 02:36:44 AM »
Legal issues aside with $otC, Scrabble, and TPiR...

No, I still wouldn't.  I will admit, the B&WO programming has been re-ran slightly to death, but I still greatly enjoy getting my late-night classics fix.

BTW, What's My Line has two and 2/3 years of episodes left to air, and then what? Do you think they'll start all over again?

That, or probably switch out WML? with IGAS or TTTT.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2004, 02:37:25 AM by whampyl03 »

kirkmorgan

Keep or cancel.....
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2004, 02:54:50 AM »
I've done the math and both Password & WML?  will come to their respective ends sometime in the middle/end of September,I vote for the return of IGAS and TTTT,Another Idea would be  to show the color daytime Password,and the Bruner/Blyden WML?

Matt Ottinger

Keep or cancel.....
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2004, 08:47:44 AM »
B&WO stands as an island unto itself.  I remain delighted and amazed that GSN continues to run it.  But the idea that GSN could swap it out for Scrabble, SOTC and TPIR is just so monumentally absurd that I hate to even encourage its discussion for fear kids who don't know any better would take it seriously.

If, in their infinite wisdom, GSN decided to acquire those shows, they certainly aren't going to run 'em at four o'clock in the morning!
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

TV Favorites

Keep or cancel.....
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2004, 10:47:01 AM »
I would like to see the name B&W Overnight removed (do they even use it anymore?), but the shows would be kept in the blocks.  I would also like to see it increased to 2 hours with 4 shows.  Similar to what Kirk said, the titles would remain the same in the same slots, but the color counterparts would be run.  For example, the Daly WML would be run followed by Bruner/Blyden era shows when the Daly version reached the end.  Then, the Daly shows would be back once the color version wrapped up.

David Lawrence

Keep or cancel.....
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2004, 11:01:46 AM »
While I'm happy that GSN still leaves a late night slot for the B&Ws, I've been watching less and less, having seen just about all the WML, PW, IGAS & TTTT episodes GSN has aired in the Overnight rotation. I doubt we'll ever see Name's The Same or even Two For The Money get put into the rotation, even on the weekend. I'd like to see the introduction of Bruner/Blyden WML and Collyer (the surviving color eps) & Moore TTTT, perhaps with color Password and syndie IGAS on weekends. But that's just my personal desire for something more to get me watching once again, because I'm just happy GSN hasn't scrapped the Overnight hour altogether in favor of more infomercials.

The selection of SOTC, Scrabble & TPIR as potential replacements is ridiculous, but since the idea came from the GSN Boards I'm not surprised.

AH3RD

Keep or cancel.....
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2004, 10:06:50 AM »
Keep it! Keep it, please!!!!!!

At least showing B&WO is one of the few good things about GSN®!
Aaron Handy III - ah07_1999@yahoo.com

The ABC Password Page

The Aaron Handy III TV Web Shrine

beatlefreak84

Keep or cancel.....
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2004, 06:35:08 PM »
I don't think GSN would acquire Scrabble, SOTC, and TPIR to air in the B&WO slot, especially TPIR.  Come on; the greatest game show in American television being shown at 3 a.m.?  :)

However, one thought if GSN does get tired of B&WO:  show some of the older color shows in that slot.  I wouldn't mind seeing Moore TTTT, Bruner/Blyden WML?, Narz/Wood BTC, and some other rarities.  It could definitely be a place where we may relive that brief period where the 9-10 a.m. slot was saved for two rare game shows.

Just an idea, though...what do you think?

Anthony

P.S.  It certainly is nice to have at least one hour for the "rarities;" I hope that, no matter what direction GSN goes in, we get to keep this hour, whether it's B&W or what I mentioned above.  I'd better not give GSN any ideas, though...they may define "rarities" as PYL or FF in a few years!  :)
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

Red

Keep or cancel.....
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2004, 04:09:54 AM »
Black and White Overnight was shortened to one hour not long ago and with Reality coming in, Game Shows going out, it's just a matter of time before B&WON leaves us. GSN believes in New right now, not old. And this block is about as old as you can get. To your question, no I would not get rid of this block. I don't even want WWTBAM up at 3am, I want my Black and White Classics. Late night seems the best time for Black and White shows, TPIR/$ale/Scrabble would definatly not fit there. Even if they were in the afternoon, no show could fit that late, 3am On should be Black and White. Not a show from a few years ago. Let's just hope B&WON stays with us for as long as it can, and enjoy it while we can. Because my prediction is, by this time next year B&WON will be gone and replaced with something none of us care about.
-Paul Ford

RedGiant@toonzone.net

RMF

Keep or cancel.....
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2004, 11:16:52 AM »
I'd do one of two things:

1) Keep it as it is, or

2) Turn it into "From The Archives", and use it to air programs that, for various reasons, can not or are not aired on the regular schedule

catnap1972

Keep or cancel.....
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2004, 05:30:13 PM »
[quote name=\'Red\' date=\'May 28 2004, 03:09 AM\'] Let's just hope B&WON stays with us for as long as it can, and enjoy it while we can. Because my prediction is, by this time next year B&WON will be gone and replaced with something none of us care about. [/quote]
 Looking at it from GSN's perspective, I can't see any reason they would get rid of them (and replace them) short of their deciding to spend the money elsewhere.  The timeslot itself is about as low in visibility as they can get...no sense in spending $$$ on something else just to stick it there where nobody will watch.

Don Howard

Keep or cancel.....
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2004, 07:07:37 AM »
I can't believe it's lasted this long, especially given the regime change. Leave it be. Beat The Clock on weekends only is better than none at all.

Matt Ottinger

Keep or cancel.....
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2004, 08:21:30 AM »
[quote name=\'catnap1972\' date=\'Jun 1 2004, 05:30 PM\'] Looking at it from GSN's perspective, I can't see any reason they would get rid of them (and replace them) short of their deciding to spend the money elsewhere.  The timeslot itself is about as low in visibility as they can get...no sense in spending $$$ on something else just to stick it there where nobody will watch. [/quote]
 One word: infomercials.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Gromit

Keep or cancel.....
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2004, 03:45:03 AM »
Seeing as how B&WO is now literally the *only* thing I watch on GSN any more, I vote "keep". (which is quite sad, I used to be able to spend 5 or 6 hours a day with GSN on in the background while I did other things, now that's my weekly total because they've loaded up the evenings with so much crap)

I would like to see more variety however. Either different shows on different weekdays, or runs of a couple of months, then switch, etc.