Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PYL movie  (Read 1180 times)

LA the DJ

PYL movie
« on: May 20, 2004, 09:05:32 AM »
I'm just curious if anyone has heard anything recently about the Press Your Luck movie project.  
Last I read, conflicts with the distributor of the film (Mandalay Pictures), as well as Bill Murray's filming schedule had the film on delay, at the very least.
Is there any chance of seeing this film picked up in the future, or has time passed it by?
Also, has anyone seen the script?
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

tyshaun1

PYL movie
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 11:47:01 AM »
[quote name=\'nWo_Whammy\' date=\'May 20 2004, 08:05 AM\'] I'm just curious if anyone has heard anything recently about the Press Your Luck movie project.  
Last I read, conflicts with the distributor of the film (Mandalay Pictures), as well as Bill Murray's filming schedule had the film on delay, at the very least.
Is there any chance of seeing this film picked up in the future, or has time passed it by?
Also, has anyone seen the script? [/quote]
 I think it's safe to say that the PYL flick is pretty much dead, especially since GSN's special has already came and went. That leads me into another question: since "BB: The PYL Scandal" drew the highest ratings in GSN's history, and there are a surprising number of people who remember the show and have heard of Larson's feat, what are the chances of it coming out on DVD? I think it wouldn't be too much of a risk, plus it could help test the waters a bit.

Tyshaun

inturnaround

PYL movie
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 12:10:31 PM »
[quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'May 20 2004, 11:47 AM\']
I think it's safe to say that the PYL flick is pretty much dead, especially since GSN's special has already came and went. That leads me into another question: since "BB: The PYL Scandal" drew the highest ratings in GSN's history, and there are a surprising number of people who remember the show and have heard of Larson's feat, what are the chances of it coming out on DVD? I think it wouldn't be too much of a risk, plus it could help test the waters a bit.

Tyshaun [/quote]
 Yeah, it's dead in the water. Anything that been in development hell this long rarely ever gets made, but it's not like the GSN documentary really affected it being made or not.

Might you see Big Bucks on DVD? Sure, anything is possible, I would suppose, but I doubt it. For one, GSN really doesn't have anything else yet that would do well on DVD. C'mon, Fake-a-Date Season One? I don't think so. So, just exactly what would it be testing the waters for?
Joe Coughlin     
Human

tyshaun1

PYL movie
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 12:17:17 PM »
Testing the waters for other game shows to come out on DVD.

Tyshaun

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
PYL movie
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2004, 01:07:38 PM »
[quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'May 20 2004, 09:17 AM\'] Testing the waters for other game shows to come out on DVD.
 [/quote]
 Except you're not, because Big Bucks isn't a game show, it's a documentary, and further one about a single specific incident. How well it might or might not do as a standalone DVD product says not one thing about how well game show compliations on DVD would do.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

itiparanoid13

PYL movie
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2004, 03:04:26 PM »
This movie has been axed for at least a year and a half by now IIRC.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 03:04:45 PM by itiparanoid13 »