Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Povich Twenty-One picked up, Lingo renewed and....  (Read 16121 times)

tommycharles

Povich Twenty-One picked up, Lingo renewed and....
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2003, 12:56:52 PM »
This is good news. It seems to me that they are trying to set the record straight with the classic fans who were disturbed by the gamertv announcement of late.

Any library pickup is good, at this point.

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2003, 11:27:37 PM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Jul 9 2003, 11:56 AM\'] Any library pickup is good, at this point. [/quote]
 That's so not true.  I'd rather them dig into what they have, or save money for the good stuff than to acquire junk.

Brandon Brooks

aaron sica

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2003, 08:05:08 AM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Jul 9 2003, 10:27 PM\'] [quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Jul 9 2003, 11:56 AM\'] Any library pickup is good, at this point. [/quote]
That's so not true.  I'd rather them dig into what they have, or save money for the good stuff than to acquire junk.

Brandon Brooks [/quote]
 I have to say I agree with Brandon on this one...I cringe at the thought of seeing a press release with something like..

\"GAME SHOW NETWORK ACQUIRES STONE-STANLEY LIBRARY\" or... \"GAME SHOW NETWORK ACQUIRES KLINE AND FRIENDS LIBRARY\".....

zachhoran

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2003, 08:18:37 AM »
They already do have K&F's WLoD, although they probably got it from Disney. THey actually have Masters of the Maze from their acquisition of some of the 90s Family Channel shows, of which they've shown Family Challenge and Wild Animal Games.

aaron sica

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2003, 08:51:14 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jul 10 2003, 07:18 AM\'] They already do have K&F's WLoD, although they probably got it from Disney. THey actually have Masters of the Maze from their acquisition of some of the 90s Family Channel shows, of which they've shown Family Challenge and Wild Animal Games. [/quote]
 How long did they last on GSN, Zach? (FC and WAG I mean).......I don't think they were on the schedule too long..

zachhoran

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2003, 09:24:21 AM »
THey were on weekends for several months around 1998 or 1999.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2003, 05:31:03 PM »
[quote name=\'CBSJokersWildFan\' date=\'Jul 8 2003, 04:06 AM\'] [quote name=\'Timsterino\' date=\'Jul 8 2003, 04:26 AM\']I do wish GSN picked up the Regis version of Millionaire.[/quote]

Same here.  It would be great to see those shows again. [/quote]
 Ehhh....I tend to disagree.  These shows are stale; and once you get past the first 50 or so-were they so great?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Starkman

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2003, 10:25:57 PM »
actually the stone stanley library (minus LOHT which is the sole property of Viacom and is still seen on GAS) could be lucurative, Hate it as the fandom does, Shop til you drop was a great commercial success which lasted 10 years in various incarnations and fun house is a hidden treasure that would be a great show for the weekends, and aside from it's cheapness Quicksilver was a decent game just so free 4 all never EVER sees the light of DAY!

Actually when Roth hosted Masters of the Maze it was a very good show IMHO, it was a better concived version of LOHT's endgame with the teammate serving as guide rather than hanging around waiting for the whammies to bite and the various whammies being able to be vanquished with correct answers. of course that joystick needed to be recallibrated so that the partner wouldnt be told to go backwards when they wanted them to go down. however whoever thought Mario Lopez would make a good host needs to be shot quick. too bad i didnt get GSN when they were airing that show again.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2003, 11:00:15 PM »
[quote name=\'Starkman\' date=\'Jul 20 2003, 09:25 PM\'] actually the stone stanley library (minus LOHT which is the sole property of Viacom and is still seen on GAS) could be lucurative, Hate it as the fandom does, Shop til you drop was a great commercial success which lasted 10 years in various incarnations and fun house is a hidden treasure that would be a great show for the weekends, and aside from it's cheapness Quicksilver was a decent game just so free 4 all never EVER sees the light of DAY!

Actually when Roth hosted Masters of the Maze it was a very good show IMHO, it was a better concived version of LOHT's endgame with the teammate serving as guide rather than hanging around waiting for the whammies to bite and the various whammies being able to be vanquished with correct answers. of course that joystick needed to be recallibrated so that the partner wouldnt be told to go backwards when they wanted them to go down. however whoever thought Mario Lopez would make a good host needs to be shot quick. too bad i didnt get GSN when they were airing that show again. [/quote]
 They were called \"Temple Guards\"; not whammies.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

zachhoran

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2003, 11:07:53 PM »
GSN does have Masters of the Maze as they acquired a number of FAM games from that era, but have not aired it.

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2003, 11:13:00 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Jul 20 2003, 10:00 PM\'] They were called "Temple Guards"; not whammies. [/quote]
 Big red stuffed devils with big W's on them.  Tat wuld be a funi.

Brandon Brooks

Starkman

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2003, 11:59:51 PM »
no duh. i know what they were called :rolleyes: i refer to any odd money, turn, time stealing creature when reffering to more than one show of that type as whammies because they were the most well known rather than switch between the terminology from show to show, geez i guess you guys go around interchanging the names of puffs and kleenex too ;)...thanks for not treating me like a barris contestant ;)

Hiroland

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2003, 10:35:26 AM »
I believe Masters was Kline and Friends anyways. I think that the best Family Channel Show was Family Challenge with Ray Combs.

ObTwentyOne: I wonder why they bought rights to Twenty-one just for the Marathon, seems a little bit of a waste to me.