Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Povich Twenty-One picked up, Lingo renewed and....  (Read 16119 times)

Timsterino

Povich Twenty-One picked up, Lingo renewed and....
« on: July 08, 2003, 04:26:17 AM »
Weakest Link is going Interactive according to Steve Beverly's site. It all sounds good to me. I do wish GSN picked up the Regis version of Millionaire.

Tim :-)

CBSJokersWildFan

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2003, 05:06:38 AM »
[quote name=\'Timsterino\' date=\'Jul 8 2003, 04:26 AM\']I do wish GSN picked up the Regis version of Millionaire.[/quote]

Same here.  It would be great to see those shows again.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2003, 11:20:42 AM »
Whoa whoa whoa. How many episodes of Twenty-One were made? A dozen? Tops?

Hmm. Nineteen, according to the other post. As a marathon. Well, okay. I still have doubts.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2003, 11:22:09 AM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

gtbecbp

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2003, 11:21:37 AM »
Who owns the rights to Twenty-One?

Ben

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2003, 11:46:08 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 8 2003, 10:20 AM\'] Whoa whoa whoa. How many episodes of Twenty-One were made? A dozen? Tops?

Hmm. Nineteen, according to the other post. As a marathon. Well, okay. I still have doubts. [/quote]
 Being Weakest Link and Lingo are both on GSN, would it be safe to say that Phil Gurin (who produced/-es) all three would have something to do with this acquisition?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

inturnaround

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2003, 12:39:07 PM »
Not only do you have the problem of the limited nature of \"Twenty One\", you also have the fact that Pax ran that mofo into the ground a few years back in reruns.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

uncamark

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2003, 12:54:45 PM »

NBC.  The company that sold the prime time \"TWL\" package to GSN.

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2003, 01:55:04 PM »
I'm not too upset about this. I LOVED 21 and thought it should stay around for awhile. Let's just hop that it doesn't get played frequently, as there are only 19 eps. of it.
insert signature here

whampyl03

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2003, 01:56:01 PM »
Well, I'm happy that Lingo was picked up for another season. As for Twenty-One, Well, the First Ep. was OK, but after that it was a train wreck. As for the Weakest Link Marathon, I'm not that impressed. It does now support Interactive play, so that will make the Interactive game fans happy I guess...

JMFabiano

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2003, 02:09:13 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jul 8 2003, 11:54 AM\']

NBC.  The company that sold the prime time "TWL" package to GSN. [/quote]
 Yet they still are hoarding Concentration *shrugs*

Any chance that the BBC TWL will ever see the light of day here?  Would love to have seen the EastEnders special where Wendy Richard gets to the finals :-)

J.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2003, 03:29:10 PM »
I just wanna say that this 21 pick-up makes me believe that think Phil Gurin is getting way too much influence within GSN.  You just know he was a catalyst behind this, and it's REALLY starting to irk me that programming choices are being made in this way.

Yeah, I know, I'm a hopeless idealist.  Sue me.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2003, 03:29:38 PM by parliboy »
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

ilb4ever2000

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2003, 03:36:02 PM »
I just wanna say that this 21 pick-up makes me believe that think Phil Gurin is getting way too much influence within GSN. You just know he was a catalyst behind this, and it's REALLY starting to irk me that programming choices are being made in this way.

Then there's Bob Boden getting royalties off of showing Greed over and over again...

But at any rate, it looks like Twenty-One's about as close as we're getting to a B&E show back on GSN.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2003, 03:36:33 PM by ilb4ever2000 »

Timsterino

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2003, 06:19:20 PM »
[quote name=\'parliboy\' date=\'Jul 8 2003, 02:29 PM\'] I just wanna say that this 21 pick-up makes me believe that think Phil Gurin is getting way too much influence within GSN.  You just know he was a catalyst behind this, and it's REALLY starting to irk me that programming choices are being made in this way.

Yeah, I know, I'm a hopeless idealist.  Sue me. [/quote]
 I too have thought about that. What can we do? I am glad to see \"Twenty-One\" again (I never caught the PAX re-runs) but I hope it is not a long term renewal.

Tim :-)

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2003, 08:25:37 PM »
I'm of the opinion that GSN just wants recent reruns, I don't think it is because certain people get royalties.  Wouldn't \"Think Twice\" be on the sked if there were some ulterior motive?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

TonicBH

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2003, 04:48:52 AM »
Hey, it could be worse: They might bring back a Fleming-era original, like AN3aC. ;)

(What's funny is that AN3aC was a Gurin product...)
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.