Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Coming to a PC near you?  (Read 2751 times)

DrJWJustice

Coming to a PC near you?
« on: May 12, 2004, 02:04:43 AM »
I suspect the answer to the question is not "no" but "HELL NO!", but I've had a few poeple ask me lately if there is any shot of a Super Millionaire CD-ROM game in the future.  Is there anyone on here "in the know" who knows for sure what the answer is?

I'd say "Hell no" on the grounds that the market was oversaturated with the original WWTBAM games when the show was over-exposed the first time around, and there are still sets out there that still sit collecting dust on the shelves.

inturnaround

Coming to a PC near you?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2004, 02:07:08 AM »
I'd think it wouldn't be too difficult as the engine was built for the first game. All you'd have to do it tweak it to add the new lifelines and write the questions for it.

I wonder if there is an existing licensing agreement that would cover Super Millionaire.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

Craig Karlberg

Coming to a PC near you?
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2004, 04:55:48 AM »
I'm sure the licensing agreement is intact here.  As for the engine, it's basically a modification of the original with new tweaks & enhancements that would be built in.  My guess as to the possibility of such a game would probably be a wait & see attitude here.  Knowing the uncertainty of SM after this run, I'm not sure if it does come to fruition.

zachhoran

Coming to a PC near you?
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2004, 08:18:35 AM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'May 12 2004, 01:07 AM\'] I'd think it wouldn't be too difficult as the engine was built for the first game. All you'd have to do it tweak it to add the new lifelines and write the questions for it.

I wonder if there is an existing licensing agreement that would cover Super Millionaire. [/quote]
 I suspect we're more likely to see a CD-Rom of Millionaire with Meredith hosting than we are to see a Super Millionaire CD-Rom with Regis hosting. Meredith's version will be back in Fall, and no word on what will happen to Super Millionaire after this month's run.

sotcfan2004

Coming to a PC near you?
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2004, 04:54:24 PM »
On a semi-related note, Pacdude Games is preparing to release 'Super Generic Quiz Game' (essentially a Super Millionaire Knock-off) on May 16th, the same day that Super Millionaire returns.  While it's not exactly identical, it's the next best thing.

johnnyd1788

Coming to a PC near you?
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2004, 07:08:21 PM »
It's going to be a fun game! The night of SM, go to the website and log into the chatroom and you can make fun of the contestants or whatever...
Then, after SM, Pacdude will release his game!
BTW, the website is...
www.pacdudegames.com
John

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Coming to a PC near you?
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2004, 08:02:43 PM »
Hey, this guy is definitely worth a look, folks. Cool Flash games, and good use of prexisting and original music for the themes. Very neat!
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

DrJWJustice

Coming to a PC near you?
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2004, 08:46:26 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'May 12 2004, 07:02 PM\'] Hey, this guy is definitely worth a look, folks. Cool Flash games, and good use of prexisting and original music for the themes. Very neat! [/quote]
 AND very addictive!

sshuffield70

Coming to a PC near you?
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2004, 08:56:13 PM »
Hell, I'd be glad to add a link when my site is ready.  That's really good.

BrandonFG

Coming to a PC near you?
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2004, 09:19:34 PM »
Clock Game is lots of fun, and I love how Pacdude altered Millionaire just to avoid legal issues. :-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Craig Karlberg

Coming to a PC near you?
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2004, 05:13:56 AM »
Yeah, he has a good selection of games outside of Flashgames.  His new release "Take Your Pick" features a 5X5 board that reminds me of the Wired World Challenge on TechTV's Call For Help show.  This game is much diffrent that the one on TechTV because you keep picking #s from 1-25 untill one of 4 things happen:

1.  Finding WIN on the FIRST PICK results in a jackpot win that starts at $25,000 & grows untill won.

2.  Finding a WIN after hitting a few dollar amounts results in a $5,000 increase in score.

3.  Reaching $5,000 without finding the WIN square.

4.  Finding a LOSE square wiping out your score.

When I first played it, I hit the WIN on my FIRST pick!  WOW!

sshuffield70

Coming to a PC near you?
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2004, 07:26:45 PM »
Oddly enough (and Pacdude wouldn't have known this if I hadn't said anything), it looked kind of close to one game I've been working on since the late '80s.

familyfeudfan

Coming to a PC near you?
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2004, 11:45:49 PM »
[quote name=\'DrJWJustice\' date=\'May 12 2004, 01:04 AM\'] I suspect the answer to the question is not "no" but "HELL NO!", but I've had a few poeple ask me lately if there is any shot of a Super Millionaire CD-ROM game in the future.  Is there anyone on here "in the know" who knows for sure what the answer is?

I'd say "Hell no" on the grounds that the market was oversaturated with the original WWTBAM games when the show was over-exposed the first time around, and there are still sets out there that still sit collecting dust on the shelves. [/quote]
The original was great. SM would be even better.

pacdude

Coming to a PC near you?
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2004, 10:02:05 PM »
I'm lurking, and I thank you for all your kind words. If you guys want, link me to your site and send me a e-mail or something, and I'll link you right back.