Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN's new sked starting June 14th......  (Read 10696 times)

tyshaun1

GSN's new sked starting June 14th......
« on: May 13, 2004, 08:03:53 PM »
Here are the changes in a nutshell:

Fake-A-Date is gone completely
Family Feud on Sat. nights is bye-bye
$100,000 Pyramid is out
Hollywood Squares reduced to weekends @ 10:30
Star Search weekdays @ 11AM and 7PM
Match Game and Lingo from 6-7 PM except on Saturdays
Dog Eat Dog weekdays @ 9pm
Mole reduced to Sundays @ 11PM
Street Smarts weekdays @ 11PM, 9PM Saturdays

Everything else pretty much remains the same (including BB, Match Game, and PYL on weekends)

Tyshaun
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 08:51:08 PM by tyshaun1 »

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 08:08:23 PM »
[quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'May 13 2004, 07:03 PM\'] Here are the changes in a nutshell:

$100,000 Pyramid is out
Dog Eat Dog weekdays @ 8pm

Everything else pretty much remains the same (including BB, Match Game, and PYL on weekends)

Tyshaun [/quote]
 What about 6-7PM on Saturdays, what is on at that time come mid-June? Sucks about Pyramid and Squares(but considering how many damn times those two seasons of $100K have been run, it's not as painful I guess). Is Card Sharks still on weekends?

tyshaun1

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 08:48:25 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'May 13 2004, 07:08 PM\'] [quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'May 13 2004, 07:03 PM\'] Here are the changes in a nutshell:

$100,000 Pyramid is out
Dog Eat Dog weekdays @ 8pm

Tyshaun [/quote]
What about 6-7PM on Saturdays, what is on at that time come mid-June? Sucks about Pyramid and Squares(but considering how many damn times those two seasons of $100K have been run, it's not as painful I guess). Is Card Sharks still on weekends? [/quote]
Yes, CS is still on (Hence, why I said everything else remains the same). I believe Average Joe takes the Sat. 6-7 slot, but I'm not sure, since I didn't pay too close attention to the slot for obvious reasons ;).

Tyshaun
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 08:49:37 PM by tyshaun1 »

zachhoran

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2004, 09:06:57 PM »
[quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'May 13 2004, 07:48 PM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'May 13 2004, 07:08 PM\'] [quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'May 13 2004, 07:03 PM\'] Here are the changes in a nutshell:

Yes, CS is still on (Hence, why I said everything else remains the same). I believe Average Joe takes the Sat. 6-7 slot, but I'm not sure, since I didn't pay too close attention to the slot for obvious reasons ;).

Tyshaun [/quote]
 I'm so glad I asked :) I'm surprised to see Blockbusters staying with Pyramid gone(even if $100K needs a rest, though the 1985-86 season hasn't been seen in four years other than a tourney or two during a marathon). I wonder if they'll keep with MG76 in the 6PM MG slot and give MGPM a rest...

cmjb13

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2004, 09:16:18 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'May 13 2004, 09:06 PM\'] [quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'May 13 2004, 07:48 PM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'May 13 2004, 07:08 PM\'] [quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'May 13 2004, 07:03 PM\'] Here are the changes in a nutshell:

Tyshaun [/QUOTE]
I'm so glad I asked :) I'm surprised to see Blockbusters staying with Pyramid gone(even if $100K needs a rest, though the 1985-86 season hasn't been seen in four years other than a tourney or two during a marathon). I wonder if they'll keep with MG76 in the 6PM MG slot and give MGPM a rest... [/quote]
 How much longer is left until the episodes with Kyle Aletter air?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

zachhoran

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2004, 09:29:10 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'May 13 2004, 08:16 PM\']
How much longer is left until the episodes with Kyle Aletter air? [/quote]
 They didn't start until mid-to-late August 1988(when Lacey took her leave). We have three or four months to go before they get that far. In April 2002(11:30AM EST second rotation consisting of six months of episodes from 1988) and September 2003(Vertivision), GSN got very close to Kyle's time on CS in the rotation when those airings were axed, but I don't believe ever got to any of the episodes.

tvmitch

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2004, 09:31:36 PM »
Although I fear that this "rest" we're all talking about means "never to be seen again until GSN2."
You should follow me on Twitter

JacksonBrowne1980

• I Played With The Toys At My Schools
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2004, 09:35:09 PM »
you're right, mitchgroff, GSN should make a GSN2 with classics.
Erik "Taz" Mokracek

"Well, I Guess You Have To Be 35 Before Anyone Around Here Listens To You" - Alex Pruitt From "Home Alone 3"

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2004, 09:38:41 PM »
[quote name=\'JacksonBrowne1980\' date=\'May 13 2004, 08:35 PM\'] you're right, mitchgroff, GSN should make a GSN2 with classics. [/quote]
 Yes, they should.  No, they won't.

Doug -- and the countdown to 500 continues
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2004, 10:27:41 PM »
[quote name=\'JacksonBrowne1980\' date=\'May 13 2004, 08:35 PM\'] you're right, mitchgroff, GSN should make a GSN2 with classics. [/quote]
 Mitch didn't say that at all....
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Vgmastr

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2004, 10:38:04 PM »
My one worry was that the Mole was going to be taken off the schedule, as I'm having a ball rewatching the first season.  I'm glad to see it's still there, even if it's only on Sunday nights.  Hopefully they keep it on the schedule long even to get through both civilian seasons.

CaseyAbell

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2004, 09:17:48 AM »
I was worried a little about Mole, too. I'm not watching the first civvie series because I know the outcome. But I'd like the see the second civvie and celeb versions. I'm afraid the show isn't getting very good numbers, though. Otherwise, it wouldn't have gotten booted out of prime time and exiled to late night Sunday.

Speaking of the numbers, it looks like the Prof's dump on KvS was more editorializing than an objective view of the ratings. The Canadian duo will get two prime time slots on the new schedule. If KvS were really tanking as badly as the Prof hoped/reported, it would have gone the way of Fake-a-Date and the video games block.

And speaking of the complete new schedule:

http://adlink.com/resource_center/programm...04&endtime=1770

Have to admit I don't understand the GSN2 idea. What exactly would go on this channel, assuming a launch was economically feasible? Even after June 14 GSN is full of classics: LMAD, Feud, CS, Jeopardy, H2, Blockbusters, MG, PYL, WoF, LC, WL, Millionaire, NG, Greed, WML, Password, BtC.

The new channel would either have to duplicate many of these shows, or haul out extreme rarities that might thrill the hardcores but get thoroughly negligible numbers with the great unwashed teevee audience. Seems to me that the new channel would either fold fast or become a clone of much of the current GSN sched.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2004, 11:32:52 AM by CaseyAbell »

Pyramid80

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2004, 10:16:58 AM »
[quote name=\'CaseyAbell\' date=\'May 14 2004, 07:17 AM\'] Have to admit I don't understand the GSN2 idea. What exactly would go on this channel, assuming a launch was economically feasible? Even after June 14 GSN is full of classics: LMAD, Feud, CS, Jeopardy, H2, Blockbusters, MG, PYL, WoF, LC, WL, Millionaire, NG, Greed, WML, Password, BtC. [/quote]
 Casey since you are not a hardcore classic fan you will never understand these type of things.  Just like some of us don't understand your fascination with some of the current programs on GSN.  It is just one of those things that can't be explained.  You like what you like and we like what we like.  Just as simple as that.

CaseyAbell

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2004, 10:30:46 AM »
No, what I don't understand is what GSN2 would show. If the network tried to dig up, I dunno, Treasure Hunt and Whew and Bullseye, it would get test-pattern numbers and quickly fold - if it could get carriage from any cable operators in the first place.

So GSN2 would be forced to program much better-known shows like Millionaire and Match Game and Feud and Jeopardy, etc. And at that point it starts looking a lot like the current GSN. So what's the point of a separate channel?

Twenty years down the road there will probably be so many channels that these considerations will be irrelevant. But right now I don't see how GSN2 could get by without showing much of the same stuff currently on GSN.

By the way, if you can't understand my "fascination" with a game show like Blackjack, you can't understand anybody's fascination with any game show. Terrific suspense, interesting gameplay, entertaining contestants, intelligent and funny hosts...do I really have to explain this?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2004, 10:53:04 AM by CaseyAbell »

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2004, 10:52:10 AM »
I envision a GSN2 as a haven for older, traditional game show programming.  It would be similar to the Nick GAS and MTV/VH1 video channel prototype.  No ads except those for the parent network.  There would be no need for ratings because there would be no ads.  It would be included free to cable operators in a package with GSN1.  All of the greats and not-so-greats would be here.  Some of you here may not be able to remember the old USA game show block, but they used to take virtually any available game show that originally ran 20 weeks or longer and run it for several cycles and they had a 10 year game show block.  Sometimes, if you put a show on, people will watch.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.