Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: British game-show clips galore....  (Read 1884 times)

aaron sica

British game-show clips galore....
« on: May 11, 2004, 09:27:37 AM »
Stumbled upon this today:

http://www.tv-ark.org.uk

Look for a "game shows" link on the left...

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2004, 10:49:00 AM »
You are SOOOO Late. :-)

I've been visiting that site for quite some time, and you'll have look around for some other clips of game shows (there's a later era clip of countdown and Bruce's play your card right).
insert signature here

aaron sica

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2004, 10:50:27 AM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'May 11 2004, 10:49 AM\'] You are SOOOO Late. :-)

I've been visiting that site for quite some time, and you'll have look around for some other clips of game shows (there's a later era clip of countdown and Bruce's play your card right). [/quote]
 I know a lot of sites, but that's the first I've ever heard of that one. It goes way beyond game shows, of course....Very neat site.

uncamark

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2004, 12:08:00 PM »
And spend some time on many of the other pages, especially the "main" and "continuity" pages--you'd be surprised what game show references pop up.

"Next on (whatever ITV channel it was), Leslie Crowther picks six contestants from the audience and awards them with prizes--if 'The Price is Right.'"

Chief-O

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2004, 04:25:48 PM »
Known about this one for quite a while. It is a real cool site. If there's one thing that fascinates me more than American TV, it's British TV.
.....and it goes like this!!!

DrBear

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2004, 05:45:04 PM »
Another goodie is The Continuity Booth, which looks at the announcers that used to link one program to another. There were some excellent clips on the site; unfortunately, they've just gone through a remodeling and have dumped several of the clips, at least for now, to save bandwidth.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

ChuckNet

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2004, 08:46:16 PM »
Great site...and while I commented on the similarities between Criss Cross Quiz (the UK's TTD) and its American counterpart last time around, one item of further note is that it was more successful than the latter, running from 1957-67.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")