Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Super Millionaire phone game malfunction  (Read 10757 times)

Speedy G

Super Millionaire phone game malfunction
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2004, 11:12:32 AM »
Bombed on question 2:

Put these bones in the human body in order from head to toe:

1) Nasal bone
2) Tibia
3) Clavicle
4) Ileum

I forgot whether the tibia was an arm or leg bone, and went with an arm bone and 1324, instead of the right answer 1342.
Solar-powered flashlight, hour 4 of the Today show, the Purple Parrots.  *rips open envelope, blows into it*

starcade

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2004, 08:08:10 PM »
Must...  listen... to... ordering... criteria...

Got only one right tonight as a result...

1) Levels of education in the order they are normally completed, earliest first...

1) HS
2) Kindergarden
3) elementary
4) Junior High

2)  States in order of area, smallest first

1) Nevada
2) Alaska
3) New York
4) Texas

I know Alaska is the largest state in the union and ...

Dammit -- I just realized I put it first and reversed the order...

Try again tomorrow night...

Mike

jlmarr

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2004, 08:20:50 PM »
Struck out on Q4, American novels starting with the earliest:

1) Catcher in the Rye
2) Torrents of Spring
3) A Time To Kill
4) Carrie

I think the correct order is 2-1-4-3 after taking a quick peek at Amazon.

Prior to that, Q3, actors birth, earliest:

1) Jude Law
2) Bruce Lee
3) Spike Lee
4) Beonce

I think I put 2-3-1-4

Yesterday struck out on Q2, canals, earliest:

Suez
Erie
Panama
Love

I think the order above is correct, can't remember what I entered.

zachhoran

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2004, 08:35:20 PM »
[quote name=\'jlmarr\' date=\'May 12 2004, 07:20 PM\'] Yesterday struck out on Q2, canals, earliest:

Suez
Erie
Panama
Love

I think the order above is correct, can't remember what I entered. [/quote]
 Erie came 40 or so years before Suez. As per a Google search, Love was partially dug by the 1890s, the economic depression of that time kept it from being fully dug. Panama was opened by the early 1900s. Erie-Suez-Love-Panama is more than likely the correct order.

MarkSDavies

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2004, 09:34:35 PM »
I just hate blowing up on the first question -

Put the following in order of decibel level, starting with the lowest

1 Jet taking off
2 Subway
3 Conversation
4 Typewriter

(quick thought - man those last 2 are close - let's try
4-3-2-1)

"I'm sorry, that is incorrect...."

These guys have obviously never heard the conversation level outside my cubicle.

Mark Davies

BrandonFG

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2004, 10:28:50 PM »
Got to question two, but because my damn cell phone gets piss poor reception in the house, I didn't even hear the first answer.

Put these fictional doctors in order of introduction, starting with earliest:

A. ?????
B. Jekyll
C. Zhivago
D. Faustiss

MORAL: Use the house phone. :-P
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

jlmarr

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2004, 12:09:29 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'May 12 2004, 04:35 PM\'][quote name=\'jlmarr\' date=\'May 12 2004, 07:20 PM\'] Yesterday struck out on Q2, canals, earliest:

Suez
Erie
Panama
Love

I think the order above is correct, can't remember what I entered. [/quote]
Erie came 40 or so years before Suez. As per a Google search, Love was partially dug by the 1890s, the economic depression of that time kept it from being fully dug. Panama was opened by the early 1900s. Erie-Suez-Love-Panama is more than likely the correct order.[/quote]
I should correct my original post so nobody is led astray here.  The Love Canal entry was actually "the formation of the Love Canal Homeowners Association", which I presumed to be historically recent since the toxicity lawsuits occurred in the last few decades.  After Googling a bit it looks like the LCHA was formed in 1978, so that moves Love Canal back to the #4 position.  I'll trust Zach's research and hope I haven't left out any other key phrases ;-)  So make it Erie-Suez-Panama-Love.

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2004, 05:01:58 AM »
Congratulations to rigsby for making the contestan pool.  For everyone else, today is Round 4 in this go-round.  Good luck!

starcade

« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2004, 07:28:49 PM »
Mark Davies:

Got the same question in the February series and missed it too!!!

(The decibel one.)

And I gave the same order.

starcade

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2004, 09:51:38 PM »
And as for tonight's attempt:

Q1:  Words to form a 1999 movie drama title:

1) Cider
2) Rules
3) The
4) House

The Cider House Rules

Q2:  International seas in order from Mexico and going East:

1) Japan Sea
2) Caspian Sea
3) Mediterrenean Sea
4) Caribbean

4-3-2-1

Q3: Books in order of 1st publication, earliest first:

1) Love Story
2) Sophie's Choice
3) Dr. Zhivago
4) Joy Luck Club

And I was surprised at first that I knew of all four of these books on the third question like this!!!  Then I was worried that I might flip LS and SC...

3-1-2-4 got me to...

Q4:  #1 songs in the order of their charting at #1, earliest first...

1) Like a Virgin
2) I Will Survive
3) Baby Got Back
4) No Scrubs

Good grief!!  That's a "Question Two"!!!

2-1-3-4 for 70s-80s-90s-00s...

Q5:  States in the order of their Electoral College votes with the most votes first:

1) North Dakota
2) Connecticut
3) Massachusetts
4) Texas

I was beginning to get some nerves here, and was a little scared that Conn. might actually have more, closer to the NYC Metro Area.

4-3-2-1 got the congratulatory note -- I'm in the tape pool for May 18th, and Sunday morning will be when I would get the call if I were to get the call.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2004, 10:53:14 PM »
[quote name=\'starcade\' date=\'May 13 2004, 08:51 PM\'] 4-3-2-1 got the congratulatory note -- I'm in the tape pool for May 18th, and Sunday morning will be when I would get the call if I were to get the call. [/quote]
 Intersting that they have a 4-3-2-1 as an answer. I got one that I *thought* was 4-3-2-1 on a question about a snake, but thought they never used 1-2-3-4 or 4-3-2-1, and entered it incorrectly. Guess I'll remember this from now on...
--Mark
Phil 4:13

zachhoran

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2004, 11:03:39 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'May 13 2004, 09:53 PM\'] [quote name=\'starcade\' date=\'May 13 2004, 08:51 PM\'] 4-3-2-1 got the congratulatory note -- I'm in the tape pool for May 18th, and Sunday morning will be when I would get the call if I were to get the call. [/quote]
Intersting that they have a 4-3-2-1 as an answer. I got one that I *thought* was 4-3-2-1 on a question about a snake, but thought they never used 1-2-3-4 or 4-3-2-1, and entered it incorrectly. Guess I'll remember this from now on... [/quote]
 They've never AFAIK used 1-2-3-4 as the correct order of answers on the phone game. Only once or twice was ABCD the correct order in an FF round on the show. Rob Gelbman's FF question win(arranging fractions in order low to high) was IIRC a case where ABCD was the correct order.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2004, 11:03:43 PM »
Got to the 3rd question the previous 2 nights, bombing on dances (which also caused problems with me in February's qualification) and another subject, which I don't recall right now.  Tonight's result...

1st question:  Arrange "Islands in the Stream" in order.

2nd question:  Arrange historical events in order from oldest to most recent--Lincoln-Douglas debates, French-Indian War, Lewis and Clark expedition, and some tariff.  I didn't even hear what the name of the tariff was.  I went French-Indian, Lewis-Clark, Lincoln-Douglas, and the tariff and was right.  The tariff had a hyphenated name and was after 1860.

3rd question--Arrange U.S. cities from north to south--St. Paul, Santa Fe, Sioux Falls, San Diego  (St. Paul, Sioux Falls, Santa Fe, San Diego)

4th question--Place world holidays in order of where they are in the year, starting with January 1--Boxing Day, Bastille Day, Tet, Thanksgiving  (Tet, Bastille Day, Thanksgiving, Boxing Day)

5th question--Arrange these segments of a circle in order, starting with the smallest.  What luck.  The math major gets a math question. :-D  Answers:  sextant, octant, semicircle, quadrant.  (octant, sextant, quadrant, semicircle)

I'm in the pool for the 17th.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 11:08:43 PM by hmtriplecrown »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2004, 11:37:45 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'May 13 2004, 08:03 PM\'] They've never AFAIK used 1-2-3-4 as the correct order of answers on the phone game. [/quote]
 Which shows once again that you know very little, as I had a 1-2-3-4 in the last session of the phone game.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2004, 05:19:43 AM »
Now the quallifiers are pilling up here.  Three more winners last night.  Way to go guys.

With the addition of 2 more episodes, 2 more tape dates will more likely be added to the date selection pool.  Today is Round 5 of this session.  Good luck!