The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Ray Combs

<< < (11/11)

clemon79:
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'May 14 2004, 09:33 AM\'] There are a few people (including you) that I would never filter - when I refresh and see one of those people made the last post, I actually get a little excited - especially in a thread where there are not-so-intelligent contributions just waiting to be beat down (and subsequently are). [/quote]
 And I appreciate that (although your reactions to my posts in the privacy of your own home are entirely your business ;)), but I realize some people can't hack it, and I think it's great that at some point we'll all have that choice.

tvwxman:
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'May 14 2004, 11:33 AM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'May 14 2004, 11:58 AM\'] (And at the same time I have no doubt that I'll be disappearing from a few users boards, making it more enjoyable for them. Doesn't bother me, frankly.)
 [/quote]
What I'm about to say may get me laughed out of the place....

There are a few people (including you) that I would never filter - when I refresh and see one of those people made the last post, I actually get a little excited - especially in a thread where there are not-so-intelligent contributions just waiting to be beat down (and subsequently are). [/quote]
 I have to say, mainly since I'm guilty of the above comment, that it is an added bonus of playing along in this forum....

Gosh, if all we had here was intelligent conversation, what fun would that be...and for that matter, would i stlll be invited?

Probably not...

Oh well...back to inflicting the masses with my version of 'journalism'....

:) Matt

tcombs1695:
What in the heck is going on in here> I thought this was supposed to be a place to talk and enjoy. Not argue and bicker. Aren't we all adults? Come on people lets act like we have some common sense and not like our children in chat rooms fighting. Lets rise above name calling . If I can rise above people saying my brother crawled into a 2x4 closet hung himself on a clost bar that was to collapse and break under the pressure of 35lbs and still convserse with all of you nice people that assumed he was bipoplar because a bowling partner said so. I think you can do a little bit to forgive each other. I have been through 2 brain surgeries since Raymond's passing and I have a 10 year old daughter and a 7 year old son that try my patience every day and I don't take one moment for granted. OK well maybe one moment a day crap sometimes there are two but lets just put our diferences behind and guite the bickering.
~Toni Combs

zachhoran:
[quote name=\'tcombs1695\' date=\'May 16 2004, 06:51 PM\'] What in the heck is going on in here> I thought this was supposed to be a place to talk and enjoy. Not argue and bicker. Aren't we all adults? Come on people lets act like we have some common sense and not like our children in chat rooms fighting. Lets rise above name calling . If I can rise above people saying my brother crawled into a 2x4 closet hung himself on a clost bar that was to collapse and break under the pressure of 35lbs and still convserse with all of you nice people that assumed he was bipoplar because a bowling partner said so. I think you can do a little bit to forgive each other. I have been through 2 brain surgeries since Raymond's passing and I have a 10 year old daughter and a 7 year old son that try my patience every day and I don't take one moment for granted. OK well maybe one moment a day crap sometimes there are two but lets just put our diferences behind and guite the bickering.
~Toni Combs [/quote]
 Toni,

Sorry to hear about what you've been through in recent years. As far as the bickering, there are certain people who have issues with me and certain other people on this board. We try to keep the bashing in here to a minimum at the requests of our gracious hosts; it is nowhere near as bad as it got on Alt.tv.game-shows around 2001 and 2002(you posted there a few times regarding Ray as I recall). The "Ignore User" option will appear on the upcoming update to this board's software, which will probably eliminate some of the bashing, as people who are so inclined can click "Ignore User" on the people that they consider unliked.

whewfan:
I'll have to admit that as much as Ray didn't really like the format of Family Challenge, he did do his very best to inject his humor into the show.

This may be along the lines of "creepy", but one Family Challenge moment I remember was a challenge where a family had to decipher phrases that were written backwards. Ray gave the microphone to the youngest family member, only 5 years old. She got so excited when she solved her phrase, she threw the microphone back at Ray. The microphone flew into the air and hit Ray right on the forehead. Ray, undaunted by the gash on his forehead, faced the camera and said "well, a little blood couldn't hurt anyone!" He went to commercial, and Ray, now had a band aid on his forehead, explained that he forgot the advice Bob Barker gave him which was "NEVER let the contestant have the microphone!"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version