Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Yahtzee  (Read 2245 times)

adamjk

Yahtzee
« on: May 07, 2004, 07:27:06 PM »
I saw the promo for it at JRJ games site, and I'm curious as to how this game worked? I saw some celebs with cards ala Match Game, and I am assuming that Match Game had something to do with the main game. Can someone help me out?

PeterMarshallFan

Yahtzee
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 07:37:17 PM »
From memory:

there were two teams made up of three players, who usually shared a common bond [think Hot Potato] One team selected a question from six possibilities, and the five celebs wrote their answers [the questions were usually along the lines of MG6x] Each player gave one response to try to match one star, meaning two players answered twice. The opposing team played a question as well. The team who scored more matches in a round rolled five dice, which were regular save for one side that was wild. If they got a Yahtzee, they won right there. If not, they could hold over some dice to help make a Yahtzee in later rounds. The game was played until either team got a Yahtzee together, or all six questions were up, at which point the team closer to a Yahtzee won.

In the bonus, the team selected one letter in the word "YAHTZEE" to determine their prize [$5000, $10000, or $25000] One question was played, and for each match they got a roll. If they got a Yahtzee on their first roll, they won $100,000. If not, they could win the selected amount by getting a Yahtzee within their earned rolls. Later, this was changed to a first roll Yahtzee doubling the amount and five Wilds earning the $100k.

adamjk

Yahtzee
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 08:02:39 PM »
Now, were the celebs informed of the answers to questions before hand, meaning they each choose one of the right ones, or did they each put different or in some cases the same answers?

zachhoran

Yahtzee
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2004, 08:09:45 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'May 7 2004, 06:37 PM\'] Each player gave one response to try to match one star, meaning two players answered twice. [/quote]
 Each player only got one chance to match a celeb, at least that's how it was played on the episode from early in the run on the trading circuit(the one where the
1295 to 1 odds are bucked and a team wins $100K for getting five WILD dice in the bonus round)

zachhoran

Yahtzee
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2004, 08:12:07 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'May 7 2004, 07:02 PM\'] Now, were the celebs informed of the answers to questions before hand, meaning they each choose one of the right ones, or did they each put different or in some cases the same answers? [/quote]
 THey might have been informed of some or all of the question material beforehand(a la Squares), but wrote down their answers after Peter read the question on air. Celebrities wrote their answers independently of one another IIRC.

adamjk

Yahtzee
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2004, 08:25:09 PM »
Were there any regulars?

tvwxman

Yahtzee
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2004, 08:29:20 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'May 7 2004, 07:25 PM\'] Were there any regulars? [/quote]
 I sure didn't feel regular after watching it.

Seriously, Larry Hovis was on there alot (not that there were many episodes for him to miss)....and wasn't he announcing from his desk too?

Match Game + dice +  Hovis  doesn't = the television equivalent of Ex-Lax...but it was close!

Matt
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

adamjk

Yahtzee
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2004, 08:50:09 PM »
How many episodes were there?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Yahtzee
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2004, 09:08:11 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'May 7 2004, 05:50 PM\'] How many episodes were there? [/quote]
 Jesus, but you sure ask a lot of damn questions.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

adamjk

Yahtzee
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2004, 09:12:56 PM »
So what? Is it so wrong to be curious?

sshuffield70

Yahtzee
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2004, 09:25:21 PM »
Lemme just say this.  I recall "Yahtzee" being January to September, 1988.  And there might have been reruns.  So you do the math.

rugrats1

Yahtzee
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2004, 10:21:52 PM »
Chris Lambert has a page on Yahtzee (no pictures, though) here:

http://www.chris-lambert.com/RULES/Yahtzee.html

BrandonFG

Yahtzee
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2004, 04:41:10 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'May 7 2004, 08:12 PM\'] So what? Is it so wrong to be curious? [/quote]
 No, but if you're going to ask so many questions, just put them all in the same post.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

adamjk

Yahtzee
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2004, 04:54:08 PM »
I didn't think of asking the questions till after I had posted, I guess that's what the edit button is for lol

Clay Zambo

Yahtzee
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2004, 11:22:40 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'May 7 2004, 06:27 PM\'] I saw the promo for it at JRJ games site, and I'm curious as to how this game worked? [/quote]
 It didn't work.
czambo@mac.com