Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Just for fun....  (Read 9726 times)

DrBear

Just for fun....
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2003, 05:06:46 PM »
Well, you could always take Letterman's \"Will It Float?\" and turn it into a half-hour game. (Wasn't the BBC's \"Is It Buoyant?\" a half-hour?)  And it would still be better than some of the originals GSN had turned out in the past.
Hey, I'd watch for a half-hour of the Grinder Girl.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Esoteric Eric

Just for fun....
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2003, 12:55:52 AM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Jul 8 2003, 11:01 AM\']This sort of reminds me of this TPIR dream...
(snip)
...the game the contestant played was called \"Can You pull this bar apart?\" It was on a squeeze play-esque podium (it was red) and all the contestant had to do was pull a U-shaped bar back into a straight line for $10,000.[/quote]

THIS reminds ME of one of my oddest dreams; it wasn't a game SHOW, but it WAS a contest.

The dream took place in the Broadway Market in Seattle, fabled in Rolling Stone magazine as the mall with a heroin-dealer-ridden apartment complex on the upper floors.  But I digress...

The contest (sponsored by Coca-Cola!) involved a network of ropes, from which several young black-leotard-clad women of various weights hung by their wrists. (Honest!) As the dream turned out, the object was to pull a certain rope, which would move the women to a point where the balance / imbalance would force the clasps around the womens' wrists open, dropping them to the padded floor.   I did just that, the women dropped, and I won the five-million-dollar prize.  (Then I woke up, checked the state Lotto numbers, and found that I'd won... nothing.)

Esoteric Eric... Then there was the dream where I was filling in for Shadoe Stevens on the Davidson version of HSq...
Eric Smallman; "...I don't think God ever forgave me for Phyllis Newman..." - "Jimmy Carter" (Dan Aykroyd), SNL, 1976

Robert Hutchinson

Just for fun....
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2003, 01:38:53 AM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Jul 8 2003, 04:06 PM\']Well, you could always take Letterman's \"Will It Float?\" and turn it into a half-hour game. (Wasn't the BBC's \"Is It Buoyant?\" a half-hour?)  And it would still be better than some of the originals GSN had turned out in the past.
Hey, I'd watch for a half-hour of the Grinder Girl.[/quote]
To better please syndicators, you could make it an optional hour-long \"Will It Float?--Hairpiece/Not a Hairpiece Hour\". The final bonus round? That's right, they drop a toupee in the tank.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

GS Warehouse

Just for fun....
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2003, 10:47:26 AM »
How about this: contestants perform stunts that no sane person would ever dream of doing, like eating animal organs.

What?  That's been done?

edholland83

Just for fun....
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2003, 11:11:12 AM »
This Idea I have is in response to the cut-throat ways that game shows may end up, I had an idea for people to solve there differences, I've only got the openning spiel but I think it's pretty funny. others opinions might differ:

From Television City in Hollywood, It's the game where no good deed goes unrewarded,
and no bad one goes unpunished, It's the game where payback's a bitch! It's time for....

(In WOF Audience Style)

Beat....The....Knees!

You know I really haven't thought about how game play would go, but i'd thought you might get a laugh out of it

PeterMarshallFan

Just for fun....
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2003, 11:13:35 AM »
[quote name=\'Esoteric Eric\' date=\'Jul 8 2003, 11:55 PM\'] Esoteric Eric... Then there was the dream where I was filling in for Shadoe Stevens on the Davidson version of HSq... [/quote]
 Were you in a square? I'd say you're a lucky man, but you could have been sitting next to Jm J.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Just for fun....
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2003, 11:50:47 AM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Jul 9 2003, 08:13 AM\'] you could have been sitting next to Jm J. [/quote]
 And what exactly is wrong with that?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PeterMarshallFan

Just for fun....
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2003, 12:05:04 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 9 2003, 10:50 AM\'] [quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Jul 9 2003, 08:13 AM\'] you could have been sitting next to Jm J. [/quote]
And what exactly is wrong with that? [/quote]
He could go nuts again, like his smashing that glass.

Not like there's not a chance that was scripted but who knows? All I know is some of the weird stuff that happened with him, I'd want to get out of the way.

Or you could have been next to Joan Rivers. :)

Don Howard

Just for fun....
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2003, 12:20:05 PM »
My Bud Light-induced inspiration once upon a time
was called Drinking For Dollars. I've forgotten
the rules we came up with--they disappeared along
with the brain cells.

PeterMarshallFan

Just for fun....
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2003, 12:22:22 PM »
How about a show where amateur talent comes on and the emcee acts like a nutjob---wait......

Adam Nedeff

Just for fun....
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2003, 03:10:11 PM »
I was wondering if anyone on this group can come up with a premise for an original game show so incredibly stupid, it's laughable....

Once, while delirious from fever and attempting to fall asleep, I came up with a...um...brilliant, let's say...premise for a game show called \"All-Star Damn It!\" that was basically the same as \"Celebrity Sweepstakes, with the exception that if a contestant was behind, they were allowed one chance (and only one chance) to yell \"Damn it!\" The emcee would then read a series of true-false questions with correct answers worth $25 and wrong answers costing $100. Bonus game was the \"Balls Ahoy!\" round, where the contestant stood on a greased platform and tried to answer questions about the celebrities. If they gave a wrong answer, the celebrity threw a dodgeball at them. If the contestant could give 10 correct answers before the end of 45 seconds, or before falling over, whichever came first, they won one of 100 envelopes, which could be hiding anything from an oyster mallet to a somewhat larger oyster mallet.

It was, as I recall, a really bad fever.

J.R.

Just for fun....
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2003, 08:17:24 PM »
Hey, I got this weird idea for a show.

You know shows are allways worried about someone discovering all of the answers and rig the game. Well, the show I've come-up with gives all the contestants the answers outright, but the wrinkls is that they must come up with the answer's question !! Ha-ha Brilliant ! No ?

And maybe we can get that drunk \"Concentration\" dude to host it ?
-Joe R
-Joe Raygor

PeterMarshallFan

Just for fun....
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2003, 08:59:13 PM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' date=\'Jul 9 2003, 07:17 PM\'] Hey, I got this weird idea for a show.

You know shows are allways worried about someone discovering all of the answers and rig the game. Well, the show I've come-up with gives all the contestants the answers outright, but the wrinkls is that they must come up with the answer's question !! Ha-ha Brilliant ! No ?

And maybe we can get that drunk "Concentration" dude to host it ?
-Joe R [/quote]
 I thought that dude did High Rollers.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Just for fun....
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2003, 10:18:40 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 7 2003, 08:17 AM\'] I predict this is going to turn into yet another really idiotic thread. [/quote]
 Yep. I was right.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

GS Warehouse

Just for fun....
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2003, 10:20:23 PM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' date=\'Jul 9 2003, 07:17 PM\'] You know shows are allways worried about someone discovering all of the answers and rig the game. Well, the show I've come-up with gives all the contestants the answers outright, but the wrinkls is that they must come up with the answer's question !! Ha-ha Brilliant ! No ? [/quote]
[Simon Cowell]Absolutely dreadful.  Wouldn't last 13 weeks.[/Simcow]

OK, here's my second attempt, also unoriginal: how about that American Goodson concept we batted around at ezBoard?  Right now, we're all losing.

Now if you don't mind, it's time for Hit the Buzzer, Win a Cookie.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2003, 10:21:39 PM by GS Warehouse »