Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Just for fun....  (Read 9730 times)

whewfan

Just for fun....
« on: July 07, 2003, 10:53:06 AM »
I was wondering if anyone on this group can come up with a premise for an original game show so incredibly stupid, it's laughable....

Here's one of mine....

How's Your Pet?

Two players play. The Pet Psychic from the Animal Planet channel is your host. A domestic animal is introduced, and three possible scenarios about this pet are read. The contestants must choose the correct scenario to win points. After their choices are made, The Pet Psychic reveals her \"reading\" of that particular pet.

So there you go, two insipid premises in one.... a pet psychic AND a game show devoted to it!

Can anyone do worse?

zachhoran

Just for fun....
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2003, 11:02:52 AM »
You might have given Animal Planet another baaaad idea along the lines of Zooventure and Judge Wapner's Animal Court.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Just for fun....
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2003, 11:17:25 AM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'Jul 7 2003, 07:53 AM\'] I was wondering if anyone on this group can come up with a premise for an original game show so incredibly stupid, it's laughable....
 [/quote]
 Coming up with a bad game show premise takes no skill. Look at how many people succeed in doing it without even trying.

I predict this is going to turn into yet another really idiotic thread.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jimmy Owen

Just for fun....
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2003, 11:22:22 AM »
I thought you were trying to come up with a bad idea.  I would call mine \"I Can't Believe My Pet Did That,\" It would be played similarly to \"Wait Till You Have Kids,\" but with questions on pet psychology.  The end game would have the winning family's pet choose which one of three showcases would be awarded to the family.  Of course, we would have someone from S&P place a bowl of Alpo somewhere in the lowest value showcase (for budgetary reasons).  The preceding was parody, not intended to be taken seriously.  Copyright 2003 Jimmy Owen Productions.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Esoteric Eric

Just for fun....
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2003, 11:45:34 PM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'Jul 7 2003, 07:53 AM\'] I was wondering if anyone on this group can come up with a premise for an original game show so incredibly stupid, it's laughable....
 [/quote]

As Jack Smith used to say... \"You Asked For It!\"

ANNOUNCER: [inhale] \"From Sony Pictures Studios, [inhale] it's the game where I'll have made *$500* [inhale] by the end of this intro! [inhale] Let's all play...\" [inhale]

\"A HUNDRED BUCKS A BREATH!!!\"

I predict this is going to turn into yet another really idiotic thread.

You were right, Chris.

Esoteric Eric; Here's a not-so-stupid one although, again, I only have the intro worked out...

ANNOUNCER: \"It's time for the game people all over the world play every morning, when they open their closets and shout...\"

AUDIENCE (a la WOF]:

\"WHAT'LL...I...WEAR???\"

ANNOUNCER: \"...with the host of 'What'll I Wear?'... ELSA KLENSCH!!!\"
Eric Smallman; "...I don't think God ever forgave me for Phyllis Newman..." - "Jimmy Carter" (Dan Aykroyd), SNL, 1976

DjohnsonCB

Just for fun....
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2003, 12:13:54 AM »
\"From Television City in Hollywood--it's time to play \"Who's Taller?\"
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

Matt Ottinger

Just for fun....
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2003, 12:38:31 AM »
My goofy format was a spoof I did in school (let's not talk about how long ago...) called
Everyone's Always Right!  
It was \"the game show that made you feel good about yourself.\"  We had ridiculously easy questions and -- just in case -- a panel of linguists, mathematicians and (just to be safe) philosophers who made a case for any answer that appeared wrong.  The fun part was an improvisational element where we had audience members try to come up with the most ridiculously wrong answers they could (Q:  What's 2 + 2?  A: Penguins!) just to see how our panel could twist them around into correct ones.  Because... (audience....) \"Everyone's Always Right!\"

Naturally, the game always ended in a tie.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

J.R.

Just for fun....
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2003, 01:27:38 AM »
Here's one for ya !

Gary Kroeger: \"WELCOME TO... CIRCLE RUN !!!!!!!!!\"

Two players compete. The object is to outlast the other player by running around in more circles than the other. Each circle you complete nets you $500, whoever is still standing by the time the other colapses is the winner and gets to keep their money. The loser gets a consolation prize of a Cadillac Coupe DeVille.

In the bonus round the player now has 60 seconds to run around in a circle as many times as they can. Each completed circle is $1000 at the end of the time, they are given the choice to either stop and take the money or risk it all for one last run. If they can complete a circle in 5 seconds, they'll double their money. If not, they'll lose all of their bonus money and must yell to the audience, \"I'm a greedy idiot !\". You can be a champ untill you lose, every 5 games you win, you recieve a new house.

Host: Patrick Wayne

How's THAT for ya !
-Joe R.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2003, 01:34:36 AM by JRaygor »
-Joe Raygor

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Just for fun....
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2003, 01:38:27 AM »
Oh, what the hell.

I'm not sure, but I think a few of you have been introduced to a format of mine I call \"Dumpster Hunt\" (\"LIVE, behild Television City in Hollywood...it's the game that turns trash into cash...THIS...is DUMPSTER HUNT!\")

A couple other titles I've come up with for various school assignements have been the longtime hit \"What's That Smell?\" and the short-lived \"Squish!\"

No, I haven't done a lot of fine-turning, and yes, these are all available for development. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

Just for fun....
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2003, 10:42:52 AM »
Three contestants spin a wheel with some dollar amounts on it. Also on the wheel is a \"Forfeit A Turn\" and \"Lose All Money\" space.  Land on a dollar amount, you call out a consonant that's on the puzzleboard (you have to pay money for the vowels). Whoever solves the puzzle keeps their money, and gets to buy prizes scattered about the stage. Nothing big, just some stuff like ceramic animals, things like that.

I don't have a name for that project, but there's also one where the producers pay someone to go to their job which they hate, and tell their boss off. It's called \"Take This Job and Shove It.\"
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Jimmy Owen

Just for fun....
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2003, 11:21:19 AM »
That sounds like a direct steal of my concept \"Ring of Riches.\"
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

ChuckNet

Just for fun....
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2003, 11:30:57 AM »
I was wondering if anyone on this group can come up with a premise for an original game show so incredibly stupid, it's laughable....

A Goggle search on former ATGS troll Danny Harrisfield's alter ego \"Scott Duran\" should reveal quite a few of those...

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

PeterMarshallFan

Just for fun....
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2003, 11:46:58 AM »
I'm on it, Chuck.

BTW, a \"Goggle\" search? Might want to check that again.

EDIT: Holy crap, Chuck, you weren't kidding. Sad thing is I had an idea for a game remarkably simlar to \"Scott Duran's Slot Machine Party.....\"

Matt, get the TTD90 tapes ready....and throw in Diamond Head while you're at it.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2003, 11:55:09 AM by PeterMarshallFan »

urbanpreppie05

Just for fun....
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2003, 02:01:31 PM »
This sort of reminds me of this TPIR dream...a woman was hosting it, the come on down music was an instrumental version of \"More Bounce to the Ounce\" and the third contestant called down automatically won $100.

Getting back on topic though, the game the contestant played was called \"Can You pull this bar apart?\" It was on a squeeze play-esque podium (it was red) and all the contestant had to do was pull a U-shaped bar back into a straight line for $10,000.  There was dramatic music and everything...I woke up giggling stupidly.
insert signature here

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Just for fun....
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2003, 05:03:06 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jul 8 2003, 12:38 AM\'] Oh, what the hell.

I'm not sure, but I think a few of you have been introduced to a format of mine I call "Dumpster Hunt" ("LIVE, behild Television City in Hollywood...it's the game that turns trash into cash...THIS...is DUMPSTER HUNT!")

A couple other titles I've come up with for various school assignements have been the longtime hit "What's That Smell?" and the short-lived "Squish!"

No, I haven't done a lot of fine-turning, and yes, these are all available for development. :) [/quote]
 But Chris-you forgot-you can find such gems as Superball!
--Mark
Phil 4:13