Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Yeah, we're getting GSN back :)  (Read 9168 times)

Steve McClellan

Yeah, we're getting GSN back :)
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2004, 04:12:29 PM »
[quote name=\'CaseyAbell\' date=\'May 5 2004, 10:58 AM\'] I've already confessed on the GSN board that Cronin pays me seven million dollars to watch the network. [/quote]
Hey! He only pays me $10,000 a year!

...then again, I don't even have to watch the network to get that. ;)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2004, 04:12:44 PM by gameshowsteve »

FeudDude

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2004, 05:49:13 PM »
I actually have no problem with MG and FF only being shown twice a day.  I thought four times a day was overkill.  Of course, I would've preferred if those extra airings had been replaced with more classic game shows rather than the stuff they're putting on now.

JacksonBrowne1980

• I Played With The Toys At My Schools
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2004, 10:56:27 PM »
[quote name=\'FeudDude\' date=\'May 5 2004, 05:49 PM\'] I actually have no problem with MG and FF only being shown twice a day.  I thought four times a day was overkill.  Of course, I would've preferred if those extra airings had been replaced with more classic game shows rather than the stuff they're putting on now. [/quote]
 you're right; GSN should get the rights to more classics.  the classics they should get are merril-heater, mgm, and orbis communications, and kline & friends.
Erik "Taz" Mokracek

"Well, I Guess You Have To Be 35 Before Anyone Around Here Listens To You" - Alex Pruitt From "Home Alone 3"

CaseyAbell

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2004, 08:47:13 AM »
I don't see them running either "Star Search" (if it's the most recent version, and I'll wait until I see a press release before I believe the Perfesser) or "DED" for a real long time in marquee time slots with such short inventories.
The press release is out, and the Prof seems to have gotten everything right:

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories....02167842&EDATE=

In fact, Mr. Steve seems to have more info on the schedule changes than the release contains. Can't know for sure, of course, but maybe he has a source at the network who's feeding him stuff in some kind of effort to slow down GSN's move beyond traditional game shows. He's certainly had very good information on GSN lately.

I agree that the network will burn through all the Star Search and Dog Eat Dog episodes pretty quick. Even with GSN's brutal rerun cycles, something else will have to go into the slots before too long.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2004, 08:48:55 AM by CaseyAbell »

Ian Wallis

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2004, 09:06:16 AM »
I agree that the network will burn through all the Star Search and Dog Eat Dog episodes pretty quick. Even with GSN's brutal rerun cycles, something else will have to go into the slots before too long.

I've never understood why they would run a show with only 26 episodes five days a week.  You'd figure shows like that they'd save for the weekends.  If they want to attract a steady primetime audience, they'll change the channel pretty quick if they're watching something they just saw a month ago - how do you build an audience that way?

When you look at other genres, it's a generally accepted rule that you need 100 episodes of a show before it will be strip syndicated, meaning that each episode will pop up about once every five months.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

sshuffield70

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2004, 10:30:52 AM »
You know that, I know that, and I believe most people here know that.

But for some reason, Cronin doesn't know that.

tyshaun1

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2004, 12:11:58 PM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'May 6 2004, 09:30 AM\'] You know that, I know that, and I believe most people here know that.

But for some reason, Cronin doesn't know that. [/quote]
 I'd say at this point, Cronin's just throwing things at the wall to see what sticks. I wouldn't be surprised to see shows getting rotated in and out on a regular basis. The same used to happen when game shows were a priority.

Tyshaun

melman1

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2004, 06:27:06 PM »
[quote name=\'JacksonBrowne1980\' date=\'May 5 2004, 07:56 PM\'] you're right; GSN should get the rights to more classics.  the classics they should get are merril-heater, mgm, and orbis communications, and kline & friends. [/quote]
 Why?  Were they "cool"?
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.

GS Warehouse

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2004, 07:44:30 PM »
[quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'May 6 2004, 12:11 PM\'] But for some reason, Cronin doesn't know that. [/QUOTE]
I'd say at this point, Cronin's just throwing things at the wall to see what sticks. ... [/quote]
 I wonder if he had that idea while making spaghetti.  That's the way to use your "noodle".

[ducks]

tyshaun1

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2004, 09:07:08 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'May 6 2004, 06:44 PM\'] [quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'May 6 2004, 12:11 PM\'] But for some reason, Cronin doesn't know that. [/QUOTE]
I'd say at this point, Cronin's just throwing things at the wall to see what sticks. ... [/QUOTE]
I wonder if he had that idea while making spaghetti.  That's the way to use your "noodle".

[ducks] [/quote]
 [cue Blockbusters '80 & '87 losing melodies, TPIR losing horns, HS '86 car loss]

Tyshaun

GS Warehouse

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2004, 09:26:18 PM »
[quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'May 6 2004, 09:07 PM\'] [cue Blockbusters '80 & '87 losing melodies, TPIR losing horns, HS '86 car loss] [/quote]
Don't hold back, Tyshaun.  Tell me what you really think! :-D  I thought that old line was a two-buzzer joke, tops.

If you think that joke was bad: my supervisor at my last job says that there is one other thing besides spaghetti that, if it sitcks to the wall, it's done ...

[drumroll]

... underwear.

[rimshot]

That's only one reason why I don't work for him anymore.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2004, 12:09:32 AM by GS Warehouse »

Jay Temple

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2004, 10:32:09 PM »
[quote name=\'familyfeudfan\' date=\'May 4 2004, 09:24 PM\'] if only i had game show network before 2002 [/quote]
 I can't tell you how many times I've said that.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2004, 12:44:09 AM »
[quote name=\'JacksonBrowne1980\' date=\'May 5 2004, 09:56 PM\'] [quote name=\'FeudDude\' date=\'May 5 2004, 05:49 PM\'] I actually have no problem with MG and FF only being shown twice a day.  I thought four times a day was overkill.  Of course, I would've preferred if those extra airings had been replaced with more classic game shows rather than the stuff they're putting on now. [/quote]
you're right; GSN should get the rights to more classics.  the classics they should get are merril-heater, mgm, and orbis communications, and kline & friends. [/quote]
Who the hell is Orbis Communications?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2004, 12:44:20 AM by Dsmith »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

aaron sica

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2004, 01:12:23 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'May 7 2004, 12:44 AM\'] Who the hell is Orbis Communications? [/quote]
 I believe they were associated with HS86...

JerrysFeudinAgain

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2004, 03:24:04 AM »
I wish I had GSN before 1999.   :)