Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Teresa Strasser  (Read 3107 times)

whewfan

Teresa Strasser
« on: July 07, 2003, 08:15:57 AM »
I recently became a fan of the TLC show While You Were Out, which some may call a variation of Trading Spaces. A spouse sends his/her mate out for a 2 day trip, and the mate has no idea that while he/she's out, the better half is renovating a room (or sometimes an outdoor area) while they're out. In fact, While You Were Out does have a quiz element where someone follows the spouse who was sent out with a video camera. The spouse is asked various questions about his/her better half. (How long they're going to get away with this gimmick, I'll never know) The better half is then asked these questions, which wins them prizes such as furniture or some other knick knack for their room, while answering wrong wins them a not so nice booby prize.

Teresa Strasser replaced the original hostess of While You Were Out, whom was obviously not fitting in with the show. Some of you may remember Teresa from GSN's \"Lover's Lounge\", the more tolerable co-host of the GSN filler that talked about the \"games of love\".

However, I discovered, courtesy of IMDB that Teresa has an interesting game show background beyond Lover's Lounge.  Teresa also was a writer for The Chair, It's Your Chance of a Lifetime, and Win Ben Stein's Money. She also was a segment producer for Who Wants to Be a Millionaire.

Fedya

Teresa Strasser
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2003, 08:39:26 AM »
Stupid question: What exactly does a \"segment producer\" do?

If you had asked me what a segment producer does before mentioning that Millionaire has segment producers, I would have guessed that it would be somebody who produces one of the segments on a show like the old PM Magazine that had multiple segments with some in-studio filler.  But WWTBAM, of course, doesn't have anything like that, so I'm guessing that's not what a segment producer does.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

GS Warehouse

Teresa Strasser
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2003, 10:00:24 AM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'Jul 7 2003, 07:15 AM\'] Teresa Strasser replaced the original hostess of While You Were Out, whom was obviously not fitting in with the show. Some of you may remember Teresa from GSN's "Lover's Lounge", the more tolerable co-host of the GSN filler that talked about the "games of love". [/quote]
 Refresh my memory: when Todd Newton joined Lover's Lounge (in a futile attempt to save it), did he replace Teresa or the other one?

BTW, the original WYWO host, Anna Bocci, has been sighted in a commercial for Earthlink.

whewfan

Teresa Strasser
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2003, 10:33:50 AM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Jul 7 2003, 09:00 AM\'] Refresh my memory: when Todd Newton joined Lover's Lounge (in a futile attempt to save it), did he replace Teresa or the other one?

BTW, the original WYWO host, Anna Bocci, has been sighted in a commercial for Earthlink. [/quote]
 I believe Todd replaced Heather Keaney.

PeterMarshallFan

Teresa Strasser
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2003, 12:34:59 PM »
And they pulled it (LL) right before Jim Peck was to be on. That would have been a nifty thing to see.

uncamark

Teresa Strasser
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2003, 03:45:00 PM »
Stupid question: What exactly does a \"segment producer\" do?

For purposes of game shows nowadays, \"segment producer\" is usually a euphenism for \"writer who's not a member of the Writer's Guild,\" as is often \"researcher,\" \"editorial staff\" or even some \"program staff.\"  

When \"WWTBAM\" started, they used the non-union \"WBSM\" staff in LA under the supervision of Terry McDonnell to write the questions, since \"WBSM\" was in hiatus at the time and was a Disney product.  To avoid problems with the Writer's Guild, being a network show and all, they credited the writers as \"segment producers.\"  When the show went full-time, they hired a separate staff that turned Guild near the end of the network run and is still Guild today--and credited as writers.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2003, 03:45:50 PM by uncamark »