The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Can You Tell

<< < (2/3) > >>

Matt Ottinger:
This almost makes me glad I don't get Oxygen.  Without going into a huge rant (hey, check out the thing about WML? in another thread -- or in almost any thread about panel games in the last ten years), let me just say that I don't think my blood pressure could take seeing another panel game done poorly.

When I long for the days of \"Everything's Relative\", something is definitely wrong.

byrd62:
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Jul 6 2003, 09:19 PM\']3.  The host, who's name I don't know nor have I ever heard of, has the personality of zwieback.

[/quote]
I have seen parts of a few of these episodes.  The host, by the way, is Tony Rock.  If you think he looks familiar, it's because he looks like his more famous brother, Chris Rock.  Both are comedians.  [OT:  Chris will host the 2003 MTV Video Music Awards late next month.]  I don't know if Tony's as bad as zwieback, but you could be right.

\"Can You Tell?\" also has a female announcer/on-camera sidekick, whose name I haven't yet caught.

According to Oxygen's website, the show uses up-and-coming comedians for panelists.

Michael Klinghoffer, who co-created Nickelodeon's Double Dare, is executive producer along with former t***-s*** producer Roni Selig.  Another Nick Double Dare alumnus, Dana Calderwood, is the director.

Oxygen aired a marathon over the weekend; the show currently airs weeknights 7:30 pm /6:30 central.

MikeK:
[quote name=\'byrd62\' date=\'Jul 7 2003, 05:04 PM\'] "Can You Tell?" also has a female announcer/on-camera sidekick, whose name I haven't yet caught.

Oxygen aired a marathon over the weekend; the show currently airs weeknights 7:30 pm /6:30 central. [/quote]
 Since I have absolutely no taste and because there's nothing else on late at night, I can fill in some of the gaps.

Two different announcers/sidekicks have been used.  The blonde announcer (kinda cute, IMHO) is Jenn Colella.  I haven't caught the name of the other announcer.

CYT also airs at Midnight and 1:30 AM Eastern.

I need to get out more often...

ilb4ever2000:

--- Quote ---Michael Klinghoffer, who co-created Nickelodeon's Double Dare, is executive producer along with former t***-s*** producer Roni Selig. Another Nick Double Dare alumnus, Dana Calderwood, is the director.
--- End quote ---

Why must we continue to harbor anger towards talk shows?

clemon79:
[quote name=\'ilb4ever2000\' date=\'Jul 7 2003, 03:39 PM\'] Why must we continue to harbor anger towards talk shows? [/quote]
 1) They pretty much unilaterally suck.

2) It's a better running gag around here than Donegan's idiotic jokes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version