Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Whats GOOD about the New GSN ?  (Read 5516 times)

Jimmy Owen

Whats GOOD about the New GSN ?
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2004, 11:36:19 AM »
What's good about the new GSN?  My pick is "Blockbusters," starring Biiiilll Culllllennnn.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2004, 11:58:43 AM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Apr 23 2004, 10:01 PM\'][quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Apr 23 2004, 07:11 PM\'] [quote name=\'JRaygor\' date=\'Apr 23 2004, 01:24 PM\'] So GSN made some changes, so what ?
-Joe R. [/quote]
But JOE. YOU MUST UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE TO HAVE CLEAN ENDINGS, NO SPLIT SCREENS, FEE PLUGS, CONTESTANT PLUGS, AND DIAMOND HEAD GAME ON THE SCHEDULE OR ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!!!! [/quote]
Don, Don, Don.  [shakes head]  Next time, use more colors and more varying font sizes.
[/quote]
Nah, he shouldn't do that.  What he should really do is vary the font styles instead.

EDIT:  But after previewing it, I guess he can't do that.  Never mind.  :)

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

adamjk

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2004, 12:08:17 PM »
I'm glad to see the syndie Combs version of Feud airing. The split-screening, BTW does bother me, but at the same time it doesn't. I mean, would I like to see the credits in their entirety? Sure. But the fact that I can't doesn't bother me. Plus I have old tapes I can watch with the end credits. As long as I am able to get the shows I want recorded even w/o the end credits, I am happy.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2004, 12:10:20 PM by adamjk »

adamjk

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2004, 01:00:01 PM »
I just noticed another good thing. I think they always leave the fee plugs in on J! now.

zachhoran

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2004, 07:22:44 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Apr 24 2004, 12:00 PM\'] I just noticed another good thing. I think they always leave the fee plugs in on J! now. [/quote]
 They haven't left the fee plugs in on J! in several years on GSN. Back when they ran the 80s shows and Johnny still read the plugs, they often did leave them in.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2004, 03:48:11 AM »
[quote name=\'jdhernandez\' date=\'Apr 24 2004, 04:56 AM\'] BTW, Mr. Smith....you broke my sarcasm detector...buy me a new one. :-D [/quote]
 You'll have to talk to Mike and Dave. Mike handles Accounts Payable/receiveable, and Dave is in charge of shipping.  But we're out of styrofoam peanuts right now; so check back later.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

passwordplus

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2004, 07:48:33 PM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' date=\'Apr 23 2004, 02:24 PM\'] I'm getting sick of all these cruel anti-GSN flamethowing threads. I wish here we can talk about all the positvies of the New GSN.

To be honest, I like the graphic changes. I got really tired of seeing that blue ball fall succesfully into the blue hole and the like after about it's 5th year in useage.

"Blackjack" is growing on me, I see a lot of good stragety in the game. In fact, I even held a "World Series of Blackjack" in my house (I was Tiki !) and we all had a fun time (My mom won over my dad by 1 chip !)

Nothing bad to say about "KvS" or "Spy TV". Why ? Because... I never watch it, simple really.

Game Shows are still there, maybe there not the center of attention anymore, but they still hold promient places in the schedule. If you want unblemished copies of shows, get into tape trading. It's fun !

So GSN made some changes, so what ?
-Joe R. [/quote]
 I decided to answer your post before reading the rest to make it fair. Continued "new"(never seen before on GSN) eps. of PYL on the weekends, Millionaire cycling through 2000 are two good things that they have kept. But I have to say I haven't watched anything 10-11 on that channel with the exception of FF on Saturday nights. I may check out WSBJ after reading about it in another thread, but that will be it. GSN won't have my viewership 10-11 otherwise.

CaseyAbell

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2004, 11:40:01 AM »
Like Blackjack and Mole. Don't like Fake-a-Date, KvS or Spy TV. Everything else is the same.

Hm, that didn't take much space.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2004, 11:40:16 AM by CaseyAbell »

BrandonFG

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2004, 03:36:19 PM »
[quote name=\'Casey Buck\' date=\'Apr 23 2004, 11:19 PM\'] [quote name=\'feuddude\' date=\'Apr 23 2004, 08:09 PM\'] They didn't change anything for the better IMO, but I don't think it's much worse now than it was in the months before the name change. However, those squashed credits have to go! [/quote]
*WHOOSH*

Flight 420 to Clueville now boarding at Gate GSF.

(P.S. Do the WHOOSH or Flight 420 remarks apply only to jokes that go over people's heads, or anything that goes over people's heads in general?) [/quote]
 Well, he *did* miss the point of the thread, so apparently, he *does* need to make a trip to Clueville. :-)

As far as good things GSN has done: they haven't killed the schedule the way everyone thought they did, and picking up Street Smarts was a nice move.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!