Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSNŽ Promos Overshadowing End Credits  (Read 7751 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
GSNŽ Promos Overshadowing End Credits
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2004, 08:27:53 AM »
I say if they really want to do promos, do those promos in the background, and leave the closing credits, themes, and Monty Hall's deals at the end of LMAD alone.
And they should do this, why?
Speaking of announcers, many people DO want to know who those announcers are. Some will be saying "Where have I heard this person before?" or "Is this who I think it is?"
"Many people" doesn't equate to 40 posters on a game show board.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2004, 08:28:06 AM by Dsmith »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

FeudDude

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2004, 10:10:00 AM »
I don't care what anyone says.  GSN has gone too far with these split-screen credits.  I mean, showing promos during the credits is one thing, but showing GSN bumpers during the credits just so they can keep the split-screen on the whole time (right down to the closing logo) is absolutely ridiculous.  I actually don't care that much about the fee plugs...in fact, I think that's when they SHOULD show the splitscreen ads, so that when the actually credits come on we can hear the theme music and the announcer signoff, and see what goes on during the sets during the closing.  I agree with Ian that these are a part of the show...they help to lend these classic shows their charm.  It's just not the same when the credits are squished in a little box like this.

If you want to flame me for this opinion, go ahead, but I stand by it.  I want my closing credits!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2004, 11:27:00 AM »
[quote name=\'FeudDude\' date=\'Apr 26 2004, 07:10 AM\'] If you want to flame me for this opinion, go ahead, but I stand by it.  I want my closing credits! [/quote]
 I won't flame you for this, you have a right to an opinion, but by saying this even after everything has been said you indicate that you don't have a damn clue about how this business works.

Now, if you're fine with that, great.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

CaseyAbell

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2004, 11:37:34 AM »
Why would anybody watch the end of these shows, anyway? I'm off to other channels looking for something else. Old fee plugs or new GSN promos, makes no difference to me.