Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Whats GOOD about the New GSN ?  (Read 5533 times)

J.R.

Whats GOOD about the New GSN ?
« on: April 23, 2004, 02:24:58 PM »
I'm getting sick of all these cruel anti-GSN flamethowing threads. I wish here we can talk about all the positvies of the New GSN.

To be honest, I like the graphic changes. I got really tired of seeing that blue ball fall succesfully into the blue hole and the like after about it's 5th year in useage.

"Blackjack" is growing on me, I see a lot of good stragety in the game. In fact, I even held a "World Series of Blackjack" in my house (I was Tiki !) and we all had a fun time (My mom won over my dad by 1 chip !)

Nothing bad to say about "KvS" or "Spy TV". Why ? Because... I never watch it, simple really.

Game Shows are still there, maybe there not the center of attention anymore, but they still hold promient places in the schedule. If you want unblemished copies of shows, get into tape trading. It's fun !

So GSN made some changes, so what ?
-Joe R.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2004, 02:25:50 PM by JRaygor »
-Joe Raygor

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2004, 07:11:07 PM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' date=\'Apr 23 2004, 01:24 PM\'] So GSN made some changes, so what ?
-Joe R. [/quote]
 But JOE. YOU MUST UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE TO HAVE CLEAN ENDINGS, NO SPLIT SCREENS, FEE PLUGS, CONTESTANT PLUGS, AND DIAMOND HEAD GAME ON THE SCHEDULE OR ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Timsterino

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2004, 09:35:47 PM »
I have to say that when GSN said they were changing, I freaked out. I am never a person who takes well to change. That is just me.

HOWEVER, I am pleased so far with what I see of GSN. They are starting to have more variety in the evenings and GSN needed that. All of the shows may not be "game shows" in our definition (whatever that is) but it is nice to mix things up a bit.

It looks like they are headed in the right direction. The pick-up of Street Smarts is also a step in that direction.

Tim :-)

GS Warehouse

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2004, 11:01:38 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Apr 23 2004, 07:11 PM\'] [quote name=\'JRaygor\' date=\'Apr 23 2004, 01:24 PM\'] So GSN made some changes, so what ?
-Joe R. [/quote]
But JOE. YOU MUST UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE TO HAVE CLEAN ENDINGS, NO SPLIT SCREENS, FEE PLUGS, CONTESTANT PLUGS, AND DIAMOND HEAD GAME ON THE SCHEDULE OR ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!!!! [/quote]
 Don, Don, Don.  [shakes head]  Next time, use more colors and more varying font sizes.

Seriously, I've pretty much moved on.  In the daytime, all I ever watch on the new GSN anymore is Blockbusters, but I got hooked into The World Series of Blackjack as well.

FeudDude

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2004, 11:09:49 PM »
They didn't change anything for the better IMO, but I don't think it's much worse now than it was in the months before the name change.  However, those squashed credits have to go!

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2004, 11:21:27 PM »
They didn't change anything for the better IMO, but I don't think it's much worse now than it was in the months before the name change. However, those squashed credits have to go!

The entire purpose of this topic is completely over your head. Try again.
insert signature here

whampyl03

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2004, 12:18:59 AM »
Even though I'm never going to watch it, Street Smarts was an EXCELLENT pick-up on GSN's part.

Casey Buck

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2004, 12:19:15 AM »
[quote name=\'feuddude\' date=\'Apr 23 2004, 08:09 PM\'] They didn't change anything for the better IMO, but I don't think it's much worse now than it was in the months before the name change. However, those squashed credits have to go! [/quote]
*WHOOSH*

Flight 420 to Clueville now boarding at Gate GSF.

(P.S. Do the WHOOSH or Flight 420 remarks apply only to jokes that go over people's heads, or anything that goes over people's heads in general?)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2004, 12:25:42 AM by Casey Buck »

Combs Feud aficionado

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2004, 12:51:19 AM »
Two positives for me: Combs FF and Eubanks CS are still on the schedule.

Winkfan

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2004, 12:53:16 AM »
The ONLY GOOD THING about the 'new' GSN, or what's left of it, is that B&W Overnight is still untouched.

You know what? I think that after GSN reaches the end of What's My Line again, they should move Beat the Clock from weekends at 4:00am EST to M-F at 4:30am EST right after Password. Then, they can get the rights to the 1962-63 version of Mike Stokey's Stump the Stars and have that show and The Name's the Same run back-to-back on weekends. I mean, if GSN can get Street Smarts, why not StS?

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Barbara Stuart of the Big Board!'
« Last Edit: April 24, 2004, 12:54:20 AM by Winkfan »
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2004, 01:26:02 AM »
I myself am getting hooked on the Blackjack show. That's the only good thing I can find, outside the traditional "Game Show" stuff.

Other than the network name change, that's all the good stuff I can find about the new GSN.

jdhernandez

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2004, 05:56:57 AM »
I'm getting sick of all these cruel anti-GSN flamethowing threads. I wish here we can talk about all the positvies of the New GSN.

Um....ok....um....."Press Your Luck" is still on. :-p Actually, I'm uber-glad that it's still on and still going further in the run....that's about all I can come up with...

Nothing bad to say about "KvS" or "Spy TV". Why ? Because... I never watch it, simple really.

Heh, you pretty much hit that right on. I don't watch GSN that much anymore....maybe the very occassional Lingo, Millionaire, and $100k Pyramid. Of course PYL. =)

BTW, Mr. Smith....you broke my sarcasm detector...buy me a new one. :-D
-Jason Hernandez; aka "Dimples"

Tomarken: "...somebody else could do this job!"

Rod Roddy: "Yes, I'm afraid that's true."

~Rod making a joke after Peter complains that it's Labor Day and he shouldn't be working on Press Your Luck.

HomieG1386

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2004, 09:35:05 AM »
Wha? They picked up Street Smarts? Man, I've been to busy to notice. o.O

I like the snappy graphics.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2004, 10:34:07 AM »
It's basically the same network. From our standpoint, we've been grappling with them infiltrating the primetime schedule with new ventures for a while now. It's no big deal they're trying more. "The Mole" was a good choice, "WSOB" turned out much better than I could have ever guessed - the other three shows simply blow.

"Kenny vs. Spenny" can be okay, but to think they actually spent money to air it boggles me. "Spy TV" I'm sure appeals to soembody, but...and "Fake-a-Date" is just another mediocre dating show.

Look at it this way - we still get the shows we've liked to watch since GSN started and even a few we didn't (Eubanks CS for one). And yes, "Street Smarts" was a good choice.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Steve_Bier

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2004, 11:26:47 AM »
Well....Love Connection is still on.....so is Press Your Luck.

Other than that....

Mneh.