Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSNŽ Promos Overshadowing End Credits  (Read 7377 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
GSNŽ Promos Overshadowing End Credits
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2004, 10:08:03 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Apr 22 2004, 07:05 PM\'] ObMysteryNames: I was going to ask where Doug Morris got the last name of Tiki, the World Series of Blackjack dealer, but I remembered that one of the finalists happens to come from his hometown.  Gee, I wonder who Doug will be rooting for Monday night. :-) [/quote]
 Long as it isn't that asshat in the wildcard chair, I'll be happy. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

David Lawrence

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2004, 10:25:43 PM »
I'm one of those who's always enjoyed sticking around for closing credits, be it TV shows or movies. I also maintain a tape collection. But while I think it's silly to relegate the credits to a small portion of the screen, I understand why GSN might think it necessary and it doesn't bother or upset me.  Rather than get worked up, I tend to shrug my shoulders and move on. Having GSN since Fall 1999, I've always been happy just to get to see (and in some cases tape) some of these shows. Also, considering that at one time GSN put whole episodes in a tiny box, I'll take tiny credits any day rather than a return to Win-TV broadcasts.

melman1

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2004, 10:59:00 PM »
[quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'Apr 22 2004, 06:17 PM\'] This is the first time this issue has been brought up here, you don't have to remind us that it has been brought up on other message boards before. [/quote]
 Apparently, I do.  I will also remind you that on those other boards, it's always the same few people, whipping each other into the same frenzy.  "I wrote the following letter to GSN," one will say.  And the other lemmings say "Well done, I know they will listen to you."  And nothing ever happens.

Good Gravy Marie, I've actually gotten to the point where I enjoy seeing the credits crunched and muted - just because I know how it irks some people.  How pathetic is that?

And again - the announcers and themes are heard in the opening credits. Usually more so than at the end credits.  Seems to me that local stations used to do a voice-over over the end credits quite often anyway.

If you don't like it, hey, I've got an idea, DON'T READ IT.

So you're entitled to your opinion but I'm not entitled to mine?  No, no... it doesn't work that way.
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.

tyshaun1

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2004, 11:14:59 PM »
[quote name=\'melman1\' date=\'Apr 22 2004, 09:59 PM\'] So you're entitled to your opinion but I'm not entitled to mine?  No, no... it doesn't work that way. [/quote]
My point is just because you see it posted on another board, doesn't mean no one's allowed to mention it here. Not everyone reads all the boards, but in your case, I guess you do. Hey, I've got another idea, why don't you start your own board? That way, you can lock posts that bring up topics (that you disagree with) are on other boards! Which would probably mean you'd have nothing to talk about.

Tyshaun
(P.S.  I KNOW the split screens aren't going to end anytime soon. That doesn't mean everyone's going to like it.)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2004, 11:15:46 PM by tyshaun1 »

irismason42

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2004, 11:36:59 PM »
With the split screen going away, it's gonna take years or even decades to stop doing the split screening but they'll still reduce the split screen ad time but they'll keep doing the split screen.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2004, 11:42:24 PM »
[quote name=\'irismason42\' date=\'Apr 22 2004, 08:36 PM\'] With the split screen going away, it's gonna take years or even decades to stop doing the split screening but they'll still reduce the split screen ad time but they'll keep doing the split screen. [/quote]
 Wow.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2004, 12:12:48 AM »
I've got an idea to have a triple screen with the closing credits of the previous show, promo in the middle and the opening credits of the next show at the same time.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

familyfeudfan

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2004, 12:30:48 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Apr 22 2004, 11:12 PM\'] I've got an idea to have a triple screen with the closing credits of the previous show, promo in the middle and the opening credits of the next show at the same time. [/quote]
Don't give them ideas. LOL

whampyl03

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2004, 01:59:36 AM »
... But I always think: "Why don't they just simply cut-out the fee plugs alltogether, whats the diffrence from shrinking the show to a tiny portion"

Exactly.

Don't get me wrong, I love the closing credits for all the reasons that everybody else does, but since the section of the screen that houses the end-credits has been scrunched down to an un-noticeable, un-readable size, and the entire end-credits segment has now been split screened completely, I say it's unfortunately the time to put an end all end-credits on the now defunct Game Show Network for good.

And for the fans of GSN which are completely disgusted by the previous remark I‘ve made, I will say this:  Might as well take the death-blow all at once than take it in small increments.  GSN will never revert to the old, non-split screened days (unfortunately).
« Last Edit: April 23, 2004, 02:00:38 AM by whampyl03 »

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2004, 03:01:47 AM »
[quote name=\'irismason42\' date=\'Apr 22 2004, 11:36 PM\'] With the split screen going away, it's gonna take years or even decades to stop doing the split screening but they'll still reduce the split screen ad time but they'll keep doing the split screen. [/quote]
 April Fool's Day was three weeks ago.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2004, 04:58:54 AM »
[quote name=\'irismason42\' date=\'Apr 22 2004, 10:36 PM\'] With the split screen going away, it's gonna take years or even decades to stop doing the split screening but they'll still reduce the split screen ad time but they'll keep doing the split screen. [/quote]
 What language is this in?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

aaron sica

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2004, 07:53:47 AM »
[quote name=\'irismason42\' date=\'Apr 22 2004, 11:36 PM\'] With the split screen going away, it's gonna take years or even decades to stop doing the split screening but they'll still reduce the split screen ad time but they'll keep doing the split screen. [/quote]
 Any Irismasonese to English translators around?

Ian Wallis

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2004, 09:41:08 AM »
I love the closing credits for all the reasons that everybody else does, but since the section of the screen that houses the end-credits has been scrunched down to an un-noticeable, un-readable size, and the entire end-credits segment has now been split screened completely, I say it's unfortunately the time to put an end all end-credits on the now defunct Game Show Network for good.

I think one of the reasons it bugs me so much is that it's part of the show, just as the opening is part of the show.  If they cut it off completely, in reality they're cutting off part of the show.  How would you feel if one day they just skipped the opening and started right from when the host was introduced?

I know, I know - GSN's there to make money and all - but I hate the fact they have to cut off part of the show to do it.  But I guess they're no different from any other cable network.  TVLand, for instance, airs edited versions of most of their sitcoms, because in the '60s there were fewer commercials and they have to cut out parts of the show to meet today's commercial demands.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2004, 01:29:32 AM »
I say if they really want to do promos, do those promos in the background, and leave the closing credits, themes, and Monty Hall's deals at the end of LMAD alone.

Speaking of announcers, many people DO want to know who those announcers are. Some will be saying "Where have I heard this person before?" or "Is this who I think it is?"

ChuckNet

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2004, 02:30:19 AM »
How would you feel if one day they just skipped the opening and started right from when the host was introduced?

It'd look like an episode of Knockout. :-) (The show had no true opening...it began w/a ECU of Arte making an ad-libbed comment, pausing, then segueing into the announcer's contestant intros).

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")