Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSNŽ Promos Overshadowing End Credits  (Read 7380 times)

AH3RD

GSNŽ Promos Overshadowing End Credits
« on: April 22, 2004, 05:19:07 PM »
I would like to open a new topic here concerning a rather irritable habit of GSNŽ:

Everyone notice how they completely drown out the game's closing credits (fee plugs and all!) with excessive promos of other games? Once, they just interrupt the credits to show a promo, and then resume the end credits once the promos have finished. Now, for reasons unknown, they've decided to pile on a whole barrage of them!

Please, GSNŽ! One promotion is enough! :-p
« Last Edit: April 22, 2004, 05:21:02 PM by AH3RD »
Aaron Handy III - ah07_1999@yahoo.com

The ABC Password Page

The Aaron Handy III TV Web Shrine

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2004, 05:22:49 PM »
[quote name=\'AH3RD\' date=\'Apr 22 2004, 02:19 PM\'] Please, GSNŽ! One promotion is enough! :-p [/quote]
 Why does it matter? It's just the end credits.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

adamjk

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2004, 05:32:23 PM »
Some of us(myself included) like to listen to the great themes, and hear the announcers voices. Many of them will never be heard again. Those would include Johnny Olson, Gene Wood and Rod Roddy.

irismason42

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2004, 06:11:54 PM »
At least they can still keep the fee plugs in full screen for syndicated Match Game on weekends and the Saturday night episodes of Family Feud and still do it. That way the FF and MG fans still given lots of treats to see the fee plugs in full again.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2004, 06:14:05 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Apr 22 2004, 02:32 PM\'] Some of us(myself included) like to listen to the great themes, and hear the announcers voices. Many of them will never be heard again. Those would include Johnny Olson, Gene Wood and Rod Roddy. [/quote]
 That's a good answer. The one I was expecting to here was someone whining about keeping the integrity of the episode pure for their precious tape collection.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

jbrocato

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2004, 06:45:15 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Apr 22 2004, 04:32 PM\'] Some of us(myself included) like to listen to the great themes, and hear the announcers voices. Many of them will never be heard again. Those would include Johnny Olson, Gene Wood and Rod Roddy. [/quote]
 I agree, especially since I have only had GSN since last May.   I haven't heard the MG theme as much as others on this list (heck, I was so desperate for MG that I actually enjoyed the 1998 version, although now I know why the 1970s shows were superior).

John Brocato

Casey Buck

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2004, 07:12:32 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Apr 22 2004, 03:14 PM\'][quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Apr 22 2004, 02:32 PM\'] Some of us(myself included) like to listen to the great themes, and hear the announcers voices. Many of them will never be heard again. Those would include Johnny Olson, Gene Wood and Rod Roddy. [/quote]
That's a good answer. The one I was expecting to here was someone whining about keeping the integrity of the episode pure for their precious tape collection.[/quote]
DAMN IT!! GSN is making me so mad!!!!! I need my game shows in PERFECT quality or I won't watch at all!*

*posted using Sarcas-o-matic™ version 3.2.

melman1

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2004, 07:52:02 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Apr 22 2004, 02:32 PM\'] Some of us(myself included) like to listen to the great themes, and hear the announcers voices. Many of them will never be heard again. Those would include Johnny Olson, Gene Wood and Rod Roddy. [/quote]
Since the announcers had much more to say during the shows' openings than in the closing credits, the "they will never be heard again" argument simply doesn't hold water.

Other forum sites have long pointless threads about this non-issue.  Do we really need one here?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2004, 07:52:53 PM by melman1 »
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2004, 07:56:30 PM »
[quote name=\'melman1\' date=\'Apr 22 2004, 07:52 PM\'] <rant snipped> [/quote]
Yes, we do.

Something called "sign-offs." If I were an announcer, I'd want people to hear my name at the end of the show.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2004, 07:56:57 PM by PeterMarshallFan »

adamjk

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2004, 08:52:40 PM »
Since the announcers had much more to say during the shows' openings than in the closing credits, the "they will never be heard again" argument simply doesn't hold water.

I didn't mean it in that way neccesarily. What I meant was they will never be heard again on an first run show.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2004, 09:13:36 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Apr 22 2004, 04:22 PM\'] [quote name=\'AH3RD\' date=\'Apr 22 2004, 02:19 PM\'] Please, GSNŽ! One promotion is enough! :-p [/quote]
Why does it matter? It's just the end credits. [/quote]
 It's just the same handful of people who continue to bash GSN.  If you guys can't enjoy it, go watch something else...this argument gets really old, really fast.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

tyshaun1

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2004, 09:17:01 PM »
[quote name=\'melman1\' date=\'Apr 22 2004, 06:52 PM\'] [quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Apr 22 2004, 02:32 PM\'] Some of us(myself included) like to listen to the great themes, and hear the announcers voices. Many of them will never be heard again. Those would include Johnny Olson, Gene Wood and Rod Roddy. [/quote]

Other forum sites have long pointless threads about this non-issue.  Do we really need one here? [/quote]
 Mel, did ya ever stop to think that maybe because there are several other threads that seem to care about this "pointless issue", that there are many folks out there who would like to hear their favorite announcer or theme music not be bumped every time in favor of the 4th promo of Kenny vs. Spenny that hour (or, in some cases, 2 or 3 network bumpers)?
I don't necessarily lose sleep over the issue, but it is annoying to see GSN run network ID's just so they can competely fill out end credit space, even though most people should be able to tell what network they're watching with the huge GSN logo in the middle of the split screen.
This is the first time this issue has been brought up here, you don't have to remind us that it has been brought up on other message boards before. If you don't like it, hey, I've got an idea, DON'T READ IT.

Tyshaun

dzinkin

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2004, 09:29:00 PM »
[quote name=\'melman1\' date=\'Apr 22 2004, 07:52 PM\']Other forum sites have long pointless threads about this non-issue.  Do we really need one here?[/quote]
Considering that we actually manage to cover these topics intelligently -- in stark contrast to most of the other forums out there (and before anyone gets offended, I am not talking about Golden-Road.net) -- I see no reason why we can't discuss them here.

I'll tell you what... if you see a topic discussed elsewhere, you are hereby excused from having to talk about it here.  I'm sure Matt and Chris will be happy to grant you the appropriate waiver. :-D

J.R.

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2004, 10:01:56 PM »
It doesn't bother me. But I always think: "Why don't they just simply cut-out the fee plugs alltogether, whats the diffrence from shrinking the show to a tiny portion"

-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

GS Warehouse

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2004, 10:05:34 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Apr 22 2004, 05:22 PM\'] Why does it matter? It's just the end credits. [/quote]
I've always been opposed to so-called generic credits, but GSN is a rare instance where I'd actually lobby for them.  Keep the promo screen where it is now, use the right side of the screen for the show up next, maybe a counter saying "starts in 0:15", then the bottom for the credits.  They'd actually be more readable this way.

[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Apr 22 2004, 07:56 PM\']If I were an announcer, I'd want people to hear my name at the end of the show.[/quote]
We discussed this credit abuse once before, and we established that there are some people who, so long as they get paid, couldn't care less if their mother saw their names on the credits.  If fact, if you worked for something like CS01, would you want anyone to know?  If it wasn't for labor unions, credits would be forever deleted altogether.

ObMysteryNames: I was going to ask where Doug Morris got the last name of Tiki, the World Series of Blackjack dealer, but I remembered that one of the finalists happens to come from his hometown.  Gee, I wonder who Doug will be rooting for Monday night. :-)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2004, 10:07:54 PM by GS Warehouse »