The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

TNPIR'72 Changes to TPIR

(1/4) > >>

Argo:
Was wondering since i only have a few episode of early 70s TPIR, was wondering if there was any mention on air when they officially changed the name to TPIR. I think it was sometime in 73, but dunno for sure. Was it the start of the season or mid way through?

Thanks.

uncamark:

--- Quote ---Was wondering since i only have a few episode of early 70s TPIR, was wondering if there was any mention on air when they officially changed the name to TPIR. I think it was sometime in 73, but dunno for sure. Was it the start of the season or mid way through?
--- End quote ---

I believe it was sometime in the summer of 1973, shortly after the time slot change to 3 p.m. ET.  (Yes, they did first-run shows in the summer that first year.)  There was no fanfare when the \"New\" was dropped from the title.  They just did it.

Neumms:
I also recall tuning in one day and just noticing it.

Didn't they also do a little bit of painting and wallpapering at the same time, mainly to the turntable area?

Also, when did they switch from the orange displays in contestants' row to the multicolor model, and from brown frames for the big doors to green? It wasn't at this stage was it? (I'm guessing it's when they expanded to an hour.)

joelvanderveen:
[quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Jul 6 2003, 01:52 PM\'] Also, when did they switch from the orange displays in contestants' row to the multicolor model, and from brown frames for the big doors to green? It wasn't at this stage was it? (I'm guessing it's when they expanded to an hour.) [/quote]
 So those frames were originally brown? Yikes... I always thought it was dull green and just looked worse on the poor-quality videotape. I must say, they have come a long way since 1972 (though that goes without saying).

sshuffield70:
I remember when I was watching the Dennis James version on weekends, that he had the brown boards with the flowers.  I suspect that with the change in '75 that's when we saw the multi color boards.  BTW, I didn't get to see daytime TPIR until '76.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version