Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: You Make the Call!  (Read 6851 times)

Jimmy Owen

You Make the Call!
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2003, 10:39:21 PM »
My opinion has not changed, but I did not see this Match Game ep. Is it possible that Richard may have thought the contestant did not know the difference in the words, in essence, second guessing in trying to match the contestant, rather than the contestant matching him?  I seem to recall some audience match examples where the words were misheard. I'm a fan of professional wrestling, so \"bearer\" would have popped into my head under either spelling, but do I think Richard would say that?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2003, 11:38:02 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
You Make the Call!
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2003, 01:37:04 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jul 6 2003, 07:39 PM\'] Is it possible that Richard may have thought the contestant did not know the difference in the words, in essence, second guessing in trying to match the contestant, rather than the contestant matching him? [/quote]
 Ideally, you want the two players to get on the same wavelength and match EACH OTHER. Anytime one player or the other crosses over that line and tries to second-guess how someone might respond to a given clue, signals get crossed and bad things tend to happen.

Based on past experience, we know Richard is an exceptional player. Because of that, it's safe to say that he's aware of the basic tenet I describe above. So I highly doubt that he thought he was doing anyone any kind of a favor, because if he were truly paying attention, he'd know that doing that hinders more than helps.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe