Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I have a confession to make...  (Read 3779 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
I have a confession to make...
« on: April 21, 2004, 05:06:43 PM »
Okay, so I had some time to kill on Monday night, and I flipped to GSN, and the WSOB wildcard round was on. And I said I'd give it another shot, so I stuck around a while.

And within three hands I was yelling at the TV. I dunno if it was that loudmouth in the rightmost seat, but it sucked me in, and Vasgersian didn't even annoy me that much. (I think because we agreed about That Guy...if he was sitting at my table when I was playing for real, I'd have taken him outside and pounded the snot out of him.)

So I was wrong about blackjack not being a viable TV program. It works well. The way the match is presented, working up to a Final Jeopardy-esque final hand, is very cool. And Tiki the dealer is even developing some personality, too, she had some deadpan (as is her job) comments for Loudmouth along the way that I enjoyed.

So since they're gonna repeat this into the ground, I should have ample chance to Tivo the rest of the series and get back up to speed with it.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

familyfeudfan

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2004, 11:21:55 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Apr 21 2004, 04:06 PM\'] they're gonna repeat this into the ground, [/quote]
So true.

J.R.

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2004, 12:24:39 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Apr 21 2004, 04:06 PM\'] Okay, so I had some time to kill on Monday night, and I flipped to GSN, and the WSOB wildcard round was on. And I said I'd give it another shot, so I stuck around a while.

And within three hands I was yelling at the TV. I dunno if it was that loudmouth in the rightmost seat, but it sucked me in, and Vasgersian didn't even annoy me that much. (I think because we agreed about That Guy...if he was sitting at my table when I was playing for real, I'd have taken him outside and pounded the snot out of him.)

So I was wrong about blackjack not being a viable TV program. It works well. The way the match is presented, working up to a Final Jeopardy-esque final hand, is very cool. And Tiki the dealer is even developing some personality, too, she had some deadpan (as is her job) comments for Loudmouth along the way that I enjoyed.

So since they're gonna repeat this into the ground, I should have ample chance to Tivo the rest of the series and get back up to speed with it. [/quote]
 I admit when I first saw this, and I know I'm not alone on this, I immeadetly wrote-it off as just some WPT Ripoff. But a 2nd chance and a closer look showed me that there's a very intriguing game than I hadn't realized. Though most of the stragety primarly comes from the betting.

Though a $110,000 1st place payout to the champ pales in comparison to the over $1.2 Million awarded to a WPT 1st place winner

-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

CaseyAbell

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2004, 08:13:06 AM »
I'm sure the network will repeat the show, but GSN is also doing two new blackjack series. See the link to the press release in the 4:00 AM thread.