Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BWO TTTT daytime version  (Read 3455 times)

Jim

BWO TTTT daytime version
« on: July 05, 2003, 07:05:34 PM »
Now that we have had \"The Essential Buddy Hackett\" in our homes for however many days it has been, the Saturday morning BWO brought out one jewel.  The fourth show aired was an afternoon TTTT.  The panel was Peccg, Buddy, Skitch Henderson, and Ann Sheridan.  GReat show!
- Buddy showed he was a good player and a good sport (trying to sit on a very tiny wooden chair on the floor)
- Ann Sheridan was a marelous panelist.  I never saw her before.  She would have been a fine addition to the evening panel or later versions.
- Do you think there is any chance of the daytime episodes being shown as part of B&WO?  It would be fresh product.  Are most of the episodes still in existence?
- I felt, for some reason, the daytime version would be inferior.  It wasn't - just like the evening show for the most part, except each wrong vote was worth $100.

davemackey

BWO TTTT daytime version
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2003, 07:18:51 PM »
It also bears noting that the daytime TTTT that Buddy was on was preserved on black-and-white videotape, rather than kinescope, originally aired on March 16, 1965, and the announcer was Jack Clark, who I never remember being a TTTT announcer. (By March of 1965, Clark was off \"Password\" and Lee Vines had that assignment both day and night.)

My problem with the daytime TTTT's is that there were a ton of commercial breaks! Even on the final episodes which aired in 1968, it seemed like they were taking unnecessary stops which just dragged the show to a halt in places.

Jimmy Owen

BWO TTTT daytime version
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2003, 07:37:49 PM »
Plus it was a 25-minute show to accomodate a Douglas Edwards newscast, so there wasn't a whole lot of time to play the game.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2003, 07:40:18 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

TwoInchQuad

BWO TTTT daytime version
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2003, 03:26:54 PM »
Without going into **any** detail whatsoever, the word on the grapevine is that the current plan is to air the TTTT daytime B&W shows during B&WO after they get through the primetime series.

So there should be about 100 of those added to the rotation.

Incidentally, I'd have to check to be certain, but I believe the show with Buddy is the first daytime that survives on videotape (#464, for those keeping count).

-Kevin

byrd62

BWO TTTT daytime version
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2003, 05:56:03 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Jul 5 2003, 06:18 PM\']My problem with the daytime TTTT's is that there were a ton of commercial breaks! Even on the final episodes which aired in 1968, it seemed like they were taking unnecessary stops which just dragged the show to a halt in places.[/quote]
That was because there was no such thing as a two- or three-minute break back then.  They were all one minute each back then, which, while it made for such unnecessary stops, was designed to suit the old :60 commercials that were common back then, so blame it on the sales practices [as well as Federal laws and the NAB Television Code] of that era.

ChuckNet

BWO TTTT daytime version
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2003, 06:55:02 PM »
That was because there was no such thing as a two- or three-minute break back then. They were all one minute each back then, which, while it made for such unnecessary stops, was designed to suit the old :60 commercials that were common back then

Yep...on Treasure Isle, for example, John Bartholomew Tucker would always lead into a break by saying \"We'll be back in just 1 min/60 secs.\".

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")