Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: $100,000 Pyramid Question  (Read 7787 times)

ChuckNet

$100,000 Pyramid Question
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2004, 08:13:16 PM »
All I can add is that what has been said applies only to the Clark version. I seem to recall John Davidson telling a contestant in the same position that she would not qualify for the next tournament.

But Davidson wasn't exactly known for his accuracy...he also told another contestant, who'd won $10K in the 1st WC, that winning the 2nd would be worth a total of $35K.

Chuck Donegan (Th eIllustrious "Chuckie Baby")

pyrfan

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2004, 11:09:38 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Apr 19 2004, 03:07 PM\']
and whose time held up until the final qualifying day, when Georgeann beat it twice.
Hmm. I don't remember it being all that strong of a time, tho, do you happen to remember offhand what it was?[/quote]
Georgeann won the 10K in 36 seconds with David Graf, which tied Mary Mahni's second-place time. Then she won the 25K with Melody Thomas Scott in 34 seconds (even though Dick kept saying it was 35 seconds during the actual tournament), which tied her with Kathleen Dawson's first-place time.

I have to admit that I was looking forward to seeing Heather in the second tournament because it would have been interesting to see a contestant in two different tournaments and because she was such a good player and fun person. But you have to remember that Heather herself knocked Thalia Taylor out of contention the day before the 5th tournament was about to start. Plus, with Georgeann qualifying twice that day, I'd say she was destined to be in that tournament.

Brendan

GS Warehouse

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2004, 11:46:58 PM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' date=\'Apr 19 2004, 11:11 PM\'] And as for women in blue dresses, you may want to watch/tape Traci Trensch tomorrow on the 6PM ET airing.  :-p [/quote]
[heart goes pitter-patter after watching her win]

Slight nitpick, though...her dress looks more like indigo to me. :-)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2004, 11:47:23 PM by GS Warehouse »