Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: That 70s Show  (Read 2083 times)

grimmte

That 70s Show
« on: April 21, 2004, 08:16:03 PM »
Donna and Jackie were talking about Donna's father on the episode tonight and she said something like "My dad is so depressed. We were watching The Price is Right this morning and he didn't even yodel along during Cliffhangers."

Comedy Gold!

sshuffield70

That 70s Show
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2004, 09:50:42 PM »
Mila Kunis (Jackie) has said in the past that she and her family learned English by watching TPIR.  How is totally beyond my comprehension.  That could have a been a nod to the show.

grimmte

That 70s Show
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2004, 03:25:23 PM »
Was it TPIR or Wheel of Fortune that they learned English? I thought i had head it was WOF with the letters, phrases, etc, but I might have misheard that

BrandonFG

That 70s Show
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2004, 03:27:04 PM »
[quote name=\'grimmte\' date=\'Apr 22 2004, 02:25 PM\'] Was it TPIR or Wheel of Fortune that they learned English? I thought i had head it was WOF with the letters, phrases, etc, but I might have misheard that [/quote]
 I remember reading TPiR as well, although Wheel would make sense.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

inturnaround

That 70s Show
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2004, 03:38:28 PM »
[quote name=\'grimmte\' date=\'Apr 22 2004, 02:25 PM\'] Was it TPIR or Wheel of Fortune that they learned English? I thought i had head it was WOF with the letters, phrases, etc, but I might have misheard that [/quote]
 No, it was TPiR. Kunis moved to America from Russia when she was seven and she credits the show, in part, with helping her learn English.

Here's a link to a Maxim magazine interview where she mentions it.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

grimmte

That 70s Show
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2004, 03:42:42 PM »
Works for me! Thanks for clarifying :)

Tony

That 70s Show
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2004, 05:02:22 PM »
This thread reminds me of a scene in the Farscape episode "Kansas", in which the crew of Moya (the living starship) follow the lead character, John Crichton (a human astronaut who accidentally trigged a wormhole, blowing him to a distant galaxy), to Earth in 1985 (when Chrichton was a teenager).  Aeryn Sun (who, as a Sebacean, looks identical to humans) watches Wheel of Fortune and Sesame Street to learn English.
Good thing it was 1985 instead of 2002 (when the episode aired), because back then Wheel and Street were arguably much better shows than they are now. :)

ChuckNet

That 70s Show
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2004, 06:49:14 PM »
No, it was TPiR. Kunis moved to America from Russia when she was seven and she credits the show, in part, with helping her learn English.

Pity it doesn't include any photos from the accompanying shoot for said issue. :-D

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

GS Warehouse

That 70s Show
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2004, 10:53:39 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Apr 22 2004, 06:49 PM\']

Pity it doesn't include any photos from the accompanying shoot for said issue. :-D [/quote]
 Ditto. [heart goes pitter-patter]  What a week.  First Traci from $100K Pyramid this week, now this.  Can't you tell I'm single? ;-)